Angry, angry, angry! - Post your anger here!

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby anfieldadorer » Tue Jan 04, 2005 1:42 pm

hi judge, you're from leeds aren't you? mind kicking riley in the *****? :angry:
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Tue Jan 04, 2005 1:43 pm

consider it done.

maybe if the bas'tard is lucky, i'll shoot him in the head. thats the kind thing to do
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anfieldadorer » Tue Jan 04, 2005 6:16 pm

from breakingnews

Carragher off the hook
04/01/2005 - 16:39:36

Liverpool defender Jamie Carragher will not face any disciplinary action from the Football Association in the wake of his outspoken criticism of referee Mike Riley.

Carragher was angered by Riley’s failure to award Liverpool a penalty for an apparent handball by Tiago in last Saturday’s home defeat by Chelsea.

The same official was also responsible for the controversial penalty awarded to Manchester United against Arsenal at Old Trafford in October.

Carragher said: “If referees perform well, they should get the big games.

“But the fact is that he influenced the outcome of another game by bad decisions. He’s the same referee who made big mistakes in the United versus Arsenal game.

“What has happened here and at Old Trafford could prove the difference between Arsenal winning and losing the league. Referees must be held more accountable.”

The FA closely studied Carragher’s comments but have concluded that, despite his outspoken criticism, the defender had not questioned Riley’s integrity.

The incidents nevertheless prompted Arsene Wenger and Sir Alex Ferguson to call for video technology to be used to help referees during games.

Referees’ supremo Keith Hackett has, meanwhile, indicated that he would be reviewing Riley’s weekend penalty decision at Anfield with the official.

Hackett told the Daily Mail: “He’s on FIFA’s elite list and is respected across the world. Every time a referee steps out in the Premiership, he’s subjected to huge exposure.

“But you expect them to perform well in those games. As with any game, decisions made and not made are analysed back at the office. That determines what advice is given to the referee.

“I’ve already had one discussion with Mike. We’ll be looking at things like positioning and viewing angles to see how he made the judgment that it was ball to hand.”
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Alanay » Wed Jan 05, 2005 9:19 am

Yeah...the notice board of anger.......... back in action
Alanay
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Wed Jan 05, 2005 9:21 am

anyway, jamie's not in trouble with the the FA, coz he didnt insult the refs integrity, according to newspaper reports
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Wed Jan 05, 2005 10:04 am

hats off to carra again, really. the lad was obviously fuming but knew he had to choose his words carefully and express his anger in a strong nbut controlled way. he'd have been well aware of the consequences of just launching into the ref with all sorts of insults and accusations.

the new maturity, poise and control of carra on the pitch seems to work off the pitch aswell. i'm seriously thinking of putting him at the number one of my top 5 players this season (see other thread) - he's impressing me that much and emobodies the spirit of LFC.

go jamie!

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Wed Jan 05, 2005 10:06 am

i'm gonna buy jamie a trabant :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Wed Jan 05, 2005 10:10 am

lol

good man!