I'm a very angry man - Liverpool fc r.i.p

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby JBG » Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:34 am

I'm not a happy chappy at the moment. Havent been for a long time now. In fact, going back to Rafa's news conference before the Newcastle away match three years ago ("as always I will continue to focus on coaching the team") I've not been a happy camper as a Liverpool fan. That was the first real indication that there was something fundamentally broken at our club and that we werent in Kansas no more.

Lets be clear here: Liverpool FC, the great sporting institution we all love and treasure, is long dead. It died a death of a thousand cuts starting back in early 2007 when those shower of :censored: :censored: took over.

At times the entity we saw before us looked a bit like our beloved club. It got our hopes briefly up with some exciting times in the 08/09 season, but just because it walked and talked a little like Liverpool FC didnt necessarily mean that it was Liverpool FC. No, instead it was a fake, a sham I call Kop Holdings Ltd.

It'll continue to be Kop Holdings Ltd for the foreseeable future as far as I can see. I have an awful feeling that Hicks will wriggle out of the current situation and manage to assume sole control of the club.

The only solution as far as I can see is for the fans to precipitate a crisis. Sometimes the baby has to be thrown out with the bath water. In Houllier's time the fans lost faith in him and home crowds started to dwindle. I think I remember it said that when we got something like 32,000 for a home league game on a Saturday David Moores finally decided that enough was enough.

We need more of the same now. Fans should stop going to the games and stop supporting the team. It isnt Liverpool FC anyway, its an abomination called Kop Holdings.

Maybe I'm not thinking straight and maybe I'm being extreme but I've stopped supporting the current side. It isnt Liverpool. My hope is that an absolute disaster on and off the field will force the Yanks to lower their ridiculous asking price and walk away.

We play Everton next up and I'm hoping the bitters do us a rare favour and help us put ourselves out of our misery.

Immolution by fire and then a resurrection afterwards.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby dawson99 » Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:35 am

JBG wrote:I'm not a happy chappy at the moment. Havent been for a long time now. In fact, going back to Rafa's news conference before the Newcastle away match three years ago ("as always I will continue to focus on coaching the team") I've not been a happy camper as a Liverpool fan. That was the first real indication that there was something fundamentally broken at our club and that we werent in Kansas no more.

Lets be clear here: Liverpool FC, the great sporting institution we all love and treasure, is long dead. It died a death of a thousand cuts starting back in early 2007 when those shower of :censored: :censored: took over.

At times the entity we saw before us looked a bit like our beloved club. It got our hopes briefly up with some exciting times in the 08/09 season, but just because it walked and talked a little like Liverpool FC didnt necessarily mean that it was Liverpool FC. No, instead it was a fake, a sham I call Kop Holdings Ltd.

It'll continue to be Kop Holdings Ltd for the foreseeable future as far as I can see. I have an awful feeling that Hicks will wriggle out of the current situation and manage to assume sole control of the club.

The only solution as far as I can see is for the fans to precipitate a crisis. Sometimes the baby has to be thrown out with the bath water. In Houllier's time the fans lost faith in him and home crowds started to dwindle. I think I remember it said that when we got something like 32,000 for a home league game on a Saturday David Moores finally decided that enough was enough.

We need more of the same now. Fans should stop going to the games and stop supporting the team. It isnt Liverpool FC anyway, its an abomination called Kop Holdings.

Maybe I'm not thinking straight and maybe I'm being extreme but I've stopped supporting the current side. It isnt Liverpool. My hope is that an absolute disaster on and off the field will force the Yanks to lower their ridiculous asking price and walk away.

We play Everton next up and I'm hoping the bitters do us a rare favour and help us put ourselves out of our misery.

Immolution by fire and then a resurrection afterwards.

:bowdown

I love you man, perfectly put.
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:37 am

Deep man deep :bowdown
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Raven » Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:37 am

+1 Cant say anymore than that.
The Raven

Postby JBG » Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:41 am

Power to the people. Stop supporting Kop Holdings. Vote with your wallets. Dont go the game, dont watch the game on telly, dont buy merchandise.

Its :censored: like Hicks and Gillett and their leaveraged buy outs that :censored: up the entire world economy. :censored: going on spending sprees with banks' money, monopoly money that neither the banks nor the owners had. Its the same everywhere, be it property developers, speculators, what have you.

Ordinary people all over the world are suffering, be it Iceland, Greece, Latvia, Ireland. Britain faces enormous spending cuts next budget, and its because of :censored: of the same calibre as Gillet and Hicks. :censored: having a punt with other people's money, losing it all yet walking away unscathed, leaving ordinary decent people left to pick up the tab.

Stop going the game and stop supporting these :censored:.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Roger Red Hat » Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:42 am

:Oo:  let me get this straight, you want Everton to pagger us? This time next week we could be sat at the very foot of the table, waiting for the administrators to lump us with a 10 points penalty...     and you want us to lose to Everton?
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:46 am

Lee J wrote: :Oo:  let me get this straight, you want Everton to pagger us? This time next week we could be sat at the very foot of the table, waiting for the administrators to lump us with a 10 points penalty...     and you want us to lose to Everton?

Its not "us" no more Lee. I'm not exactly looking to be popular here, but sometimes you need to go backwards to go forwards.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby tubby » Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:47 am

Spot on JBG. But it must surely be the most difficult thing to get no fans at all to go to games. The next game is the derby as well.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Raven » Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:47 am

Lee J wrote::Oo:  let me get this straight, you want Everton to pagger us? This time next week we could be sat at the very foot of the table, waiting for the administrators to lump us with a 10 points penalty...     and you want us to lose to Everton?

Matters not what we want, they will hammer us into the middle of next week.

If it happens i wont be bothered, just speeds the sale IMO, If the banks take us over and we get 10 points off also good. We will stay up and start again next season.

Im not buying anything Hicks is selling, i wont go to the games i wont buy a shirt. Im not being part of that cancers wages end of. If LFC is to suffer to rid ourselves of it then so be it.
The Raven

Postby dawson99 » Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:55 am

we need a blanket stop on the next home game. thats the only way to go i think. we need to sort ourselves out so WHOEVER is manager gets a fair go at it
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:01 am

bavlondon wrote:The next game is the derby as well.

I'm dreading it. I never thought I'd see the day when I fear playing that lot.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Redman in wales » Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:02 am

bavlondon wrote:Spot on JBG. But it must surely be the most difficult thing to get no fans at all to go to games. The next game is the derby as well.

thats the thing. it'll be inpossible. I'm okay casue I'm an occasionist - I get to about 3 games a season - October would usually see the first of my trips up, but I wont this year, not at the moment. But even if all the scouse faithful boycotted the game, you'd still get the day-trippers, and even the groups from the european supporters assoc.

Last season I sat behind 12 lads/lasses in annie road who were all members of the Swiss LFC fan club, all come across for the game. It was a treat for them, but on any given game, they'll always be fans in the home end. - be it people from liverpool, elsewhere in the uk, or abroad
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:11 am

Redman in wales wrote:
bavlondon wrote:Spot on JBG. But it must surely be the most difficult thing to get no fans at all to go to games. The next game is the derby as well.

thats the thing. it'll be inpossible. I'm okay casue I'm an occasionist - I get to about 3 games a season - October would usually see the first of my trips up, but I wont this year, not at the moment. But even if all the scouse faithful boycotted the game, you'd still get the day-trippers, and even the groups from the european supporters assoc.

Last season I sat behind 12 lads/lasses in annie road who were all members of the Swiss LFC fan club, all come across for the game. It was a treat for them, but on any given game, they'll always be fans in the home end. - be it people from liverpool, elsewhere in the uk, or abroad

Its happened before. Attendences dropped a lot in the last days of Houllier's reign. Back then there wasnt an organised protest, just people being fed up.

Even 5,000 less at home games would make a massive difference. The :censored: are in the red big time as it is, a few thousand less bums on seats would hurt them in the pocket. That and mass protest by the fans who attend the game, such as booing, slow chanting, sit ins and egging the pitch.

The bigger the mess we are on and off the pitch the harder it will be for H&G to get the asking price they want, ultimately meaning they will have to lower it.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby dundreamin » Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:14 am

I,ve been advocating the boycott for weeks now,and started my own last season. I put this to SOS which i,am a member but it was turned down. So people if you agree with a boycott urge your friends and family to do like wise. Like JGB said were not LFC anymore,were kop holdings,great post BTW. Let's get rid of this cancer and see the return of the REAL LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB YNWA
dundreamin
LFC Super Member

Location: skelmersdale. Land of the roundabouts and utter boredom

Postby tubby » Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:20 am

Then people need to start putting the word out on twitter or wherever in addition to whats already out there.

With the fight against Hicks too they need to combine these messages otherwise there are too many different messages being put across. Say no to Hicks and Gilette, boycott games and merchandise.
Last edited by tubby on Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion