JOE ALLEN- Official thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:54 pm

stmichael » Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:43 pm wrote:lucas is too defensive? that's his job. most teams in the league would cry out for a player of his ability in his role. he's better than mikel and he's better than anything united and city have to offer in that role aswell.

allen is far too deep at the moment in lucas' absence. the whole midfield is unbalanced. once lucas comes back hopefully he'll shore us up a bit defensively and enable allen to play higher up the pitch.

when lucas comes back he might not be guaranteed a starting spot mick. allen didnt play in a forward role with swansea, it was siggurdsson who was forward while allen held back. can we afford to play 2 dm's?, you know he wont drop allen and both rarely venture near the opposition box.
if anything he may try and put lucas as the most advancing of the 2 but who does he drop instead,does he leave gerrard and allen holding while lucas ousts sahin,suso or shelvey who are far more valuable in the final 3rd.
at least though when he does return he will give us options on the field and the bench which is what is needed.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:34 pm

He really annoyed me yesterday, even worse than hes annoyed me for the last month or so.
Lets hope he gets his sh'it together asap
:glare:
Thommo's perm

Postby Raoul » Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:42 pm

He has been poor for a while now. Time to give him a rest I think. The run of games we've got coming up will be a good excuse.
"Life is not just about money. There are other things, important things that have a different kind of value. Anyone from Liverpool could tell you that."

- Jamie Carragher
Raoul
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:18 pm

He does look as though he's in need of a rest but he wouldn't be the first of the CM's I'd drop (SG I'm looking at you!!), as he's still getting around the opposition players snapping at their heels trying to make life difficult for them.

It's his passing that has gone awry for me and after the 99% accuracy he had with passes at the start of the season it's a bit surprising in a way that this is where his game has gone to the dogs.
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jacdaniel » Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:36 pm

I believe he had his first child just a month or two back.   
Perhaps some adjustments to his personal life are having an affect on his game.

Would like to see Lucas, Allen + Shelvey in CM with Gerrard pushed to wide forward.  Think that might work well.
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby JC_81 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:11 pm

jacdaniel » Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:36 pm wrote:I believe he had his first child just a month or two back.   
Perhaps some adjustments to his personal life are having an affect on his game.

Would like to see Lucas, Allen + Shelvey in CM with Gerrard pushed to wide forward.  Think that might work well.

There's not a chance in hell that Stevie has the legs to play wide midfield these days.  Not a chance.

I do agree that Lucas, Allen and Shelvey looks like it might be a good midfield 3, but they haven't even played a game yet as a trio.

Sahin hasn't adapted at all unfortunately.  He's been a big disappointment.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Simari » Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:46 pm

I'm not certain that Sahin's got his heart and soul here. Can't really blame him other than disappointment at his performances.

As far as Allen is concerned, he was by far the best of the midfield trio yesterday. Gerrard was practically non-existent in 'some' central midfield role and Hendo reverted to type again...
Simari
LFC Super Member

Postby redalltheway36 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:20 am

i knew this would happen. 5 million for a year for sahin. joe cole was brought in when we didnt need the useless fecker. We had a creative midfielder and we  totally fecked the situation. We could of saved millions just by giving poor Aquilani a chance. No-one since his arrival has come in even close to his ability. I said joe allen would not be creative enough. Shelvey gerrard lucas Aquilani would of been the perfect quartet. The millions we have lost to find areplacement for Aqua  is far and above what we paid for aqua but no-one mentions that.
redalltheway36
LFC Member

Postby Simari » Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:55 am

You never give up do you?

Aquilani was a flop, get that into yer head! Successive managers didn't feel he could adjust and do the job. We paid far more for Aquilani and had to get rid of him to even afford the comparatively smaller loan deal for Sahin.

Sahin is a loan deal ... for 5m, he was well worth the chance given his pedigree.

Stop living in the past, it will improve your health !
Simari
LFC Super Member

Postby devaney » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:47 am

redalltheway36 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:20 am wrote:i knew this would happen. 5 million for a year for sahin. joe cole was brought in when we didnt need the useless fecker. We had a creative midfielder and we  totally fecked the situation. We could of saved millions just by giving poor Aquilani a chance. No-one since his arrival has come in even close to his ability. I said joe allen would not be creative enough. Shelvey gerrard lucas Aquilani would of been the perfect quartet. The millions we have lost to find areplacement for Aqua  is far and above what we paid for aqua but no-one mentions that.

You'll be telling us next that we should bring Torres back!  :grinning:

You're forgetting one serious fundamental: Aquilani didn't settle in England and does not want to play anywhere except Italy. He also failed to impress four Liverpool managers. There was stuff going on with the lad that we will never know about. His stats for this season in Italy have been great but he has only started three games. Don't know if he has been injured because that has always been a big problem. Real shame because I really liked the lad.

Sahin has been a real disappointment and looks like RM have stuffed us yet again.

Allen is going through an awful spell and currently offers nothing. Possibly worse than Downing and Henderson at the moment. His high percentage successful pass rate does nothing for me. Most of his passes are five yards backwards or sideways. He needs to improve quickly. His early season quality break up play also seems to have disappeared.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby mart » Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:11 pm

Sahin had been out for about a year with injury problems. It was always going to take time for him to get back in shape and get used to the team and the league. I dont know if his heart is really in it either as its only a loan deal.
mart
LFC Super Member

Postby JC_81 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:11 pm

Are people actually still talking about Aquilani?  Why?

The lad never wanted to be here in the first place if you ask me.  Roma was his hometown club and he was happy there.  But they knew he was injury prone and when Benitez offered over 20M for him they couldn't believe their luck.  He never settled and never looked like his heart was in it.  One of our worst ever signings.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redalltheway36 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:38 pm

devaney » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:47 am wrote:
redalltheway36 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:20 am wrote:i knew this would happen. 5 million for a year for sahin. joe cole was brought in when we didnt need the useless fecker. We had a creative midfielder and we  totally fecked the situation. We could of saved millions just by giving poor Aquilani a chance. No-one since his arrival has come in even close to his ability. I said joe allen would not be creative enough. Shelvey gerrard lucas Aquilani would of been the perfect quartet. The millions we have lost to find areplacement for Aqua  is far and above what we paid for aqua but no-one mentions that.

You're forgetting one serious fundamental: Aquilani didn't settle in England and does not want to play anywhere except Italy. He also failed to impress four Liverpool managers. There was stuff going on with the lad that we will never know about. His stats for this season in Italy have been great but he has only started three games. Don't know if he has been injured because that has always been a big problem. Real shame because I really liked the lad.

Sahin has been a real disappointment and looks like RM have stuffed us yet again.

Allen is going through an awful spell and currently offers nothing. Possibly worse than Downing and Henderson at the moment. His high percentage successful pass rate does nothing for me. Most of his passes are five yards backwards or sideways. He needs to improve quickly. His early season quality break up play also seems to have disappeared.

settle my *****. he came out and said he wanted to stay but he was basically being pushed out. Kenny saw how good he was in pre-season then replaced him with henderson lol  for the same price. Then Hodgson replaced him with Cole the following year. All im saying is the money wasted on them two we might of well have kept cos there utter shi-te. And im sick of hearing he didnt want to be here that utter bollox.  A good manager would of got the best out of him or at least given him a chance.
redalltheway36
LFC Member

Postby heimdall » Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:26 pm

I think Allen, needs to be rested and to get his head right. Stevie needs to be eased out of the team, same way as Carragher, he is becoming a liability now and is by far our worst midfielder at the moment. One last point is that someoen needs to have a word with Shelvey and get the lads confidence up, he has a fantastic shot on him but seems scared to use it, the same goes to an extent for Sterling.
heimdall

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:46 pm

redalltheway36 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:38 pm wrote:
devaney » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:47 am wrote:

settle my *****. he came out and said he wanted to stay but he was basically being pushed out. Kenny saw how good he was in pre-season then replaced him with henderson lol  for the same price. Then Hodgson replaced him with Cole the following year. All im saying is the money wasted on them two we might of well have kept cos there utter shi-te. And im sick of hearing he didnt want to be here that utter bollox.  A good manager would of got the best out of him or at least given him a chance.

if Aquilani was so brilliant, why didn't AC Milan or Juventus want to buy him after their respective loans?
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion