Is anyone Concerned ?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 7_Kewell » Fri Jan 06, 2023 3:38 pm

woof woof ! » Fri Jan 06, 2023 2:36 pm wrote:Is Jurgen in denial or are all of us misreading the game ?

Just watched Jurgens pre match press conference for the upcoming FA cup game v Wolves.

He is adamant that our midfield is not a problem  :ghostface:  .

I (and many others ? ) think he's blinded by his vision of a supersonic team playing a perfect game.

We are no longer "supersonic" and with ageing legs and opposition that know our game plan we are being mugged time and again.

Whatever happened to the expression "Control the midfield and you control the game" ? Surely Jurgen knows this ?

He knows it alright. But he'll never publicly throw his players under the bus.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Sat Jan 07, 2023 10:12 am

7_Kewell » Fri Jan 06, 2023 2:38 pm wrote:
woof woof ! » Fri Jan 06, 2023 2:36 pm wrote:Is Jurgen in denial or are all of us misreading the game ?

Just watched Jurgens pre match press conference for the upcoming FA cup game v Wolves.

He is adamant that our midfield is not a problem  :ghostface:  .

I (and many others ? ) think he's blinded by his vision of a supersonic team playing a perfect game.

We are no longer "supersonic" and with ageing legs and opposition that know our game plan we are being mugged time and again.

Whatever happened to the expression "Control the midfield and you control the game" ? Surely Jurgen knows this ?

He knows it alright. But he'll never publicly throw his players under the bus.

I agree with this, he can’t say the midfield is sh1t as the midfield will only get worse.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Jan 08, 2023 5:31 pm

Difficult to blame Ali or the defence when they are under constant pressure due to a dysfunction midfield.

Hendo is done and should be starting on the bench. Thiago is a luxury player who we can't accommodate anymore and also needs to be replaced.

And what's going on with Fab?
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Jan 09, 2023 12:48 am

We need to tactically change things up because at the minute it's flogging a dead horse. The players can't press anymore like they could so time to switch to a more counter attacking approach. We have the pace with Salah and Nunez to really catch teams out. Midfield need to release the ball quicker and stop the sideways stuff allowing teams to get back into position.

We need to replace most of that midfield by the end of next season starting now.

Don't think we have the money to do what is needed unless FSG sell or get that investment.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Mon Jan 09, 2023 12:45 pm

We've lost more duels than any other team in the Premier league this season. We are slow to the 2nd ball aswell. The legs have gone, we saw it after the first game this season. We needed to act quickly to keep pace with City and surprisingly Arsenal. And all of a sudden we have to act surprised that we've thrown another season away from being tight in the transfer market.

We have a window open to try and rectify our mistakes in the summer.. but we're not gonna act are we.

It's just frustrating, and it's having a effect on the players, the fans and most importantly the Manager. The morale of the whole club feels really low at the moment.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby eds » Sat Jan 14, 2023 11:49 pm

RAWK locking down half of their forum threads at the moment says all there is to know about how f**ked we are at the moment.

The tragedy in all of this is if we bought in two midfielders we could still give the CL a crack, but unfortunately we won’t because of owners. Unfortunately this season will be dire, we are talking Owl and the used car salesman’s last season dire.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Feb 04, 2023 7:07 pm

Relegation form, this. WTF is going on behind the scenes? No one is showing up and being counted. Not Fab, Mo or any of our key players.

Something is very wrong
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Sat Feb 04, 2023 8:03 pm

7_Kewell » Sat Feb 04, 2023 8:07 pm wrote:Relegation form, this. WTF is going on behind the scenes? No one is showing up and being counted. Not Fab, Mo or any of our key players.

Something is very wrong

Who cares, the money is flowing, our stocks are still high, players are getting their wages and none of those parties are here for the long term. Players will retire/move on long before we see any serious damage, owners will sell for a huge profit no matter what (only question is when and how huge), why should any of them care?
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Sat Feb 04, 2023 8:18 pm

redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sat Feb 04, 2023 9:52 pm

I'm sure Devaney will have a list full of excuses ready to support FSGs lack of investment in the team.. its a mess, and its only going to get worse. So buckle up lads.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby eds » Sat Feb 04, 2023 11:15 pm

Klopp will walk at the end of the season, I can’t see how the great man will tarnish his reputation staying with the club in this state.

You could almost make the argument that FSG have screwed us over worse that the previous pair of yanks we had. We are in relegation form at the moment and the serious lack of spending in the team has really killed off any joy we have in watching this team go through the motions each week. Criminal behaviour and I hope our supporter base can wake up before it’s too late and get these parasites to sell.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Apr 01, 2023 4:14 pm

More of the same garbage.  I can't believe how far we've fallen this season.

Last year we were in the running to win the league and Champions League. Now we are midtable dross.

I honestly don't think a summer transfer window will be enough to turn this around.
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Sun Apr 02, 2023 9:40 pm

eds » Sun Feb 05, 2023 6:15 am wrote:Klopp will walk at the end of the season, I can’t see how the great man will tarnish his reputation staying with the club in this state.

Graham Potter anyone?
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Mon Apr 03, 2023 9:19 am

Reg » Sun Apr 02, 2023 8:40 pm wrote:
eds » Sun Feb 05, 2023 6:15 am wrote:Klopp will walk at the end of the season, I can’t see how the great man will tarnish his reputation staying with the club in this state.

Graham Potter anyone?

:laugh:

I hope that is a joke
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Wed Apr 05, 2023 11:39 am

All credit to Woof for kicking off this thread 'Is Anyone Concerned' on the 21st August. A true visionary. Sadly neither Klopp nor the owners have Woof's insight!
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion