It's about football! - A plea for sanity

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby oldredeyes » Mon Sep 15, 2003 9:25 pm

As one of the more recent members, I feel I should make a plea for everyone to get back to basics. I thought that this forum was about LFC and general topics. But some of the posts I have seen lately belong on the toilet doors in a school playgrond. Lets get back to having some serious debate about our team and the other things in our life that we want to share. This site really does have some exceptional members with great insight into the game, but I'll be honest with you I'm now finding it hard to stay on board - lets talk football........please.
oldredeyes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Mon Sep 15, 2003 10:54 pm

Cheers redeyes, thanks for replying to my post regarding: This is not the Liverpool we want to see.  You're right about the above remark though, not enough serious debate going on lately......come on people!!!!!

I haven't been hiding under a rock or anything, I haven't read any papers since the weekend, but i've just heard about ten minutes ago on You're on Sky Sports that Jamie Carragher is out for six months for which a tackle Lucas Neill will probably serve a three match ban.  Des Lynam said there was no serious leg damage on Saturday night on The Premiership, is this right?
jonnymac1979

Postby supersub » Mon Sep 15, 2003 11:06 pm

oldredeyes I'm in full agreement with you,the forum has been hijacked slightly but don't give it up.I'm sure if more members start posting football topics then even more people will join to debate the issues.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby RedSi » Tue Sep 16, 2003 9:44 am

Hear hear oldredeyes, although I'm a relatively recent poster it is clear that the site has been invaded by purile idiots with no interest in sensible, informed discussions.

I was at Ewood on Saturday, were any of you guys? I was gutted that the game was not one of the main ones on the P'ship and that the media coverage of the Carra incident, whilst justified, has completely overshadowed what was our best performance in ages. Pretty much 90 minutes of attacking football - if little Michael'd had his shooting boots on it would have been a cricket score, he missed 4 one-on-ones that I remember. It's a shame too that Diouf appears unsure infront of goal - there were 3 or 4 occassions when he cut in from the right and should have had a go himself but he kept squaring it and we squandered the chance.

Le Tallec only came on for last 10 but he looked absolute class, very assured touch and clever distribution. He looked a bigger lad than I expected too so I reckon he'd be up for the rigours of a central midfield role in the P'ship.

Igor, whilst relatively assured on the ball, appeared to have big problems judging the kicks from the Blackburn goalie. That said, I'm happy to give him a chance but a fully fit, on-form Henchoz would still be my first choice.

All-in-all I was really pleased with the performance but greatly saddened by the loss of Baros and Carra.
RedSi
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby TJAMES » Tue Sep 16, 2003 12:19 pm

I WOLD LOVE TO TALK FOOTBALL BUT NO ONE LIKES ME IT CLEAR BY MY BEST PEOPLE POLL NO ONE VOTED FOR ME THAT IS WHY IM COURSEING TROUBLE I WOULD LIKE TO BE FRIENDS WITH YOU ALL
sup ppl
TJAMES

Postby robbywood2003 » Tue Sep 16, 2003 12:20 pm

Yeah you got a point old redeyes.
Cheesecake started it by calleing Tjames and its continued ever since. Hes allways takin the p#ss so I stuck up for Tjames. But hopefully he will stop and we can all talk about how its goin be Liverpools year again(I wish!)
robbywood2003

Postby TJAMES » Tue Sep 16, 2003 12:22 pm

ROBBYWOOD IS A TIT WOBBLER LOL ONLY MESSIN
sup ppl
TJAMES

Postby gollum » Tue Sep 16, 2003 12:27 pm

hay everyone im gay i support united do you still love me
gollum

Postby robbywood2003 » Tue Sep 16, 2003 12:29 pm

No can you please leave quitley before somethin bad happens. We are here to talk about LFC not united
robbywood2003

Postby gollum » Tue Sep 16, 2003 12:30 pm

shut up rob u dick
gollum

Postby big al » Tue Sep 16, 2003 12:36 pm

Old red you make a very good point. I'm new to the site myself and was enjoying the serious debate.  Recently a few people perhaps idiots have been posting rubbish.
"Football Is the greatest democracy of all, That's providing your not Italian and pay the referee" Big al 2006
big al
LFC Elite Member

Postby robbywood2003 » Tue Sep 16, 2003 1:27 pm

I admit myself that I have been in these stupid arguments but I was not the cause. If you agree that this should stop, vote on my poll in this forum
robbywood2003

Postby cheesecakery » Tue Sep 16, 2003 1:41 pm

robbywood2003 wrote:Yeah you got a point old redeyes.
Cheesecake started it by calleing Tjames and its continued ever since. Hes allways takin the p#ss so I stuck up for Tjames. But hopefully he will stop and we can all talk about how its goin be Liverpools year again(I wish!)

Having your IT lesson today are we girls? :D
ARF ARF
cheesecakery

Postby robbywood2003 » Tue Sep 16, 2003 2:08 pm

Hey I think its best if we stop this now.
The point of the forum is to talk about football and you are just causin trouble. At least M doin suthin with my life you geek.
robbywood2003

Postby big al » Wed Sep 17, 2003 12:25 pm

Robbywood well done mate.  Blessed are the peace makers.
"Football Is the greatest democracy of all, That's providing your not Italian and pay the referee" Big al 2006
big al
LFC Elite Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion