Musical plea for justice to aid hillsborough

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby adamnbarrett » Wed Aug 22, 2007 12:30 am

Musical plea for justice to aid Hillsborough battle.
Aug 21 2007
by Mike Chapple, Liverpool Daily Post

A CAMPAIGNING Liverpool musician and his band have just released a limited edition CD to highlight the continuing fight of the Hillsborough Justice Campaign.

The 96 numbered copies of the “Justice for the 96” single by Western Promise will be auctioned to the highest bidders.

All the proceeds from the sale will go to the Hillsborough campaign group whose HQ still stands on Walton Breck Road opposite the Anfield ground of Liverpool FC.

“It might be over 18 years since Hillsborough but the commitment is just as strong to get the police and those other people responsible for what happened to admit what they did and also remind them that we haven’t gone away,” said lead singer and guitarist John McGlone from Rock Ferry.

He maintains that no-one has ever been held to account for the administrative blunders which led to the deaths of 96 Liverpool fans at the FA Cup semi-final against on Nottingham Forest on April 15 1989.

The band’s song also highlights the continuing bitterness that Kelvin McKenzie, the former editor of The Sun who sanctioned the infamous The Truth story which falsely accused Liverpool fans of urinating and stealing from the dead, has still not publicly apologised for his actions.

“We had McKenzie sticking his oar in again saying on BBC’s Question Time recently that he didn’t think what was reported was wrong which just poured petrol over everything all over again,” said the musician who prefers to be called Johnny Mac, and who was also involved in the Rock The Dock movement organising gigs by artists such as Pete Townsend and Noel Gallagher highlighting the plight of the sacked Liverpool Dockers.

“It might be a case of too little too late to get him to admit he was wrong but at least it will be something.

“A lot of people in this city still don’t buy The Sun and a lot of kids are picking up on it now thanks to the work of the Justice Campaign which is about educating people into what really happened and to never forget. Hopefully the record will give it all a bit of a bump-up.”

FOR those unable to obtain the limited edition numbered CD, which was only released yesterday and is available from the HJC shop, the song can also be downloaded athttp://www.arkade.com/artists/KATDP-music.aspx for £1.20 with donations being made to the campaign.
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby adamnbarrett » Wed Aug 22, 2007 12:31 am

foreign lads don't have an excuse, you are all able to buy it so I urge you to do so.

£1.20 that's all it is.
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby adamnbarrett » Wed Aug 22, 2007 1:26 pm

:bump
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LegBarnes » Wed Aug 22, 2007 1:28 pm

adamnbarrett wrote:foreign lads don't have an excuse, you are all able to buy it so I urge you to do so.

£1.20 that's all it is.

1.20 ? each and only 96 copies ?
LegBarnes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby MightyLFC » Wed Aug 22, 2007 1:48 pm

1.20 :S
MightyLFC

Postby adamnbarrett » Wed Aug 22, 2007 2:19 pm

LegBarnes wrote:
adamnbarrett wrote:foreign lads don't have an excuse, you are all able to buy it so I urge you to do so.

£1.20 that's all it is.

1.20 ? each and only 96 copies ?

there's 96 copies of the CD itself i.e. in a CD case.

But you can download the track for 1.20 rather than going for one of the limited edition 96 copies.

What's the big deal MightyLFC?

One pound and twenty pence that's all. All proceeds go to the HJC.
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redhayesy » Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:57 pm

thanks for the info adam i will phone gerry tomorrow in the shop, do you know
if there are any copies of the limited edition left?
but if not i will download the cd a.s.a.p please everyone join in
Let"s make a real effort to ensure the band know ther fantastic
effort in releasing the single has our full support!!!
redhayesy
LFC Super Member

Postby redhayesy » Thu Aug 23, 2007 11:45 pm

adam please pm me with an update, on this as i got no reply
from the hjc shop today, hope loads of copies have been
sold or downloaded.
redhayesy
LFC Super Member

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion