London monopoly - Concerned

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Jun 11, 2004 8:03 pm

My biggest nightmare scenario for the forthcoming season is that Liverpool fail to possess  more ambition than  Spurs ,and the likes of Aston Villa and a few others who are eyeing up  a coveted champions league position  ,Liverpool need to consolidate their position  by getting a new manager in place as soon as possible and then  purchasing the new players  as well as dispensing  with the old ,other teams are already building their squads now , Lets  be honest who last season would have expected the likes of Birmingham or Charlton to be in the race for fourth ,and both teams  have  hardly remained stagnant in bolstering their squads  for next season ,but the thought of Spurs  joining the monopoly of London clubs  at the top concerns me ,it may seem laughable now  but  they have the financial backing and they are already laying down the foundations for future success ,plus the pull of the Capital for big name players  that’s why its imperative we get Benitez installed now and let him implement the changes needed to progress ,Chelsea will be a force this season as will Arsenal and the mancs will not want a repeat of last season and have recruited 2 quality players already .

Liverpool next season will be hopefully evolving into a team that plays fluent flowing football ,but again it will be a season of transition  ,the time for change was imminent two seasons ago that much was obvious to every fan who witnessed their stifled displays on the field ,but why we still haven’t got our new coach in yet  coupled with this Thais  fiasco does not auger  well for the future ,come on Liverpool if patience is the key  why cant we see any doors being opened ? 
:(  :(
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Fri Jun 11, 2004 9:02 pm

The doors are open. The new manager isn't going to have a clearout this summer. That would be a mistake.

He needs to see what he's got. This club needs to build on everything good that Houllier done, all the good players that Houllier had, it doesn't need another bloody tranisitional period, what we do need is continuity.
115-1073096938

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Jun 11, 2004 11:53 pm

I suspect even you Stu  are becoming slightly concerned at the lack of activity on Liverpool’s behalf  regarding the new manager  ,but no matter who comes in be it Benitez or whoever , then  I am sure whatever  their purchases in the transfer market regardless of whose services they retain or dispense with the club will still have to endure a transitional period . Continuity  cannot be achieved with a new  manager  and backroom team and the influx of even a few new players ,contrary  to their quality would still have to be given time to adapt to  a new system

If my message seems a bit abrupt and to the point its because I am resigned to sit in and wait for my wife to return after a night out with the girls and there’s no Stella in the fridge and my teenage daughter is determined to stay up and  o d on Big Brother, HELP! I need intelligent conversation  this forum is my only method of escape
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sat Jun 12, 2004 12:01 am

Sorry abar that last post fella, i didn't finish it. It wasn't meant to be having a go. I was suporting what you was saying, just re-iterating the point that i feel we need to build on what we already have. Maybe the board feel the new manager has time to get his targets, after all, Cisse is apparently a done deal with the new mans approval, maybe this is another factor in it taking so long.

For now i'm not worried... but as you point out, its not helping matters... however.... i trust the board will get it right and will get the timing right. Lets face it, theres at least another month or so before any real activety is gonna take place with the championships.
115-1073096938

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Jun 12, 2004 12:14 am

No offence taken Stu ,I appreciate your candidness  if we all had the same views I would have no need for this forum. :D :D
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JohnBull » Sun Jun 13, 2004 12:03 pm

There will be serious financial problems for the new man and the existing staff will have to used.
The recent financial reviews have shown LFC to have grossly overvalued by Moores and Parry and if they don't link up with Morgan for the new season we  could be in trouble.
JohnBull
JohnBull
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion