I'm a very angry man - Liverpool fc r.i.p

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby JBG » Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:23 am

Imagine if we has this situation in Thatcher's time? Fans/people are gone too soft nowadays, too willing to take it in the :censored: from the big time charlies. Back in the 80s the fans would probably have rioted at this stage and picketed Anfield, stopping any scabs getting in.

Imagine Hicks and Gillette trying to break the strike by busing supporters in?  :laugh:
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby JC_81 » Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:25 am

Agree with your sentiments JBG.

Things are going to get worse at this club before they get better.

The club is rotting from the core and it's disgusting to watch.  It doesn't feel like LFC anymore, and you've put in words how I've been feeling for (like yourself) a long time now.

I can hardly stand to watch us play at the moment, in fact I can hardly stand to watch, talk about, post about or take an interest in any sort of football at the moment.  It's not that I'm a plastic fan who deserts the cause in times of need because I'm only interested when we're winning and indifferent when we're not, it's that I genuinely just can't stand to watch it because it is too painful.  It just doesn't feel like I'm watching our team anymore.

It impacts on every aspect of life though.  It affects your mood at work on a daily basis, it ruins your weekends when you see the state of the performances and results and it just generally p1sses you off.  I've just about had it with this situation.  We need these ABSOLUTE KUNTS out pronto.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:28 am

john craig wrote:I can hardly stand to watch us play at the moment, in fact I can hardly stand to watch, talk about, post about or take an interest in any sort of football at the moment.  It's not that I'm a plastic fan who deserts the cause in times of need because I'm only interested when we're winning and indifferent when we're not, it's that I genuinely just can't stand to watch it because it is too painful.  It just doesn't feel like I'm watching our team anymore.

I know how you feel mate. I'm off to watch Norton FC against FC United in the FA Cup this weekend. Hopefully it'll take my mind off things. At least it'll be nice to watch some proper honest players giving their all for once.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby JBG » Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:30 am

Look, its not about winning or losing, although we all love winning and hate losing.

Its the manner of the winning and losing, and how the club goes about its day to day business.

Fans would understand and support the team if they were trying their best, if the club was trying its best to make progress, but we were simply not good enough and didnt have the resources of the other clubs. People could understand that.

What they cant understand is a squad of overpaid players not trying, a club structure that doesnt work and owners running the place into the ground.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby NANNY RED » Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:32 am

stmichael wrote:
bavlondon wrote:The next game is the derby as well.

I'm dreading it. I never thought I'd see the day when I fear playing that lot.

Absolutly terrified Mike , just terrified because if we put in a performance like we have the past few weeks they will batter us, they have actualy been playing alright you know just not putting the ball in the back of the net, im sh.itin myself about the weekend lots of fans feling the same a all ,like you say never ever thought that before a Derby game
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:35 am

JBG wrote:What they cant understand is a squad of overpaid players not trying

that was the most telling thing for me in the first half yesterday. the players just didn't look arsed. they didn't even press blackpool and they just played around us for fun. it was possibly the worst 45 minutes i've ever seen from a liverpool side.

it doesn't help however when you get people like hansen (who i used to have a lot of respect for) coming out on MOTD2 and saying that the fans should get off the owners and the managers back and look at the players. yeah the players are really lacking confidence at the moment but everybody knows what the real issue is.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby JC_81 » Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:39 am

Is it that the players aren't trying though?  Or is it that some of them, the ones that genuinely do care, are as frustrated and angry as we are at the situation and it's impacting on their confidence and performances?  Anyone who's played football at any level can identify with that, the fact that when you're not in a good state of mind you don't perform your best.  I'm talking about the Reinas, the Torres', the Gerrards, the Carras.  They can't be happy with the owners, the lack of stability throughout the club, the style of play and the fact that they look around and see gobsh.ites like Mascherano jumping ship.

You can argue that they've a job to do and they're well paid so just get on with it.  But in reality football is not a job, it's about being a performer, and you can't perform to the best of your abilities when your head is being messed, with no matter what you're paid.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Octsky » Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:20 pm

JBG wrote:I'm not a happy chappy at the moment. Havent been for a long time now. In fact, going back to Rafa's news conference before the Newcastle away match three years ago ("as always I will continue to focus on coaching the team") I've not been a happy camper as a Liverpool fan. That was the first real indication that there was something fundamentally broken at our club and that we werent in Kansas no more.

Lets be clear here: Liverpool FC, the great sporting institution we all love and treasure, is long dead. It died a death of a thousand cuts starting back in early 2007 when those shower of :censored: :censored: took over.

At times the entity we saw before us looked a bit like our beloved club. It got our hopes briefly up with some exciting times in the 08/09 season, but just because it walked and talked a little like Liverpool FC didnt necessarily mean that it was Liverpool FC. No, instead it was a fake, a sham I call Kop Holdings Ltd.

It'll continue to be Kop Holdings Ltd for the foreseeable future as far as I can see. I have an awful feeling that Hicks will wriggle out of the current situation and manage to assume sole control of the club.

The only solution as far as I can see is for the fans to precipitate a crisis. Sometimes the baby has to be thrown out with the bath water. In Houllier's time the fans lost faith in him and home crowds started to dwindle. I think I remember it said that when we got something like 32,000 for a home league game on a Saturday David Moores finally decided that enough was enough.

We need more of the same now. Fans should stop going to the games and stop supporting the team. It isnt Liverpool FC anyway, its an abomination called Kop Holdings.

Maybe I'm not thinking straight and maybe I'm being extreme but I've stopped supporting the current side. It isnt Liverpool. My hope is that an absolute disaster on and off the field will force the Yanks to lower their ridiculous asking price and walk away.

We play Everton next up and I'm hoping the bitters do us a rare favour and help us put ourselves out of our misery.

Immolution by fire and then a resurrection afterwards.

u r a extremist .. the most dangerous kind.
how does losing to everton n not going to the games help??

its like the plot from Watchmen in which Dr Manhattan wants to kill millions in order to have world peace.

lobby for political intervention, pressure banking institutions not to give refinancing etc etc.. these are the more sensitive measures we can take without throwing our beloved club into more disarray.
Octsky
LFC Super Member

Postby shabelle50 » Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:04 pm

Part of me didn't want us to equalise and go on to win the game yesterday because then Hodgson would have said we'd turned the corner when in fact the problems would have just been further masked.
shabelle50

Postby mart » Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:12 pm

stmichael wrote:they didn't even press blackpool and they just played around us for fun.

It seems like this is Roy's "tactic" because we let every team do that this season.
mart
LFC Super Member

Postby Igor Zidane » Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:15 pm

I'm with JBG on this one , it hasn't felt like LFC for a while at the match . I went the first game of the season against Arsenal and decided to jib it . The whole on the field sh!te is just a side issue and has been for ages . Has anyone noticed when are decline started and have they put two and two together yet . It never was about the manger ,it was always about the owners and people MUST NOT get distracted by the on the field stuff . Lets keep our focus and concentrate on the real battle. Top post JBG .
Last edited by Igor Zidane on Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jacdaniel » Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:22 pm

Igor Zidane wrote:I'm with JBG on this one , it hasn't felt like LFC for a while at the match . I went the first game of the season against Arsenal and decided to jib it . The whole on the field sh!te is just a side issue and has been for ages . Has anyone noticed when are decline started and have they put two and two together yet . It never was about the manger ,it was always about the owners and people MUST NOT get distracted by the on the field stuff . Lets keep our focus and concentrate on the real battle. Top post JBG .

I mainly agree Igor.  But we do have to keep an eye on the field and make sure we don't finish really low.  Otherwise star players will leave.

But the owners are still of higher priority than anything else.
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby Igor Zidane » Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:27 pm

jacdaniel wrote:
Igor Zidane wrote:I'm with JBG on this one , it hasn't felt like LFC for a while at the match . I went the first game of the season against Arsenal and decided to jib it . The whole on the field sh!te is just a side issue and has been for ages . Has anyone noticed when are decline started and have they put two and two together yet . It never was about the manger ,it was always about the owners and people MUST NOT get distracted by the on the field stuff . Lets keep our focus and concentrate on the real battle. Top post JBG .

I mainly agree Igor.  But we do have to keep an eye on the field and make sure we don't finish really low.  Otherwise star players will leave.

But the owners are still of higher priority than anything else.

Star players are gonna leave anyway jac if the owners stay . It's a no brainer mate .
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:09 pm

JBG wrote:Power to the people. Stop supporting Kop Holdings. Vote with your wallets. Dont go the game, dont watch the game on telly, dont buy merchandise.

Its :censored: like Hicks and Gillett and their leaveraged buy outs that :censored: up the entire world economy. :censored: going on spending sprees with banks' money, monopoly money that neither the banks nor the owners had. Its the same everywhere, be it property developers, speculators, what have you.

Ordinary people all over the world are suffering, be it Iceland, Greece, Latvia, Ireland. Britain faces enormous spending cuts next budget, and its because of :censored: of the same calibre as Gillet and Hicks. :censored: having a punt with other people's money, losing it all yet walking away unscathed, leaving ordinary decent people left to pick up the tab.

Stop going the game and stop supporting these :censored:.

Absolutely 100% correct, mate. But try and tell that to the whoppers who turn up in their droves. I was wearing the protest shirt to football training a few weeks back and a few Reds ther were asking me if it was a training top. I said no, it's our boycott/protest shirt. They were like, "Waaa! A protest shirt? What's that then? Ohhhh, you mean against the Yanks!" When the big stars at this club want to f*ck off like Mascherano did, and are replaced with players like Poulson and Konchesky, maybe then that'll wake a few more sleepy heads up. I've been boycotting everying to do with the club for three years now.Would love to go and see Torres play in a shirt, but I probably never will.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:13 pm

Octsky wrote:
JBG wrote:I'm not a happy chappy at the moment. Havent been for a long time now. In fact, going back to Rafa's news conference before the Newcastle away match three years ago ("as always I will continue to focus on coaching the team") I've not been a happy camper as a Liverpool fan. That was the first real indication that there was something fundamentally broken at our club and that we werent in Kansas no more.

Lets be clear here: Liverpool FC, the great sporting institution we all love and treasure, is long dead. It died a death of a thousand cuts starting back in early 2007 when those shower of :censored: :censored: took over.

At times the entity we saw before us looked a bit like our beloved club. It got our hopes briefly up with some exciting times in the 08/09 season, but just because it walked and talked a little like Liverpool FC didnt necessarily mean that it was Liverpool FC. No, instead it was a fake, a sham I call Kop Holdings Ltd.

It'll continue to be Kop Holdings Ltd for the foreseeable future as far as I can see. I have an awful feeling that Hicks will wriggle out of the current situation and manage to assume sole control of the club.

The only solution as far as I can see is for the fans to precipitate a crisis. Sometimes the baby has to be thrown out with the bath water. In Houllier's time the fans lost faith in him and home crowds started to dwindle. I think I remember it said that when we got something like 32,000 for a home league game on a Saturday David Moores finally decided that enough was enough.

We need more of the same now. Fans should stop going to the games and stop supporting the team. It isnt Liverpool FC anyway, its an abomination called Kop Holdings.

Maybe I'm not thinking straight and maybe I'm being extreme but I've stopped supporting the current side. It isnt Liverpool. My hope is that an absolute disaster on and off the field will force the Yanks to lower their ridiculous asking price and walk away.

We play Everton next up and I'm hoping the bitters do us a rare favour and help us put ourselves out of our misery.

Immolution by fire and then a resurrection afterwards.

u r a extremist .. the most dangerous kind.
how does losing to everton n not going to the games help??

its like the plot from Watchmen in which Dr Manhattan wants to kill millions in order to have world peace.

lobby for political intervention, pressure banking institutions not to give refinancing etc etc.. these are the more sensitive measures we can take without throwing our beloved club into more disarray.

My view simply is that this isnt Liverpool FC anymore, its Kop Holdings. Its immaterial to me at this stage what happens at Goodison, its not my club anymore.

A couple of weeks ago they beat Steau 4-1 and I wasnt bothered.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion