Angry jbg!

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby JBG » Thu Apr 15, 2004 11:41 am

I am an angry man.

My team are one of the biggest jokes in the Premiership, managed by an autocratic, deluded and paranoid schoolteacher, my club run by weak yes men, the players incapable, downhearted, downthrodden and confused.

Today Rick Parry is reported to have said that the reports of Houllier being sacked if he doesn't qualify for the CL are wrong, that Houllier will definitely be here next season.

The club have also turned down Steve Morgan's cash injection of £50million.

The good news is that its reported there will be a massive clear out of players in the summer, but the bad news is that Houllier will be free to experiment in the transfer market again next summer, with a host of French league players reportedly on the way.

Will this nightmare ever end?  :(  :angry:  :(  :angry:
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby greenred » Tue Apr 20, 2004 1:09 am

No time soon.
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redspirit » Tue Apr 20, 2004 1:40 am

If we are giving up on Houllier's original plan, why not give a competent manager a shot at a new plan?!?!?!? :angry:
redspirit

Postby Leonmc0708 » Tue Apr 20, 2004 6:07 am

JBG, I agree with what you say, read the thred Falling out of Love, and you will see we share the same sentiments.

Time for wholesale changes before some fans are hurt too much to return to the fold.

MORGAN - IN
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anfieldadorer » Tue Apr 20, 2004 7:04 am

John Barnes' Granny wrote:Will this nightmare ever end?  :(  :angry:  :(  :angry:

Why would you think we deserve nice dreams? 
It's only Liverpool Football Club
Nothing to do with us
:p
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby swiss_kopite » Tue Apr 20, 2004 8:19 am

John Barnes' Granny wrote:The good news is that its reported there will be a massive clear out of players in the summer, but the bad news is that Houllier will be free to experiment in the transfer market again next summer, with a host of French league players reportedly on the way.

couldn't agree more!!!

i'm neither racist nor nationalist (in fact, i'm not even english ... :;): ), but imo there shouldn't be to many foreign players allowed per team! of course, f.e. arsenal has a great squad, no doubt, but (most of) the keyplayers are french, dutch, swedish, german... :
1.: there are foreign players who are just attracted by the money they can earn. they don't show the attitude needed to play successful (like fighting with passion).
2.: it's bad for the national team

if you take a look at other leagues, there are some quite good examples of what i mean, f.e. in germany:
- vfb stuttgart: lots of young and hungry players, both germans and foreigners, but a good mixture
- schalke 04: some time ago, they had just one (!) german player in their starting team. even though they invested a lot of money, they didn't succeed the way they wanted.
swiss_kopite

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion