Im not a jealous type but

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby ElNino9 » Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:17 am

I know but you must agree we still need more quality in most areas of the team. what happens if Torres gets injured? We have to use N'Gog or Babel! Nothing near the strength in depth United have.
ElNino9

Postby Roger Red Hat » Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:43 pm

city are going to acheive FUK ALL my pedigree chums. they'll have another sh1tty season where they start well enough but then slump into where they belong...    about 7th. Watch all the poncey mega earners start looking to go elsewhere then.
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ian Rush's Right foot » Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:35 pm

all Summer Long i've been banging the drum for Tuncay, he'll be cheap, effective and won't be p!ssed at having to sit on the bench when Torres is fit
Last edited by Ian Rush's Right foot on Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

....I'm the bee's knee, his legs and his arms.....
Ian Rush's Right foot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Madmax » Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:38 pm

Lee J wrote:city are going to acheive FUK ALL my pedigree chums. they'll have another sh1tty season where they start well enough but then slump into where they belong...    about 7th. Watch all the poncey mega earners start looking to go elsewhere then.

could see tevez fecking off somewhere awel.. I think they will win the league cup and thats about it! They will play like they did last season win matches really well and yet lose some. I think they will finnish 5th! Will be a decent season.
Madmax
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:11 pm

Still, it'd be nice to have alllllll that money to buy whoever we a) liked, or b) knew would play the Anfield way, wouldn't it ?
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby ElNino9 » Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:19 pm

Madmax wrote:
Lee J wrote:city are going to acheive FUK ALL my pedigree chums. they'll have another sh1tty season where they start well enough but then slump into where they belong...    about 7th. Watch all the poncey mega earners start looking to go elsewhere then.

could see tevez fecking off somewhere awel.. I think they will win the league cup and thats about it! They will play like they did last season win matches really well and yet lose some. I think they will finnish 5th! Will be a decent season.

Id take the league cup
ElNino9

Postby Emerald Red » Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:35 am

I'm jealous of all that dust city have in their cabinate too. I'm jealous too that they are spending on a bunch of missfits to form a ragtag squad of some random quality and mostly sh*te. The c*nts might as well be buying lucky dips. They'll do f*ck all. Mark Hughs is a spanner in a bag of tools.
Last edited by Emerald Red on Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby roberto green » Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:42 am

I'm not jealous what so ever,In fact I think they are an embarrassment and they have far to many ego's Adebeyor,Robinho,Tevez And Bellamy I don't think any will be happy to sit on the bench.

Money doesn't buy anything.Chelsea were really lucky when they had there investment because they had a good manager at the time in Mourinho who was deeply respected by the players so with Mark Hughes I don't think half the players have ever heard of him.

So am I jealous :censored: no.

Watch the circus act and enjoy,There is no need to worry my friends

:D
roberto green

Postby bigmick » Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:13 am

roberto green wrote:Watch the circus act and enjoy,There is no need to worry my friends

There might be if they sign Lescott and Terry. It doesn't necessarily mean they'll win the league, but they are already strong enough to be a significant factor I think in terms of being potential top four team. If they get those two, then they really ought to be able to get in amongst it at the very least I think.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GOAT » Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:18 am

roberto green wrote:I'm not jealous what so ever,In fact I think they are an embarrassment and they have far to many ego's Adebeyor,Robinho,Tevez And Bellamy I don't think any will be happy to sit on the bench.

Money doesn't buy anything.Chelsea were really lucky when they had there investment because they had a good manager at the time in Mourinho who was deeply respected by the players so with Mark Hughes I don't think half the players have ever heard of him.

So am I jealous :censored: no.

Watch the circus act and enjoy,There is no need to worry my friends

Well city could easily get a good manager in, chelsea had ranieri when the russian first bought them, they spent tons and finished 2nd, in the semis of the cl, then a good manager mourinho comes in and they win the league with a few well thought out signings

So yeah I'm pretty worried

They'll keep spending big until they get where they want to be and it surely has to happen eventually. If they make the CL then more big players may want to join them but if they don't make it then I'm sure they can find plenty more mercenaries to buy until they get there

I'm not going to kid myself by saying la la la no everythings fine city will fail
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby stmichael » Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:23 am

Just going back to the issue of firepower it's a really difficult one because if we're going to play one upfront again you've got to bring somebody in who would be willing to not be first choice.

I suppose that raises the question of hould we change to two or three up front? Personally I'd have no problem with us playing a 4-3-3 formation, especially if we could sign somebody who could play anywhere across the front three positions. The problem is, we have seen with Keane, a man almost everyone thought would be perfect for the role fail and I'm quite frankly struggling to think of anyone out there who could play that role and be considered value for money.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby LFC2007 » Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:37 am

Caught the last 20min's of the Shamrock - Madrid game the other night, Van der Vaart looking very neat indeed. Reminded me of how good he is, a very crafty player. He should under serious consideration firstly because he wouldn't cost an arm & leg, second because he could fill three positions - out wide, second forward or CM. I'd love to see him to join.
LFC2007

Postby Kharhaz » Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:50 am

City are not a threat. Yes they have a vast amount of money, and yes they are spending millions, but look at the players they have signed and ask yourself, would you pay that amount for that player? Look at the cost of Bellamy. Foolish amount. City have millions to spend but lets look at the facts, Hughes will be sacked, its not a question of "if" but "when". He is after players like Terry and Lescott. He wont get Terry, not until City are in the champs league and can offer what Chelsea offer. If Lescott get permission, yeah he will be there in a shot. Money talks.

Once a fortune has been spent City will be on the same level, talent wise, as Arsenal, Liverpool, Man Utd and Chelsea.  The difference being, Man Utd, Arsenal and Liverpool have history and experience. City dont. Look at how the wheels have come off at Chelsea since Mourinho left. All the money in the world doesnt guarantee success, it just gives you a better chance. Am I worried by City? Nah, more money than sense. And that will be the end of Hughes. All this season is going to prove is that Hughes isnt up to the job in hand, and can look forward to whatever new manager comes in and guides them to a UEFA cup place.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:27 am

I don't think Chelsea are the best example of a side spending big, big money in a short space of time before going t!ts up, because in fact the exact opposite happened. They're now firmly established title contenders.

City will need longer than Chelsea if they're ever to achieve anything like the same degree of success because their starting point as a club - in terms of experience in challenging for the top prizes - is much below that of 2003 Chelsea. That and the fact they don't seem to have thought the whole thing through well enough - their squad is enormous; accommodating 7,8,9 strikers, at least five of whom will probably demand regular first-team football, will prove difficult (as it would to any manager). Who plays in their midfield, who sits on the bench - there's about six or seven of them too. It's all a bit disjointed really, lots and lots of players, lots of good ones too, but that's not much good if they aren't the right ones and can't strike the right balance in a well-drilled system. I still think they'll need time to cut their squad size down, find a system that suits them before going on to gain experience in challenging toward the higher echelons of the league. Then you've a platform like Chelsea had in '03. Ideally I think they'd need a new manager too if they're really serious about it. Hughes would eventually break the top four, but I don't think he'd push on, indeed there's a good chance he won't be afforded the time by the owners (Hughes may get the top four and that'd lure big name managers, which could then mean 'bye bye' Hughes).
LFC2007

Postby bigmick » Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:34 am

If Mourinho goes there look out.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion