Is anyone Concerned ?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Oct 29, 2022 11:20 pm

7_Kewell » Sat Oct 29, 2022 9:41 pm wrote:Serious problems. Hard truths...

Gomez- not good enough
TAA- WTF?
Thiago- luxury player we can't afford to carry
Henderson- great servant but past his best
Milner- shouldn't be anywhere near the first team
Jones- not good enough
Eliott- good prospect but should not be starting
Nunez- not a worth what we paid by a long shot

With the exception of Milner the rest will still be expected to play a big part for us next season.

Jota isn't good enough either Mate. Not as a starter anyway and is another who picks up a lot of injuries.

Already we will have to replace 3 in Milner, Ox and Keita. Realistically we need to replace Hendo and Bobby as well. We need at least 5 players before next season starts and then after that you have to be looking at Matip, Van Dijk, Thiago, Salah and fabinho. That's a rebuild but we are going to get the yellow pack version.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Penguins » Sun Oct 30, 2022 9:15 am

Americans are predictable, i'll give them that.
Never liked them, never will....
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Oct 30, 2022 6:29 pm

Ali- Good for at least another 3 years imo.

Trent- No where near as good as he or the club thinks he is. For such an experienced player to be in and out of form so much speaks volumes.

Matip- pretty much finished at this level.

Virgil- only a season behind Matip.

Robertson- excels at getting stuck in to players but lacks ability.

Henderson- Contributes nothing regardless of how much you rest him. Actually counter productive to how we want to play. One of the main reasons we are so slow moving the ball.

Thiago- spin here twist there but main problem is his fitness and its not good enough.

Elliot- Don't know what it is that the club are seeing that the fans don't. No where near ready for the amount of games he is getting.

Firmino- Flick flick flick when he just needs to get stuck in. Passing gone, pace gone and time here if it were up to me.

Nunez- Working hard but making a balls of the easy stuff. Not helped by the alarming drop in standards from the rest.

Salah- The most one dimensional player I have ever seen in my life. Making some awful choices when on the ball and squanders some amount of chances. Still he puts on a great smile!!

Jota- Not good enough for me to step up and make a position his own. Always picking up injuries to the point that he never gets going before he's gone again.

Diaz- Hard worker and his presence is missed. At this point we can say he has settled but imo he is still a headless chicken with little end product.

Carvalho- Good player but still very young to be saving our season.

Milner- Thank fook he is eventually going.

Konate- Good player but another who has probably only been available half the time since signing.

Gomez- need to make a decision here. Did we really think we can turn a 3.5 mil player into a 100 mil!!

Jones- Any day now the penny might drop that he isn't good enough.

Phillips- Only still here because they can't get what they want for him because it's too high a value and they won't budge for some silly reason.

Kostas- Decent enough but just can't seem to break klopps loyalty to Robbo.

Keita- They want to give him a new deal which is a total joke and how is that fair on Klopp.

Ox- Total waste but there was always a chance he would be. We should be running a mile from lads with injury records like his.

Melo- obviously not learned our lesson by shopping in the bargain bin section of the market. Failed at 2 clubs in weaker leagues but brought in to bolster our midfield and he is crocked. Probably in line for a transfer if we can get the price right.

We didn't suddenly arrive at this point and has been years in the making. Spending next to nothing or nothing at all on improving the squad has caught up. Now it's shock horror that we can't compete because the players can't give above 100% every week which is what made them so unbeatable in the first place. Those players we had 4 or 5 years ago suited that style but lack of signings, relying on crocks and the academy to pick up the shortfall hasn't worked. A rebuild is needed and quicker the better.

Personally I'm delighted to see the owners getting called out over this. They are great for their investors but not for the fans or team. Only interested on what they will get out after putting nothing in. The other 2 got labelled as almost ruining the club but this lot will succeed in doing exactly that. Got the club for an absolute snip and without putting anything in managed to grow the value over 10 times what they paid. Who is going to buy the club for 3 or 4 billion and not saddle us with that cost ?. Not sure Saudi pockets could even offset that cost and still put something back into the club. When the time comes they will sell to anyone who puts the money up without fear for what happens to the club. We are just another investment opportunity for them and nothing more.

When they took over not one of us thought that 12 years down the line we would be spending a poxy 15 odd million a year unless we sell our best players. I thought we would be in a position to be spending 100mil a season and be able to go toe to toe with the best clubs for the best players but no, we are signing the bare bones and when in a crisis address it with players like Caulker, That Davies lad, Kabak and Fooking Yellow Melo.

No one can convince me that Henry & Co aren't a typical American investment fund where its minimum outlay for maximum profit. That's how we have been ran since they came in.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby electrum » Sun Oct 30, 2022 8:04 pm

red till i die!! » Sun Oct 30, 2022 6:29 pm wrote:Ali- Good for at least another 3 years imo.

Trent- No where near as good as he or the club thinks he is. For such an experienced player to be in and out of form so much speaks volumes.

Matip- pretty much finished at this level.

Virgil- only a season behind Matip.

Robertson- excels at getting stuck in to players but lacks ability.

Henderson- Contributes nothing regardless of how much you rest him. Actually counter productive to how we want to play. One of the main reasons we are so slow moving the ball.

Thiago- spin here twist there but main problem is his fitness and its not good enough.

Elliot- Don't know what it is that the club are seeing that the fans don't. No where near ready for the amount of games he is getting.

Firmino- Flick flick flick when he just needs to get stuck in. Passing gone, pace gone and time here if it were up to me.

Nunez- Working hard but making a balls of the easy stuff. Not helped by the alarming drop in standards from the rest.

Salah- The most one dimensional player I have ever seen in my life. Making some awful choices when on the ball and squanders some amount of chances. Still he puts on a great smile!!

Jota- Not good enough for me to step up and make a position his own. Always picking up injuries to the point that he never gets going before he's gone again.

Diaz- Hard worker and his presence is missed. At this point we can say he has settled but imo he is still a headless chicken with little end product.

Carvalho- Good player but still very young to be saving our season.

Milner- Thank fook he is eventually going.

Konate- Good player but another who has probably only been available half the time since signing.

Gomez- need to make a decision here. Did we really think we can turn a 3.5 mil player into a 100 mil!!

Jones- Any day now the penny might drop that he isn't good enough.

Phillips- Only still here because they can't get what they want for him because it's too high a value and they won't budge for some silly reason.

Kostas- Decent enough but just can't seem to break klopps loyalty to Robbo.

Keita- They want to give him a new deal which is a total joke and how is that fair on Klopp.

Ox- Total waste but there was always a chance he would be. We should be running a mile from lads with injury records like his.

Melo- obviously not learned our lesson by shopping in the bargain bin section of the market. Failed at 2 clubs in weaker leagues but brought in to bolster our midfield and he is crocked. Probably in line for a transfer if we can get the price right.

We didn't suddenly arrive at this point and has been years in the making. Spending next to nothing or nothing at all on improving the squad has caught up. Now it's shock horror that we can't compete because the players can't give above 100% every week which is what made them so unbeatable in the first place. Those players we had 4 or 5 years ago suited that style but lack of signings, relying on crocks and the academy to pick up the shortfall hasn't worked. A rebuild is needed and quicker the better.

Personally I'm delighted to see the owners getting called out over this. They are great for their investors but not for the fans or team. Only interested on what they will get out after putting nothing in. The other 2 got labelled as almost ruining the club but this lot will succeed in doing exactly that. Got the club for an absolute snip and without putting anything in managed to grow the value over 10 times what they paid. Who is going to buy the club for 3 or 4 billion and not saddle us with that cost ?. Not sure Saudi pockets could even offset that cost and still put something back into the club. When the time comes they will sell to anyone who puts the money up without fear for what happens to the club. We are just another investment opportunity for them and nothing more.

When they took over not one of us thought that 12 years down the line we would be spending a poxy 15 odd million a year unless we sell our best players. I thought we would be in a position to be spending 100mil a season and be able to go toe to toe with the best clubs for the best players but no, we are signing the bare bones and when in a crisis address it with players like Caulker, That Davies lad, Kabak and Fooking Yellow Melo.

No one can convince me that Henry & Co aren't a typical American investment fund where its minimum outlay for maximum profit. That's how we have been ran since they came in.

Pretty much nailed it - we got to the summit and have been allowed to go tumbling down the other side. I shudder to think what happens to us once Klopp leaves. IMO if we don't make top 4 he may just walk and I wouldn't blame him as he has had to squeeze blood out of stone for the last 4 years. No real support with transfers after winning the PL is the ultimate insult to his genius.
electrum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Reg » Sun Oct 30, 2022 8:28 pm

FSG's achievement: 1 league, 1 CL, new mainstand and Anfield Road stand. We're back at square one, the squad needs a complete revamp just as it did when Klopp arrived.

Where do we go from here?
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sun Oct 30, 2022 11:01 pm

FSG have ultimately fooled so many supporters. They want us to believe that the expansion of Anfield would generate more money for us to be able to compete with the City's and Uniteds of the league. But the reality is the expansion is to make them more money and nothing else.

We've got Milly on 180k a week at 36 years old, I mean wtf is going on here. If your gonna give him a extension then at least offer him 60k a week, a wage of a bit part player which is what he's become.

I'm p#ssed off tbh, the owners negligence has put us in a position of no return. We need rebuilding and no way on earth are they going to put up the funds to achieve this.

Welcome to mediocrity for the next few years guys.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Sun Oct 30, 2022 11:35 pm

Milly's on 140 a week mate but yes, I agree your points.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Penguins » Mon Oct 31, 2022 2:59 pm

The ONLY way for the owners startegy to work somewhat is to buy young and cheap and then SELL ALL players when they approach 30 to fund new buys.
And basically nothing of the kind has happened. Within the next few years 5-10 players will leave for basically free at around the age of 35.
And then you'll need a few billions to fund a whole new team with no money. Good luck....
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Mon Oct 31, 2022 6:03 pm

Reg » Sun Oct 30, 2022 7:28 pm wrote:FSG's achievement: 1 league, 1 CL, new mainstand and Anfield Road stand. We're back at square one, the squad needs a complete revamp just as it did when Klopp arrived.

Where do we go from here?

Don’t forget a new training facility
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Mon Oct 31, 2022 6:22 pm

While they could have done more, they could also have done less. I think apart from the net spend thing the owners are a safe pair of hands. Reg talks about the Main stand generating extra income and giving us the power to compete with City, well that is never going to happen as City are loaded. I do see the business sense in the main stand paying for the Anfield Rd stand however and long term helping us compete more, I think that is more likely the scenario.

I think net spend doesn’t tell the whole story as we have bought expensive players. We did bid 75 million for a midfielder but he chose to go to Real Madrid, along with Nunez that would have been 150million on two players, had he come our net spend would be greater along with our midfield, he didn’t though. Not sure the squad is the day to day responsibility of the owners, they just ok the big purchases. If they bid 75 on a midfielder that never came it means the money is still there.

I know I’m swimming against the tide in relation to the owners, I just feel the lack of form is less to do with them than the players themselves. We don’t need an overhaul like many are suggesting, one key midfielder and the team plays better all of a sudden. I’m ok with the owners, I’m also ok with the fan backlash just to keep them on their toes. As I said, they could do more but they could have done less. Club is in much better shape than when they came, that can’t be disputed.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Mon Oct 31, 2022 6:49 pm

You're right kazza, but I think people have a problem with the owners' whole policy rather than failing to spend in this particular transfer window. Questions were being asked when we won the CL and the League, they decided NOT to improve the team from a position of strength, and we see the results of that right now.

Truth is, the owners haven't been all bad but people have a point when they say that they try to make as much money from this club for themselves as possible, even if it means sacrificing our success in the game. They're not bad but they're more akin to the owners of Arsenal and Tottenham, teams that have hardly won anything of significance in recent times, rather than those of Man City and Chelsea or even Man United. At least you could forgive the likes of Arsenal and Spurs for not spending considering they likely don't bring in as much revenue since they don't exactly compete at the very top, at least not consistently, but our owners follow their model even though we probably have higher profits than they have.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Penguins » Tue Nov 01, 2022 1:00 am

kazza » Mon Oct 31, 2022 5:22 pm wrote:While they could have done more, they could also have done less. I think apart from the net spend thing the owners are a safe pair of hands. Reg talks about the Main stand generating extra income and giving us the power to compete with City, well that is never going to happen as City are loaded. I do see the business sense in the main stand paying for the Anfield Rd stand however and long term helping us compete more, I think that is more likely the scenario.

I think net spend doesn’t tell the whole story as we have bought expensive players. We did bid 75 million for a midfielder but he chose to go to Real Madrid, along with Nunez that would have been 150million on two players, had he come our net spend would be greater along with our midfield, he didn’t though. Not sure the squad is the day to day responsibility of the owners, they just ok the big purchases. If they bid 75 on a midfielder that never came it means the money is still there.

I know I’m swimming against the tide in relation to the owners, I just feel the lack of form is less to do with them than the players themselves. We don’t need an overhaul like many are suggesting, one key midfielder and the team plays better all of a sudden. I’m ok with the owners, I’m also ok with the fan backlash just to keep them on their toes. As I said, they could do more but they could have done less. Club is in much better shape than when they came, that can’t be disputed.

What a load of tripe. Really, IF the owners had done this or that? The ONLY thing that matters is what they've done and they've spent less money than EVERTON!
And that is at a time when the club won the PL, Cl and got close again on the PL and CL. Which means the owners made great profits compared to all those other midtable teams. And they have not reinvested the money. They're like all american owners, greedy swine with one objective only.
utter horsecrap claiming they're some kind of saviours in shining armor. They made a business investment buying the club on the cheap and are going to make a huge profit when they sell while putting in minimum investment. I'm going to stop here as I'm just fuming at the utter tosh written....
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Tue Nov 01, 2022 7:37 am

Penguins » Tue Nov 01, 2022 12:00 am wrote:
kazza » Mon Oct 31, 2022 5:22 pm wrote:While they could have done more, they could also have done less. I think apart from the net spend thing the owners are a safe pair of hands. Reg talks about the Main stand generating extra income and giving us the power to compete with City, well that is never going to happen as City are loaded. I do see the business sense in the main stand paying for the Anfield Rd stand however and long term helping us compete more, I think that is more likely the scenario.

What a load of tripe. Really, IF the owners had done this or that? The ONLY thing that matters is what they've done and they've spent less money than EVERTON!
And that is at a time when the club won the PL, Cl and got close again on the PL and CL. Which means the owners made great profits compared to all those other midtable teams. And they have not reinvested the money. They're like all american owners, greedy swine with one objective only.
utter horsecrap claiming they're some kind of saviours in shining armor. They made a business investment buying the club on the cheap and are going to make a huge profit when they sell while putting in minimum investment. I'm going to stop here as I'm just fuming at the utter tosh written....

:D Well don’t fume whatever happens, life is too short

Repeat after me woosaa woosaa
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Tue Nov 01, 2022 10:41 am

Well with interest rates where they are they won't be borrowing £100 million to buy Bellingham anytime soon.
If players want to switch clubs then players, agents and clubs are going to have to be more realistic with their valuations.
Grealish for £100 million is looking a bit foolish now isn't it?
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Tue Nov 01, 2022 12:35 pm

It is what separates us from City, they can make many errors in the transfer market, we absolutely cannot. You cannot expect to be perfect always but we have to.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion