How may goals have we scored from corners?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Sir Roger » Sun Nov 15, 2009 9:16 pm

Last season and this season please.
Direct and as a result of, as I believe its not one of strong points. Am I right?
Sir Roger
LFC Super Member

Postby tubby » Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:22 pm

Probably because we are :censored: with deliveries. Stevie in particular. As good a player as he is, he is dire when it comes to corners.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sir Roger » Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:32 pm

bavlondon wrote:Probably because we are :censored: with deliveries. Stevie in particular. As good a player as he is, he is dire when it comes to corners.

Putting our best player on corners is something I wish Rafa would stop
Sir Roger
LFC Super Member

Postby tubby » Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:34 pm

Sir Roger wrote:
bavlondon wrote:Probably because we are :censored: with deliveries. Stevie in particular. As good a player as he is, he is dire when it comes to corners.

Stevie is actually quite good in the air. He has scored a few for us from headers and even a few for England. Im sure he would be more effective attacking the ball in the box. Maybe in training he is more effective taking them who knows.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby heimdall » Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:55 pm

bavlondon wrote:
Sir Roger wrote:

Stevie is actually quite good in the air. He has scored a few for us from headers and even a few for England. Im sure he would be more effective attacking the ball in the box. Maybe in training he is more effective taking them who knows.

Are you suggesting the pressure gets to Stevie or something, why would he be better in training? Nope it's more likely yet more proof of Rafa's footballing genius in that he just can't see what is right in front of his face.
We must be the worst in the premiership at set pieces as we hardly ever score from them, not good enough at all.
heimdall

Postby Zidane » Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:20 am

It isn't just our delivery though, last season if Hyypia wasn't playing we were miserable at set pieces/corners.  We just don't have CBs that know how to attack a ball in the air.
Zidane

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:48 am

We don’t have many good headers of the ball. I never see the point of Carragher going up for corners. Why not have him stay back, have Aurélio take the corners and have Gerrard in the box.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:20 am

Stop gerrard from taking the corners and put him in the edge of the box .........and we will score a few more goals from corners...
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Espionage » Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:31 am

I agree with Gerrard not taking the corners and having either Aurelio or Benayoun taking them. Although Gerrard has good technique and good power he just does not have the mentality, that goes the same for penalties.

Anyone see Alonso's penalty for Spain a few days? I have no idea why he never took more penalties why he was here.
Espionage
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dazzer » Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:41 am

I think best corner taker in team don't laught is Babel. I seen him do 2 corners in CL few seasons back and we scored from both. :laugh:
Dazzer
LFC Super Member

Postby fivecups » Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:05 am

Espionage wrote:I agree with Gerrard not taking the corners and having either Aurelio or Benayoun taking them. Although Gerrard has good technique and good power he just does not have the mentality, that goes the same for penalties.

Anyone see Alonso's penalty for Spain a few days? I have no idea why he never took more penalties why he was here.

Been a long time since Stevie missed a penalty as far as I can remember.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sir Roger » Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:50 pm

Dazzer wrote:I think best corner taker in team don't laught is Babel. I seen him do 2 corners in CL few seasons back and we scored from both. :laugh:

Yes but babels not always on the pitch. Maybe Rafa should concentrate on corners when they train. This will give him a better idea of who should take them. Hopefully this will put the least useful on corners and most likely to score in the box?
Sir Roger
LFC Super Member

Postby tubby » Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:27 am

fivecups wrote:
Espionage wrote:I agree with Gerrard not taking the corners and having either Aurelio or Benayoun taking them. Although Gerrard has good technique and good power he just does not have the mentality, that goes the same for penalties.

Been a long time since Stevie missed a penalty as far as I can remember.

I think it was against Spurs a few years back. Could have won it for us but ended 2-2 on the day. That's the last miss I recall anyway.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby heimdall » Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:31 am

Sir Roger wrote:
Dazzer wrote:I think best corner taker in team don't laught is Babel. I seen him do 2 corners in CL few seasons back and we scored from both. :laugh:

Yes but babels not always on the pitch. Maybe Rafa should concentrate on corners when they train. This will give him a better idea of who should take them. Hopefully this will put the least useful on corners and most likely to score in the box?

Do you guys think they ever train at set pieces because it sure as hell doesn't look like it. Any manager with half a brain would have Stevie in the box instead of taking the corners, unfortunately we have the best manager in the world Rafa.   :)
heimdall

Postby tubby » Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:42 am

So now Rafa doesn't have half a brain? :laugh: :censored: off you turd. :;):

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion