Wtf weve got 12 players on international duty

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby KennyisGod....still » Tue Feb 08, 2005 9:54 pm

Anyone notice how many players have pulled out? Am I right in thinkin if they pull out then the likes of Terry, Ferdinand, Giggs and the other 'injured' internationals wont be playin this weekend? Or am I jus bein cynical? I see Carra aint pulled out. To be honest, the Scots ain playin so this week holds no interest for me, but I'm gonna be a bit annoyed if Everton get to play Chelsea without the likes of John Terry, specially if the international curse bites us in the a$$ to play the brummies.
Stu Averill, a wannabe Scouse/Scot. I remember the good times & have faith in them comin back

Beside the Hillsborough Flame, I heard a Koppite mournin, "Why so many taken on that day?" Justice has never been done. But their memory we'll carry on. There'll be Glory Round The Fields Of Anfield Road
KennyisGod....still
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Tue Feb 08, 2005 10:34 pm

Yeah, Keane has pulled out as well.  They've been playing this game for years though, the Mancs.
jonnymac1979

Postby y cymro » Tue Feb 08, 2005 10:38 pm

Mancs are a bloody disgrace. Giggs was supposed to captain Wales on his 50th cap. It should havwe been about the 100th -  if not for mysterious injuries that clear up by the following Saturday.:angry:
y cymro

Postby Starbridge42 » Wed Feb 09, 2005 11:44 am

Well Kewell's also 1 whose been guilty of that throughout his career
I didn't like Italy, it was like living in a foreign country - Ian Rush
'In most associations half of the committee does all the work while the other half does nothing. I am pleased to report that in this football club it is the reverse.' - Liverpool Echo
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Location: The land of pixies and and elephants and little green men with purple boogers. Wow I must have eaten

Postby Ciggy » Wed Feb 09, 2005 11:45 am

Hyypia scored again last night :)
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Wed Feb 09, 2005 3:43 pm

Manu are smart. They pull their important players out of internationals (who really cares about these pointless games).
Suckers like LFC always "do the right thing" and put country before club. Redknapp always got injured at the site of a white jersey.

About time we got smart and did what manu and Chelsea do.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Wed Feb 09, 2005 3:47 pm

Sven is a kn@hhead. He needs telling about this sh!t. If ONE player comes back injured I'll be paying a visit down to the FA. stupidity.
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Wed Feb 09, 2005 3:49 pm

Lee J wrote:Sven is a kn@hhead. He needs telling about this sh!t. If ONE player comes back injured I'll be paying a visit down to the FA. stupidity.

kno'bhead  :D   :D  lol

straight to the point lee
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby FrankM » Wed Feb 09, 2005 6:41 pm

Just read elsewhere that Finland are actually playing in a tournament in Cyprus this week. They won their semi last night and play in the final tonight. So Sami is involved in two matches this week not one.

Are we fcuking mad in the head to be allowing this to happen?
FrankM

Postby the great one » Wed Feb 09, 2005 7:05 pm

After leaving Liverpool Diao and Diouf got recalled for Senegal nantional team :)
''I know Mourinho likes to tell people that he is the European champion manager but he's not now. That belongs to Benitez. '' Jamie Carragher
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 109-1105722616 » Wed Feb 09, 2005 7:07 pm

these internationals need to be played but not at the expense of the club side, i hope that they make a load of substitutions at half and rest players who are needed by their team for the remainder of the season. each premiership place is worth half a million in tele money, so the difference between finishing 10th and 12th is a quite a bit so its not just our club that suffers, sh'ite clubs do as well
109-1105722616

Postby Ciggy » Wed Feb 09, 2005 7:31 pm

the great one wrote:After leaving Liverpool Diao and Diouf got recalled for Senegal nantional team :)

Good maybe some stupid person will buy Diouf for 20 million then if he plays well :D
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby the great one » Wed Feb 09, 2005 10:42 pm

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:
the great one wrote:After leaving Liverpool Diao and Diouf got recalled for Senegal nantional team :)

Good maybe some stupid person will buy Diouf for 20 million then if he plays well :D

Then you wakeup  :D
''I know Mourinho likes to tell people that he is the European champion manager but he's not now. That belongs to Benitez. '' Jamie Carragher
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Wed Feb 09, 2005 11:03 pm

After we had two weeks off we lost two games in the Premiership meanwhile we played 3 or 4 games during the holidays we won all of them.

It's important for our players to have match fitness and international duty is one way to keep match fitness. Yes thats risking a players health but every time a footballer steps on any pitch whether its in the Premiership or his country he has a danger of getting hurt but you can't protect them all the time.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Ciggy » Wed Feb 09, 2005 11:05 pm

Carragher one of Englands man of the match played full 90 mins :angry: . Gerrard knackerd second half played 80 minutes :angry:

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion