Pongolle doesnt want to come back - Enjoys spain

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby mikopool » Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:32 pm

In my eyes he is too good to be a bench bit part player, and not good enough to take Bellamy, Crouch, or Kuyt out of the squad. I was really hoping he would come back, but I am sure if I was in his position, I would be staying in spain.
" Some people say football is a matter of life and death, I don't like this attitude, I can assure them, its much more serious then that "

- Billy Shanks.

For life.
mikopool

Postby 67-1161385641 » Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:34 pm

I can see him in a Valencia or Betis shirt in a few seasons. A large team will come in for him once he has played a certain amount of games.
67-1161385641

Postby RedBlood » Wed Dec 06, 2006 11:52 pm

Im gutted about this :(
ive always rated flo, he has speed, skill, a good finnish and has heart. I feel we could have got more out of him and with the right amount of playing time could be a real star.
Same goes for LeTallec he has so much ability but unlike flo has a bad attitude.
I was very excited when we signed these to as alot of you and like i say im gutted things aint worked out
RedBlood
LFC Super Member

Postby 83-1165214211 » Thu Dec 07, 2006 6:41 am

Shame.

The lads a good footballer with alot of potential.

For me he's not far off Defoe and I would say could be a better player (but different) to Bellamy. I've always rated him and wanted to see him given a chance but it never happened.

He's technically not quite as good as Defoe and physically not quite as strong but upstairs he's less selfish and has a good appriciation of teamwork. He is excellent at holding a ball up aswell. The lads a very player and I would welcome him back with open arms.

By the time he's 25/26 I can see him being a very good player for a very good side and it wouldn't suprise me if somewhere down the line he comes back to haunt us.
83-1165214211

Postby Rafa D » Thu Dec 07, 2006 10:06 am

No, I don't agree.

Pongolle tried hard and scored a few important goals for us but he will never be a top striker. He had pace, but he lacks that killer instinct in front of goal. He did not get that many chances but when he did come on, he never looked like scoring and I am glad he won't be coming back.
Sammy Lee wears Liverpool undies
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 67-1161385641 » Thu Dec 07, 2006 10:10 am

Defoe is terrible. So if Flo Po is better that's hardly saying anything.
67-1161385641

Postby dawson99 » Thu Dec 07, 2006 10:12 am

Pongiolle was never gonna get reg footy for us so good luck to him. hes not a bad player but was never gonna be our main striker
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby azriahmad » Thu Dec 07, 2006 3:45 pm

Good luck to him, I hope we get some transfer funds if we offload him.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Babyshambles » Thu Dec 07, 2006 8:24 pm

I say let him be. He is a bit lightweight in my opinion. Scored some crucial goals. Thanks for the memories.
Babyshambles

Postby 83-1165214211 » Thu Dec 07, 2006 10:43 pm

Rafa-Dodd wrote:No, I don't agree.

Pongolle tried hard and scored a few important goals for us but he will never be a top striker. He had pace, but he lacks that killer instinct in front of goal. He did not get that many chances but when he did come on, he never looked like scoring and I am glad he won't be coming back.

I don't know how you can say that to be honest, while the lad wasn't prolific he was no Baros infront of goal either. He's a very unselfish player and creates alot chances with good play, positioning and unselfish movement.

As i said, his ability to hold up the ball aswell is superb. His skill and trickery are a joy to watch and most importantly of all for any footballer, the lad can pass a ball.
83-1165214211

Postby 83-1165214211 » Thu Dec 07, 2006 10:44 pm

CharmlessMan wrote:Defoe is terrible. So if Flo Po is better that's hardly saying anything.

Defoe's terrible?

:laugh:

Muppet alert!
83-1165214211

Postby shineshin » Sun Dec 10, 2006 6:22 am

he is a good player ~
i can see that through my eye~he has the feeling to score goal and attitute also not bad~
friendly also~and shooting skill also good can be improve but unfortunately rafa didnt need him~ :(
shineshin

Postby The Manhattan Project » Sun Dec 10, 2006 6:24 am

Recreativo Huelva

Sounds like a hotel.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Sun Dec 10, 2006 10:45 am

woof woof ! wrote:
Big Niall wrote:good luck to him.

He never got a chance for LFC for it is in the best interest of his career to get as much football as possible.

Well said    :nod

Also he may not have scored many goals with us but he did score some important ones .

Good luck to the lad , don't know why some are getting so bothered by his admission that he see's his LFC career as being over , christ sake , would some prefer he did a Diao ? (sit in the reserves,do fk all, say fk all and just suck the money   :eyebrow  )

Without FSP's contribution against Luton we wouldn't have come back in that game and wouldn't have won the FA Cup............... I think he could have been a handy fourth choice striker but Rafa loaned him out. Ok so it wasn't the best showing at Blackburn but anyone who watches football should know some players simply don't click at some clubs - we've had our fair share

I'd like to see him back if only to see how far he's come, but if he wants to stay in Spain then we'll probably have to say goodbye and goodbye to a fair proportion of what we paid for him
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby curly_whirly » Wed Dec 20, 2006 12:51 pm

ConnO'var wrote:Shame..... I for one, have always rated him as a player..... Can't really blame him for not wanting to come back and from what was posted, I can't really see anything wrong with what he said... Any footballer with pride would want to play on a regular basis and he's getting that chance now...

Why on earth would he want to come back and be 4th choice for us.... This way he gets games on a regular basis, a chance to improve himself as a footballer and increase his market value if he does well.... May not work out if he flops but at least, the lad has the nuts to give it a go instead of what the idiot Diao is doing.....

He's never given us any stick or problems when he was with us and always gave a 100% everytime he was on the field.
For that, he has my respect.

Flo, it was a pity we never got to see you at your fully matured best but thanks for the effort everytime you donned the red....
Good luck lad, and hope to see you do well in the near future...

Agreed! I'm too liked the player, and am disappointed that he see his career else where, however i don't don't blame him at all, if i were in his shoes, i wouldn't want to sit there 4th choice, even if i love the club, i would want to play regular 1st team football.

Fair play to the lad for being honest! He has scored some great goals (Betis a few years back), and even fooled the Arsenal and Pires. He's got talent, and i'm glad its working out for him!

Who knows, Rafa might have plans for him...

Anyhow, what ever happen i wish Pongo all the best!
- Curls -

*Hail Rafa - Long May He Continue!!*

Question - how can you start a topic? do you have to have posted a certain number of posts before you can submit a brand new topic? Also how do u add pictures to signatures?
curly_whirly

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion