Kewell wanted for international duty - Should not be allowed

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby drummerphil » Sat Sep 10, 2005 8:20 pm

Just taken this from the official site.

Harry Kewell appears destined for yet more time out of the Liverpool first team with Australia coach Guus Hiddink to demand his "urgent" attendance at the Socceroos' World Cup play-off double-header in November. 

The Anfield winger hasn't played for the Merseysiders since going off injured early in the Champions League final in Istanbul, and is still chasing full fitness after a summer hernia operation.

Australia's hopes of playing in Germany next year have come down to a two-legged play-off against as-yet undetermined opponents in November.

Their manner of qualification for that stage was however unimpressive - after Australia's 7-0 win on home soil in the first leg, Oceania minnows the Solomon Islands managed to restrict Hiddink's side to a 2-1 in the return clash.

And that has prompted Hiddink, also the coach of PSV Eindhoven, to stress the importance of Kewell's availibility for the November games - and the Dutchman will put in a request with Rafael Benitez soon.

"We need to get Harry Kewell fit and well as soon as possible," Hiddink said.

"It's a matter of urgency. He is the sort of player who can give us what we need to reach Germany 2006. If we play again like we did against the Solomon Islands we will have no chance of qualifying."

Hiddink is hoping to have Kewell and Newcastle's Craig Moore, fit and ready for a European training camp next month ahead of a friendly against Jamaica in London on October 9.

He added: "We must get to a much higher level. Harry and Craig Moore are very important."

Benitez, meanwhile, has denied claims of a rift with Djibril Cisse despite admitting the Frenchman was "an-gry" folllowing reports linking him with a transfer window departure.

"I don't have any problem with Djibril," he said. "Cisse knows what he has to do for us, work hard, try to score goals and stay fit and not to let other things distract him.

"I like players being angry when they're not playing."

Benitez admitted his frustration at the club's thwarted attempts to bring in a centre-back and right-winger before the deadline.

He added: "We couldn't find the right players, but because we're European champions, only certain players are good enough to play for us.

"Clubs think because we've won the Champions League we've got a lot of money. They put a £7m values on players who are no more than prospects."

considering we have waited time and time again for this guy to be fit and produce,it sounds ludricous to me if he is fit by next month,he buggers off with the oz national team and not just because of what happened with Nando last week,but  because HE OWES US  and his Liverpool career should come first.
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1120597113 » Sat Sep 10, 2005 9:05 pm

Fu.ck Kewell Phil! As far as im concerned the useless fu.cker can go to Oz and stay there!65k a weeek for nothing,always injured and when he does play he prances about the field like a nancy!!
66-1120597113

Postby BringBackTiti » Tue Sep 13, 2005 9:51 am

whats the score with harry now is he still not fit???

i thought he was nearly back with him being on the bench at the super cup
''I talk about the table. We need a leg, so I have bought a leg.'' Rafa Benitez
BringBackTiti
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mighty mo » Tue Sep 13, 2005 9:55 am

i don,t really care the guy is useless and a waste of 65 000 grand a week
mighty mo
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby BringBackTiti » Tue Sep 13, 2005 9:59 am

i know what you mean but id rather throw him on instead of the likes of potter
''I talk about the table. We need a leg, so I have bought a leg.'' Rafa Benitez
BringBackTiti
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Tue Sep 13, 2005 10:57 am

Kewell has frustrated the hell out of me as well, but at the end of the day we should be wanting him to get fit to prove us wrong.
It may never happen but we dont want him injured AGAIN sitting on the 65,000 a week so if i was rafa i would stop him going.
We pay his wages and even if he doesnt come good, we could hopefuly offload him if he is fit, if he is injured we will be stuck losing stupid money.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Tue Sep 13, 2005 11:32 am

It was only the other day he said he was gunna quit International football to save his club football

The world cup is hardly gunna miss Australia
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Tue Sep 13, 2005 11:38 am

Whats the bets that Kewell goes to play for Australia and gets injured, to be honest I don't even think about his when talking about the squad anymore.  It's not like I'm missing the lad :(
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Tue Sep 13, 2005 11:38 am

Hiddink can fu.ck off right now

Kewell needs to be told to stay put and get himself properly fit, he's not played a game yet for us and Hiddink wants him to play for the aussies?  Bollox to that

I haven't seen any quotes from Kewell saying he's going to be playing for australia in this play off, so I'll not get angry with him over this.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby YoungAdam » Tue Sep 13, 2005 11:55 am

Whats most frustrating is Kewell is actually a good player - he justn ever turns up for us.
YoungAdam

Postby flombs » Tue Sep 13, 2005 11:56 am

as an aussie, i really hope he doesnt. I would like liverpool to get the first game out of him....god we deserve it!

Oh yeah....congrats on the ashes.
"Anorexics addicted to shopping with hollow labotomised
heads". -Brazilian newspaper on British football wives.

"Long live Italy! I dont like Australia! I dont care about
the Australian team, and i dont want them to have good results!" -Chinese football commentator (Hilarious)
flombs

Postby The Ace1983 » Tue Sep 13, 2005 12:08 pm

If Kewell went away would anybody notice? Or Care?
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion