taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Wed Jun 30, 2004 1:22 pm

taff wrote:Simon Davies Tottenham

yeah. like he's in the class that we need.  :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby taff » Wed Jun 30, 2004 1:48 pm

Young dynamic midfielder good crosser great engine Im serious mate. always done well for Wales and before you laugh I know were only a small nation but he has done the business in competitive games against decent sides.

We need speed on the flanks and good workers to take the pressure off SG in the middle.

I stand by my comments just watch him for Spurs next season as he matures

:p
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Gareth G » Wed Jun 30, 2004 2:49 pm

I suspected you we're Welsh, you would have to be to like Davies. He's certainly not a bad player, but he's nowhere near the standard required to play for Liverpool, a club like Spurs is where he's at home.

Also, i know everyone has answered the post in the way they were supposed to, but i get a little dream team vibe going on with some people!

Realsitic target's would be the likes of Lahm, Ballack and the host of Spanish player's named in previous post's. As someone said, i would also loved to see Nedved at Anfield, but's it's highly unlikely we could persuade him to come. He love's Juventus too much and has previously turned down big move's to other big club's.
Last edited by Gareth G on Wed Jun 30, 2004 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gareth G
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby taff » Wed Jun 30, 2004 3:07 pm

Better than Hargreaves mate and as a right back would give speed and support to the flanks. Liverpool havent had any decent links there since Rob Jones and Macca.

I still stand by my comment  :p

I reckon Ballack would be superb with SG giving a different dimension in the air as well.

If it was fantasy land Id love to see Denilson from Betis as he has that samba razzamatazz that could set Anfield alight

But priority for me is a world class central defender with pace so the midfield can afford to be more adventurous. A speedy partner for Hypia.  Aiyala maybe although not that speedy!!
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Wed Jun 30, 2004 3:23 pm

akumaface wrote:I'm not sure I will start Finnan at Right back if I'm Benitez. I love Jaime Garragher but not sure if he fits Benitez style but JG should be a super sub when it comes to all 4 defense position. So, I think we need to get a right footed Ashley Cole kind of right back so that both the attack would have more option. Do anyone have any suggestion on the right back? :cool:

Jamie Garragher also known as JG hey.

Obviously you are a proper fan.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bpm1976 » Wed Jun 30, 2004 5:52 pm

Ayala is solid at the back, think he was linked with us at the beginning of last season. Aimar would be an excellent attacking option, one for u here young Johnson from Chelsea, not sure if they would sell, but him but after paying 13 million for the lad from Porto he may fancy a move.
Attachments

[The extension has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

bpm1976

Postby JBG » Wed Jun 30, 2004 6:19 pm

I'll guarantee that Benetiz will sign a couple of players from mid table La Liga sides that no Liverpool fan has ever heard of before.

That's not necessarily a bad thing either.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Jun 30, 2004 6:27 pm

What about Mustapha Rubb ? . The guys a legend.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Gareth G » Wed Jun 30, 2004 6:34 pm

taff wrote:Better than Hargreaves mate and as a right back would give speed and support to the flanks.

I personally think Hargreaves isn't that good of a player either and probably would rather have Davies, but still not good enough quality and as i said, he's right at home with mid-table team's.

I also think Ayala would be a great partnership with Hyypia, i think Ayala has good enough pace! I also asked in another post what had happened to Mexes, but i never got any answer's, can anyone here shed any light on that?

Im also hoping Liverpool go for Phillipe Lahm to strenghten up at the back, he's very pacey, agile and isn't afraid to move forward quickly. This would garantee good back-up from the likes of Riise and Carragher.

I am just going to sit tight and wait to see who Benitez bring's in, he knows what he's doing and will serve the club well, we have a very promising season to look forward to.
Gareth G
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bpm1976 » Wed Jun 30, 2004 6:55 pm

Im sure Mexes signed for Roma, rejecting approaches from the Mancs and Chelski.
Attachments

[The extension has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

bpm1976

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion