Is anyone Concerned ?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby kazza » Tue Nov 01, 2022 9:37 pm

kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Tue Nov 01, 2022 11:08 pm

We are the 4th most expensive first 11... but that first 11 hasn't been touched since 2018. All the other teams on that list have refreshed a full 11 in that time so that's no indication of how cheap FSG have been since 2018.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby Penguins » Tue Nov 01, 2022 11:30 pm

Please, this a Liverpool forum, not the application site for Fenway sports press secretary...
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Wed Nov 02, 2022 7:58 am

Penguins » Tue Nov 01, 2022 10:30 pm wrote:

Please, this a Liverpool forum, not the application site for Fenway sports press secretary...

:)

You post anti owner stuff when we lose and you disappear when we win, tell yourself  :laugh:
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Wed Nov 02, 2022 8:25 am

UvS xR4GEx » Tue Nov 01, 2022 10:08 pm wrote:We are the 4th most expensive first 11... but that first 11 hasn't been touched since 2018. All the other teams on that list have refreshed a full 11 in that time so that's no indication of how cheap FSG have been since 2018.

Since 2018 we have bought
Allison, Keita, Fabinho, Kelleher, Tsimikas, Thiago, Jota, Konate, Elliot, Carvalho, Ramsey, Nunez. These are just the players that would be considered first team players.

Not saying the owners are doing a fantastic job, just adding balance and saying they are not that bad and can’t be blamed for our downturn in form. Klopp and the players need to shoulder the blame. Would people be complaining had we won the quadruple last year? We were only a whisker away from being the best team in HISTORY, something never done. A remarkable City comeback and a tight 1-0 loss to RM was the difference. Seems unreasonable that a whisker separates a great job from an awful job. I get fans are upset and disappointed and as I said countless times so I’m not misquoted, they could have done more but could also have been much worse. We’ve always been a working man’s club (except maybe the spice boys era) , that hasn’t changed.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Wed Nov 02, 2022 1:41 pm

Owners still at fault for everything then and it’s no surprise it’s about money being spent on players

We as a club spend every penny we make

Last season we spent £50mil net on two clearly talented players in Diaz and Konate

The season before it was £60mil net bringing Thiago , Jota and Kostas

So far this season we have brought in Nunez , Carvahlo and Ramsey - again all good players

With the club having a wage bill of 2/3rds income and we spend all the income if people want more money spent then where does the extra money come from if they want to see us spend beyond our means

The club looked at bringing in Tchoumeni in the summer but he picked Madrid , and another player was unavailable so I suspect there is money there to spend to bring in other players

So what is it exactly the owners are doing wrong now ?
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Nov 02, 2022 2:26 pm

Clear off you will ya. You offer absolutely nothing to this forum other than defence of the owners.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Wed Nov 02, 2022 2:32 pm

red till i die!! » Wed Nov 02, 2022 1:26 pm wrote:Clear off you will ya. You offer absolutely nothing to this forum other than defence of the owners.

Great standard answer

So you still think that Klopp has no involvement in players arriving

Still unable to answer where any extra money comes from
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Wed Nov 02, 2022 2:35 pm

UvS xR4GEx » Sun Oct 30, 2022 10:01 pm wrote:FSG have ultimately fooled so many supporters. They want us to believe that the expansion of Anfield would generate more money for us to be able to compete with the City's and Uniteds of the league. But the reality is the expansion is to make them more money and nothing else.

We've got Milly on 180k a week at 36 years old, I mean wtf is going on here. If your gonna give him a extension then at least offer him 60k a week, a wage of a bit part player which is what he's become.

I'm p#ssed off tbh, the owners negligence has put us in a position of no return. We need rebuilding and no way on earth are they going to put up the funds to achieve this.

Welcome to mediocrity for the next few years guys.

1. How does the stadium make them more money when they take no money out of the club

2. The club spends every penny it makes

3. Milner is not on £180k a week
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Wed Nov 02, 2022 2:37 pm

Penguins » Tue Nov 01, 2022 12:00 am wrote:
kazza » Mon Oct 31, 2022 5:22 pm wrote:While they could have done more, they could also have done less. I think apart from the net spend thing the owners are a safe pair of hands. Reg talks about the Main stand generating extra income and giving us the power to compete with City, well that is never going to happen as City are loaded. I do see the business sense in the main stand paying for the Anfield Rd stand however and long term helping us compete more, I think that is more likely the scenario.

I think net spend doesn’t tell the whole story as we have bought expensive players. We did bid 75 million for a midfielder but he chose to go to Real Madrid, along with Nunez that would have been 150million on two players, had he come our net spend would be greater along with our midfield, he didn’t though. Not sure the squad is the day to day responsibility of the owners, they just ok the big purchases. If they bid 75 on a midfielder that never came it means the money is still there.

I know I’m swimming against the tide in relation to the owners, I just feel the lack of form is less to do with them than the players themselves. We don’t need an overhaul like many are suggesting, one key midfielder and the team plays better all of a sudden. I’m ok with the owners, I’m also ok with the fan backlash just to keep them on their toes. As I said, they could do more but they could have done less. Club is in much better shape than when they came, that can’t be disputed.

What a load of tripe. Really, IF the owners had done this or that? The ONLY thing that matters is what they've done and they've spent less money than EVERTON!
And that is at a time when the club won the PL, Cl and got close again on the PL and CL. Which means the owners made great profits compared to all those other midtable teams. And they have not reinvested the money. They're like all american owners, greedy swine with one objective only.
utter horsecrap claiming they're some kind of saviours in shining armor. They made a business investment buying the club on the cheap and are going to make a huge profit when they sell while putting in minimum investment. I'm going to stop here as I'm just fuming at the utter tosh written....

Why are you comparing spending with a club that’s running at over £100mil a year losses ?

What are these “great profits” the club made ? Last accounts showed a £4mil loss

The owners have also not made any intention of selling the club
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Wed Nov 02, 2022 2:50 pm

UvS xR4GEx » Tue Nov 01, 2022 10:08 pm wrote:We are the 4th most expensive first 11... but that first 11 hasn't been touched since 2018. All the other teams on that list have refreshed a full 11 in that time so that's no indication of how cheap FSG have been since 2018.

Players that have arrived since 2018

Alisson
Keita
Fabinho
Shaqiri
Thiago
Jota
Kostas
Minamino
Diaz
Konate
Elliot
Nunez
Carvahlo
Ramsey
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby devaney » Wed Nov 02, 2022 4:16 pm

Ffs lads a few ***** results and the whinge committee suddenly forgets that we were ridiculously close to a quadruple last season. I have also said that the owners should have been more active in the transfer market after we won the CL and our first league title for 30 years. However one of the major problems has been injuries. That linked with an ageing team and out of form players has been the real problem. To suggest that the owners are just in it for the money is a little idiotic. They are businessmen what else are they going to be in it for? The club was on its absolute ***** end before FSG arrived. Yes they have made mistakes but just look at what we have been competing for and with a little more luck Klopp’s achievements would be even more impressive. Very few clubs will successfully compete with clubs backed by sovereign wealth funds. Just look at the crazy PSG Mbappe deal. Many supporters seem to think all of our success is down to Juergen. Well I’m sorry that is utter bollux !! Edwards for one did some fantastic work in the transfer market.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Wed Nov 02, 2022 5:48 pm

Dev, to state the obvious, our collective performance with year has been ***** regardless of how we did last year. Only a delusionist would deny we need a full enquiry and review of the way to turn this round.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Wed Nov 02, 2022 5:57 pm

Reg » Wed Nov 02, 2022 4:48 pm wrote:Dev, to state the obvious, our collective performance with year has been ***** regardless of how we did last year. Only a delusionist would deny we need a full enquiry and review of the way to turn this round.

Yep it’s been poor - but not because of the owners and how much the spend
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Wed Nov 02, 2022 7:52 pm

devaney » Wed Nov 02, 2022 3:16 pm wrote:Ffs lads a few ***** results and the whinge committee suddenly forgets that we were ridiculously close to a quadruple last season. I have also said that the owners should have been more active in the transfer market after we won the CL and our first league title for 30 years. However one of the major problems has been injuries. That linked with an ageing team and out of form players has been the real problem. To suggest that the owners are just in it for the money is a little idiotic. They are businessmen what else are they going to be in it for? The club was on its absolute ***** end before FSG arrived. Yes they have made mistakes but just look at what we have been competing for and with a little more luck Klopp’s achievements would be even more impressive. Very few clubs will successfully compete with clubs backed by sovereign wealth funds. Just look at the crazy PSG Mbappe deal. Many supporters seem to think all of our success is down to Juergen. Well I’m sorry that is utter bollux !! Edwards for one did some fantastic work in the transfer market.

This, all of it
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion