Time for a mass clear out?  too much dead wood?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Thommo's perm » Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:49 pm

kopite_1232002 wrote:We were unlucky not to win. If we play like that every week we will finish high up the table

Are you mad?
???
Thommo's perm

Postby mart » Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:23 pm

Thommo's perm wrote:
kopite_1232002 wrote:We were unlucky not to win. If we play like that every week we will finish high up the table

Are you mad?
???

Roy did his jedi mind trick on him.
mart
LFC Super Member

Postby Emerald Red » Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:48 pm

Not sure we need a mass clear out, but I know who we'd need to bring in, or at least have a good idea.

We need two wingers, a left back and a striker.

Width:

Either Marin from Bremen or Dzsudzsák from PSV or both. Either can play on both wings and wouldn't cost too much.

Forwards:

Fernando Llorente from Bilbao and possibly snub Naymar of Santos from Chelsea.

Left back:

Michel Bastos of Lyon.

Hmm, I reckon about 70 million should do it and some world class negotiations, then? Ah, well, f*ck it! We can all dream on.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Teshie » Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:17 am

Emerald Red wrote:Width:

Either Marin from Bremen or Dzsudzsák from PSV or both. Either can play on both wings and wouldn't cost too much.

Roy Hodgson: We don't play with wingers

Major issues that need to be addressed

1 - WIDTH ... known fact Roy doesn't play with 'wingers' only wide midfielders .. WRONG.

2 - DEPTH ... we defend too deep .. we let opposition teams come at us and we just pray (as fans) that our back 4 can stop them. Look at Everton / Blackpool games for example, Yakubu / Cahill were always on our centre backs pressuring them with the ball. Now compare where Torres is .. then Gerrard .. then the rest of the team, u could park a f*cking jet plane between our midfield and forward(s)

3 - Central Midfield ... both Lucas and Poulsen are dead weights with the ball, they take 2 seconds on average longer than good central midfielders to play the ball and evern when they release it it ends up too late / an interception

4 - 'wide midfielders' ... these positions are nothing positions. They're not on the wing, they're not in the middle and very easily coutered. (See Maxi / Joe cole / Jova in games ... they are almost nulled unless they drop deep)

5 - defence ... Our centre backs are slow, not good in the air and have been beaten several times this year and last year. We have been exposed by teams and it's obvious where we need to improve ASAP.

resolutions ?

1 - F*ck off Roy.

2 - Manager that will attack and play Babel on the left for 90 minutes (say what you want about him, he will hug the touchline and spread the opposition defence on the left)

3 - PRESS PRESS PRESS. Pressure teams all over the park, make sure they know they are f*cking playing LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB, not some Championship side (let's be honest it's what we've become)

4 - Buy / Use youth squad. We all know how important January will be, but in the team time give kids like Ayala a go and Kelly. how goal difference is worse than bottom feeder teams in the EPL after 9 gameweeks, something needs to change.

ARGH SO FRUSTRATED
Teshie

Postby Big Niall » Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:20 am

pepe, agger, sg and torres (when not being the pussy he is) is a solid spine. Carra is past it (no disrespect, hypia,hanson etc had their time).

Nobody else in the team is worth a :censored:. I think most of them are uselless :censored: that should be sent to siberia for being the useless spoilt pathetic selfish fags that they are.

Kuyt gives it everything so no insults for him, but he should be at a lesser club.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby THEBARON » Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:23 am

Being brutally honest I would ditch the following;

CARRAGHER - great servant, committed to the club but age is catching up with him. A difficult and contentious call.

AURELIO - injury prone,does not make sense to stick with him if he is not going to play.

KYRIAGOS - was a cheap short term fix when purchased, never going to be a long term first choice option.

SKRTEL - Hodgson seems to rate him, but I think he has gone backwards in the last 2 seasons. Increasingly prone to mistakes and rash decisions.

KONCHESKY -I hoped he would prove the doubters wrong but not impressed so far.

LUCAS - has never shown any justification for the faith Benitez put in him. Simply not good enough.

POULSEN - no presence or positive impact since he came. Playing him and Lucas does not work.

MAXI -had high hopes when he arrived but a major disappointment. Negligible impact this season.

JOVANOVIC - came on a free transfer and with that memories of Voronin. OK start but increasingly peripheral and ineffective.

BABEL - again high hopes when he arrived but in 4 years he has failed to establish himself. Some impact as a sub in a few games but plenty more where he has done :censored: all.

KUYT - great attitude and work rate, on the debit side poor first touch, erratic distribution and wayward finishing.

The following I would keep 100%;

REINA  - top class keeper, would be difficult to replace

AGGER - our best passer in defence, confident in coming forward.

MEIRELES - quiet start so far, but in a poor team. Should come good.

GERRARD - wrong side of 30 now but still our best player. Will be a huge void to cover when he goes.

COLE - a mixed start to his career but his class and experience will tell.

TORRES - struggling at the moment but a world class player who has done the business in the past and will do again. Needs a quality strike partner.

The jury is still out on..

JOHNSON - an excellent attacking full back but doubts over defensive abilities and fitness.

NGOG - thought he was :censored: at first but has impressed me this season.

With regards to the likes of Pacecho, Spearing and Kelly I think it is unfair to be be judging them as they have had limited opportunity.
THEBARON

Postby killerp » Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:02 am

Madmax wrote:Start off with the manager and throw in babel, poulsen and lucas!

Than slowly we will buy better players!!

I would prefer a top manager to use the january funds rather than roy wasting them on shyte!

I agree with Madmax, spend your money on a top quality manager then you can talk about which players can go.

But I personally would like Lucas, Ngog, Babel, Maxi, Insua, Aurelio, Kyrgiakos & Poulsen to all go back in the bargin bin from which they came.

Need to also scrap the youth system & rebuild from the ground up.
killerp

Postby LFC2007 » Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:21 am

You can get away with one or two numpties in the first eleven, but over the past two or three seasons their number has grown and it's massively undermining the base of a good team. Your Lucas's, Poulsens, Koncheskeys, Skrtels, Maxis, Ngogs, Babels, and Jovanovics shouldn't be anywhere near our club. Of the others, Kuyt is a seriously questionable, as are the two dinosaurs in defence Kyrgiakos and Carra, while Agger and Johnson have obvious ability, still have a lot to prove. I believe Joe Cole, Meireles, and potentially Aquilani (I don't think he had a fair crack) have enough quality to play an important part in our future, but like the other two still have a lot to do to live up to their reputations. Reina, Gerrard and Torres have proven themselves many times over, but both Gerrard and particularly Torres look to have lost a good part of their explosive pace/agility. A lot of work to do.
LFC2007

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:42 am

cardiff-red wrote:I think everyone has varying opinions on who is good enough and who isnt, if there isnt a time for a large clear out in january there will surely be one in the summer

I thought it would be an interesting debate to see who we can agree should stay or go

for me...

Keep

Reina
Carragher
Torres
Gerrard
Johnson
Konchesky
Agger
Skirtel
Kyriakos
Kuyt
Shelvey
Cole

and To Go...

Hodgson (?)
Lucas - not good enough
Babel - not good enough
Ngog - not good enough
Jovanovich - not good enough
Poulson - past his best
Maxi - not good enough
Aquilani - too light weight
Spearing - not good enough

Mass investment needed, possible targets who could make a difference

Shweinsteiger
Sneider
LLorente
Lassana Diarra
Adam Johnson (sadly cant see citeh letting go of anyone)
Luis Suarez

Lets discuss

Now is still Oct ... The only person that we can change is the Manager ...

I think we have a good team but it the manager like to play "long ball" and also likes to play Lucas ...

Hire a better manager then it's clear to see who is that need to sell ...
LiverpoolMadman

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion