Hello fella's. long time no type! - Looking foward to sunday?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Pompey » Fri May 05, 2006 1:01 pm

Well, it's been a long time since we last spoke hasn't it! People were saying we're going down, but once again pompey have proved everyone wrong since November (when i last came here).

Regarding Sunday's match, i personally believe it'll be a draw. A very good 'Pool side still on show even without a few key players, and an in form Pompey side who'll want to give their fans a nice send off to the season after a hard, tough season, it's got a draw written all over it i think.

In respect to both of our campaigns, i think you've made some good progress over the last year under Rafa, and you still, maybe, can finish 2nd, though unlikely it is. I however, might put a nice bet on the 'Pool winning the title next term, you've become a very very good side, if you buy a proven striker, then   a nice £20 will be put on you, as i believe you've a great chance next season.

Our season, well, it's been an up and down campaign, with an average away following this year of about 2800 with followings of the last 5 away games of 4,000, the fans haven't been getting their money's worth, but of late i must confess we have. Some good performances and good signings have kept us up, where we the fans, think we belong. Next season will be interesting, in the local paper it has commented on us being given a £50 million warchest, and d'allesandro as the first signing. So, all looks good, hopefully at the very least with the future signings, i hope for a top 10 finish. But as we know, nothing is ever simple with pompey.

So yes, that is all. Looking foward to a great match Sunday with some quality players on show. I hope you get 2nd place instead of manure, because regardless of the result, we'll be celebrating on the pitch i'm sure. I heard you're bringing about 2,000 down, good support as that's all you're allocated i'm led to believe.

Au revoir, i will be back rather shortly, I have to go down the betting shop, place a nice £10 on bristol rovers to beat macclesfield at evs, and huddersfield to beat swindon at 6/4, £40 profit hopefully, so it's all good  :D.

PLAY UP POMPEY "WHO NICKED MY STEREO 'POOL, YOU NICKED MY STEREO"   :laugh:
Pompey

Postby Mark 23 » Fri May 05, 2006 2:30 pm

To be fair, Portsmouth weren't one of the sides I wanted to go down.  I have a bit of a soft spot for them, but I can see us beating them 2-0.
Mark 23

Postby stmichael » Fri May 05, 2006 2:47 pm

Pompey wrote:Well, it's been a long time since we last spoke hasn't it! People were saying we're going down, but once again pompey have proved everyone wrong since November (when i last came here).

Regarding Sunday's match, i personally believe it'll be a draw. A very good 'Pool side still on show even without a few key players, and an in form Pompey side who'll want to give their fans a nice send off to the season after a hard, tough season, it's got a draw written all over it i think.

In respect to both of our campaigns, i think you've made some good progress over the last year under Rafa, and you still, maybe, can finish 2nd, though unlikely it is. I however, might put a nice bet on the 'Pool winning the title next term, you've become a very very good side, if you buy a proven striker, then   a nice £20 will be put on you, as i believe you've a great chance next season.

Our season, well, it's been an up and down campaign, with an average away following this year of about 2800 with followings of the last 5 away games of 4,000, the fans haven't been getting their money's worth, but of late i must confess we have. Some good performances and good signings have kept us up, where we the fans, think we belong. Next season will be interesting, in the local paper it has commented on us being given a £50 million warchest, and d'allesandro as the first signing. So, all looks good, hopefully at the very least with the future signings, i hope for a top 10 finish. But as we know, nothing is ever simple with pompey.

So yes, that is all. Looking foward to a great match Sunday with some quality players on show. I hope you get 2nd place instead of manure, because regardless of the result, we'll be celebrating on the pitch i'm sure. I heard you're bringing about 2,000 down, good support as that's all you're allocated i'm led to believe.

Au revoir, i will be back rather shortly, I have to go down the betting shop, place a nice £10 on bristol rovers to beat macclesfield at evs, and huddersfield to beat swindon at 6/4, £40 profit hopefully, so it's all good  :D.

PLAY UP POMPEY "WHO NICKED MY STEREO 'POOL, YOU NICKED MY STEREO"   :laugh:

it's times like this that i wish drummerphil was here. :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Pompey » Sat May 06, 2006 6:23 pm

Harry Has Just Said
On The Local Radio
That He And The Players
Are Going All Out For
A Win Tomorrow To
End The Season On
A High. So boys
do not expect a easy
ride tomorrow because
you're facing a very good
in form side who will
be top 6 next season
with the investment.

PLAY
UP
POMPEY
Pompey

Postby The Ace1983 » Sat May 06, 2006 6:28 pm

DO THE SAILORS KNOW YOU'RE HERE!?!
:D :laugh:
Last edited by The Ace1983 on Sat May 06, 2006 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 48-1119859832 » Sat May 06, 2006 6:32 pm

Anyone who under-estimates you lot are fools, I like your club too, which is saying something, coz there's not many clubs I do like. I expect a tough match tomorrow, I come to expect nothing less from Portsmouth. Fratton Park is your fortress and you've been playing top four football lately and that's been shown in your top four performances and a winning streak that is what a top four club would achieve.

It will be tough match between both sets of players and it should be a thrilling encounter, I'd expect us to field our usual 11, therefore winning 2-1.

Good luck for next season; oh and make sure you hold on to Arry Redknapp this time.
48-1119859832

Postby RichardLFC1 » Sat May 06, 2006 6:36 pm

li dont think i was here last time u was here! so hello but i personally believe were gonna do the treble over you

RIP DRUMMERPHIL
RichardLFC1
LFC Super Member

Postby Pompey » Sat May 06, 2006 6:39 pm

Thanks guys, we all know
the reality that tomorrow
will probably be a draw,
which is not good enough
for a club of Liverpool's
size.

It's going to be party
day so i can't wait
win lose or draw, Liverpool
always bring loads down
which is why i also like
and respect your huge
club.

BEST OF LUCK

PLAY UP POMPEY
Pompey

Postby dawson99 » Sat May 06, 2006 6:45 pm

none of your poems rhyme dude
im sorry if i do sound rude
your teams ok, but we have class
and tomorrow we will kick your...butts
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 48-1119859832 » Sat May 06, 2006 6:53 pm

Dawson, I'd hate to break it you but poems do not have to rhyme, btw neither does yours. :laugh:
48-1119859832

Postby dawson99 » Sat May 06, 2006 6:55 pm

poems do have to rhyme! lol
no i just thought his were poems by the spacing.. and yes, mine would rhyme but i wrote butt instead :D

just in one of them crazy moods. looking forward to tomorrow and next week and getting drunk tonite.
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Pompey » Sat May 06, 2006 6:59 pm

Poems do not
have to rhyme
my friend
because it is not
called a rhyme it's
called a poem
which means words
that fit together
and do not have to rhyme
neccasarily.

But in addition,
that was a good poem dawson,
you are a very intelligent lad,
i cudn't have thought of that.
Pompey

Postby dawson99 » Sat May 06, 2006 7:01 pm

lol, and i was just about to be nice about your team :D

i do respect harry, did at west ham, do now. i know the southampton saga cant have been good but hes come up trumps. Think jamie will ever go that route or think he'll stay on telly?

as for the game tomorrow, i think it'll be a happy affair and very open but i think we'll win

congrats on staying up tho
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Ace1983 » Sat May 06, 2006 7:04 pm

Harry Redknapp was on the south coast
His son Jamie had started to boast
He'd played for the 'pool
Which was too cool for school
While Harry's Southampton were toast

So Harry got up and ran back
To Pompey where Perrin was sacked
He brought in some players
And then said his prayers
And suddenly things weren't so black

So Harry avoided the drop
But he's still along way from the top
Along come the Reds
With Crouchie's high head
Who score a few more for the Kop

Rafa's men head off to glory
By creating a magical story
As Harry's old club
Get a bit of a drub
And the Hammer's will look battered and gory

So put your hands up for the Reds
When they put the Irons to bed
With Stevie and Sami
And Carra and Xabi
We've got ideas of the Prem in our heads

(that's how it's done) :D
Last edited by The Ace1983 on Sat May 06, 2006 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Morth » Sat May 06, 2006 7:10 pm

This thread has all the lyrical glory of a half eaten donut basking in soya sauce.
Why does Sea World have a seafood restaurant?
I'm half way through my FISH burger and I realize, Oh my God...
I could be eating a slow learner!

http://www.kopites.net  -  Regularly updated LFC clips and pictures.
Morth

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion