Angry, angry, angry! - Post your anger here!

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby anfieldadorer » Sun Jan 02, 2005 10:15 am

railey is the fcukin scum, referee association should bring an action on him :angry: :angry: :angry:

lfctv
Jamie Carragher said he couldn't believe why referee Mike Riley didn't give Liverpool a clear penalty in the defeat by Chelsea and added it was hard to take. 
Referee Mike Riley appeared ready to give Liverpool a penalty in the first half when Tiago clearly handled the ball in his own area but for whatever reason the official changed his mind.

Carragher said: "The referee knew he had made a mistake because in the next five minutes he gave us everything.

"He even had the whistle to his lips as though he was going to blow and then gave us nothing. It was very hard to take."
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anfieldadorer » Sun Jan 02, 2005 1:26 pm

skysports

Liverpool defender Jamie Carragher feels Mike Riley's failure to award The Reds a penalty against Chelsea was the turning point in the game.

Chelsea pinched a narrow 1-0 win at Anfield on New Year's Day thanks to a deflected Joe Cole strike, with the result hard on a Liverpool side who had dominated for long spells.

Liverpool had a couple of penalty claims waved away by Riley, with one in particular causing Carragher real concern.

After Riley had dismissed claims for a penalty following a tussle between Florent Sinama-Pongolle and Claude Makelele, Liverpool voices were louder when Tiago appeared to divert the ball away from Antonio Nunez with his hand.

Riley put the whistle to his mouth, seemingly ready to blow, before waving play on.

At the interval, Riley claimed he was going to blow for an unrelated incident before playing an advantage.

This explanation did not sit kindly with Carragher who was vociferous in his protests both during and after the game.

"The referee had the whistle to his lips and was about to blow and I can't understand why he didn't," commented Carragher. "It's hard to take.

"He knew he'd made a mistake because for five minutes after that he gave us everything, but that was no good."
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 77-1099054247 » Sun Jan 02, 2005 1:37 pm

andy_g wrote:i can't believe lampard can show his face in public. and if i see him crowing about another chelski win i'm going to go and find him and punch his f*ckin teeth out.

Well, after the match, Lampard stated that he was sorry and upset about the injury he caused and claimed he was unaware that Alonso would be out that long.

He seemed genuinly sorry about the injury he caused; but then again, he would, considering how long Alonso would be out for, as a result of Lampards tackle.
77-1099054247

Postby 77-1099054247 » Sun Jan 02, 2005 1:39 pm

anfieldadorer wrote:railey is the fcukin scum, referee association should bring an action on him :angry: :angry: :angry: ."

He's Leeds scum...and why the allow him to referee-especially in the big games, is just beyond me!

Someone on here stated that looking at statistics, that Riley has given you many penalties too...although I'm not entirely convinced.
77-1099054247

Postby KennyisGod....still » Sun Jan 02, 2005 2:04 pm

It would seem penalties aint gonna be our thing judgin by the last 2 home games, with all the incidents at the KOP end. That last few seconds challenge on Riise by Niemi was positively vicious!! As for the Chelski game, words defy me. How the hell Riley could see handball AFTER the incident from behind for several frees but not the penalty one in full clear view I'll never know. Unless, as I've said elsewhere, he's actually Abramovich's first January transfer window signing. Sayin that, werent they banned from playin til the 5th!!!!!!
It aint just the penalties tho, I reckon Stevie G may well have got a red if that tackle of Lampards had been on Robben. Mourinho has bought a breath of fresh air to Sky's newscasts, but how he sees Lampard as a better player is beyond me.
On a positive note, we're still improvin really well so fourth - and maybe 3rd - aint too far away.  :p
Stu Averill, a wannabe Scouse/Scot. I remember the good times & have faith in them comin back

Beside the Hillsborough Flame, I heard a Koppite mournin, "Why so many taken on that day?" Justice has never been done. But their memory we'll carry on. There'll be Glory Round The Fields Of Anfield Road
KennyisGod....still
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 77-1099054247 » Sun Jan 02, 2005 3:22 pm

KennyisGod....still wrote:Mourinho has bought a breath of fresh air to Sky's newscasts, but how he sees Lampard as a better player is beyond me.

Because he is a Chelsea player; he is obviously going to choose him over a player who plays for another team. Simple as.
77-1099054247

Postby anfieldadorer » Sun Jan 02, 2005 5:29 pm

Paul Tomkins, RAWK:

These are the decisions that have cost us points this season, or at the very least made things much harder for us:

1) White Hart Lane: Gerrard's clear penalty claim waved away.

2) Graz at Anfied: their midfielder is booked twice and doesnt get sent off, and comes close to scoring a crucial goal minutes later.

3) Bolton away: perfectly good goal by Luis Garcia chalked off for offside.

4) Man United away: their first goal comes from a free-kick that should have been our throw in; their second comes from a corner that should have been our goalkick.

5) Millwall away: Kevin Muscatt grabs Baros around the throat and puts his forehead into Milan's face; despite other outrageous fouls, Muscatt not sent off.

6) Blackburn away: Blackburn's second goal is clearly, clearly, clearly offside; just the three players ahead of our defence.

7) Birmingham at home: Muzzy Izzet escapes conceding a penalty and being sent off for saving the ball on the line with his hand. (A week later he repeats the crime, and a penalty is awarded, and he is sent off).

8 ) Palace at Anfield: two penalties are rightly awarded for fouls on Baros; a third –– equally clear –– isn't awarded.

9) Boro away: Luis Garcia scores a goal by perfectly beating the offside trap, for a goal that should have made the game 1-1. Unfortunately, the linesman gets it wrong and we end up losing 2-0.

10) Monaco away: Saviola scores after controlling the ball with his hand. (Diminutive Argentinians and their hands, eh?).

11) Aston Villa away: the home team equalize from a free-kick where Gavin McCann blatantly dives (and subsequently apologizes to Jamie Carragher).

12) Newcastle at home: Newcastle take the lead with the most offside goal in football since 1888. Kluivert is 120 yards offside.

13) Chelsea at home: Tiago punches the ball away from Nunez as the Spaniard is all set to head in from close range. (Nunez, following his header at West Brom, must wonder when he'll ever score with the opposition punching the ball all the time).

(Any I've missed –– I'm sure there have been plenty more fouls on Baros in the box –– feel free to let me know).
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby akumaface » Sun Jan 02, 2005 5:40 pm

I completely missed the game and is very angry to hear Alonso is injured because of the shitty Lampard. I guess the F*cking Chelski is now playing the F*cking Russian Mophia way. Its like you can get away with anything if you have money. What this World has come to......If he wants to throw money around, save it for the Tsunami victims in Asian and not on the ref..... :angry:
akumaface
LFC Super Member

Postby 116-1104673748 » Sun Jan 02, 2005 6:51 pm

Even a Man Utd fan and an Arsenal fan I know hate him.Every EPL club fan(except Chelsea's) has been looking forward to Chelsea losing.
116-1104673748

Postby A.B. » Sun Jan 02, 2005 7:08 pm

Nunez has been punished in almost every game, everytime he's close to scoring he gets it blocked via a players hand. Once against West Brom and against Chelsea.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby A.B. » Sun Jan 02, 2005 7:09 pm

L-type wrote:O and btw we will face Chelsea in the Carling cup final assuming that we beat Watford and they beat the scum (though i think i hate chelsea and Riley more than I hate Man U and Graham Poll)  I say we sign a player on a 5 day contract and put him on the field to just start beating the shi/t out of everyone, what are they gonna do suspend his ******?

Why not just use Diao?
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby 116-1104673748 » Sun Jan 02, 2005 7:11 pm

When Hamann can recover in time?I say Biscan is better.
116-1104673748

Postby L-type » Sun Jan 02, 2005 7:22 pm

anfieldadorer wrote:Paul Tomkins, RAWK:

These are the decisions that have cost us points this season, or at the very least made things much harder for us:

1) White Hart Lane: Gerrard's clear penalty claim waved away.

2) Graz at Anfied: their midfielder is booked twice and doesnt get sent off, and comes close to scoring a crucial goal minutes later.

3) Bolton away: perfectly good goal by Luis Garcia chalked off for offside.

4) Man United away: their first goal comes from a free-kick that should have been our throw in; their second comes from a corner that should have been our goalkick.

5) Millwall away: Kevin Muscatt grabs Baros around the throat and puts his forehead into Milan's face; despite other outrageous fouls, Muscatt not sent off.

6) Blackburn away: Blackburn's second goal is clearly, clearly, clearly offside; just the three players ahead of our defence.

7) Birmingham at home: Muzzy Izzet escapes conceding a penalty and being sent off for saving the ball on the line with his hand. (A week later he repeats the crime, and a penalty is awarded, and he is sent off).

8 ) Palace at Anfield: two penalties are rightly awarded for fouls on Baros; a third –– equally clear –– isn't awarded.

9) Boro away: Luis Garcia scores a goal by perfectly beating the offside trap, for a goal that should have made the game 1-1. Unfortunately, the linesman gets it wrong and we end up losing 2-0.

10) Monaco away: Saviola scores after controlling the ball with his hand. (Diminutive Argentinians and their hands, eh?).

11) Aston Villa away: the home team equalize from a free-kick where Gavin McCann blatantly dives (and subsequently apologizes to Jamie Carragher).

12) Newcastle at home: Newcastle take the lead with the most offside goal in football since 1888. Kluivert is 120 yards offside.

13) Chelsea at home: Tiago punches the ball away from Nunez as the Spaniard is all set to head in from close range. (Nunez, following his header at West Brom, must wonder when he'll ever score with the opposition punching the ball all the time).

(Any I've missed –– I'm sure there have been plenty more fouls on Baros in the box –– feel free to let me know).

You caught everything i had posted earlier and more except i just posted decisions that cost us points.  I forgot about Aston Villa and Monaco.

WOOHOOO 400 POSTS
"I get bored quickly and like to change things — except my wife!”                   - Cisse
We all dream of a team of Sissoko's!! All 15 of them !!
L-type
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby L-type » Sun Jan 02, 2005 7:28 pm

anfieldadorer wrote:skysports

Liverpool defender Jamie Carragher feels Mike Riley's failure to award The Reds a penalty against Chelsea was the turning point in the game.

Chelsea pinched a narrow 1-0 win at Anfield on New Year's Day thanks to a deflected Joe Cole strike, with the result hard on a Liverpool side who had dominated for long spells.

Liverpool had a couple of penalty claims waved away by Riley, with one in particular causing Carragher real concern.

After Riley had dismissed claims for a penalty following a tussle between Florent Sinama-Pongolle and Claude Makelele, Liverpool voices were louder when Tiago appeared to divert the ball away from Antonio Nunez with his hand.

Riley put the whistle to his mouth, seemingly ready to blow, before waving play on.

At the interval, Riley claimed he was going to blow for an unrelated incident before playing an advantage.

This explanation did not sit kindly with Carragher who was vociferous in his protests both during and after the game.

"The referee had the whistle to his lips and was about to blow and I can't understand why he didn't," commented Carragher. "It's hard to take.

"He knew he'd made a mistake because for five minutes after that he gave us everything, but that was no good."

to put it simple enough so that even Riley can understand it....

RILEY IS A RETARD. hE'S ONE OF THOSE PEOPLE WHO CAN'T WALK AND CHEW GUN AT THE SAME TIME NONTTHELESS REFEREE A HIGH CALIBRE MATCH BETWEEN TWO TOP SIDES.

How can you play advantage on what would have been a pk? and when Liverpool gained no clear advantage because of the handball why didn't he point to the spot? Referees do that all the time just like Riley but they are competent enough to point to the spot if no goal is scored like we did against Newcastle I think it was.
"I get bored quickly and like to change things — except my wife!”                   - Cisse
We all dream of a team of Sissoko's!! All 15 of them !!
L-type
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Canadian Red Army » Sun Jan 02, 2005 7:49 pm

ManUtd wrote:
andy_g wrote:i can't believe lampard can show his face in public. and if i see him crowing about another chelski win i'm going to go and find him and punch his f*ckin teeth out.

Well, after the match, Lampard stated that he was sorry and upset about the injury he caused and claimed he was unaware that Alonso would be out that long.

He seemed genuinly sorry about the injury he caused; but then again, he would, considering how long Alonso would be out for, as a result of Lampards tackle.

"he was unaware that Alonso would be out that long." that sounds like a hint he tried to injure him. That sounds in general is complete ******.
RIP - Drummerphil - YNWA
" Whats a holly kipper CRA? Is that a scene from batman and Robin :D" - CGGY
This is soo true - Daniel - sweetest guy in the world,soft and gentle but good in bed! hes a keeper!!!!!!
The Canadian Red Army
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion