How long will it be before we challenge again? - Will it be in rafas time?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ace Ventura » Wed Jan 10, 2007 2:06 pm

LittleHobo wrote:also why was my "alonso" thread locked and removed? was it any worse than "dudek and paletta" thead?

that one is much worse

fact is the powers that be on this site know for a fact i am close to the truth on the alonso thing......mascherano is being touted because alonso is on his way

Cos your a n'b who comes on here with loads of different id's on a windup probably.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Wed Jan 10, 2007 2:06 pm

Rotation is good and vital to maintaining players fitness but it only works when you are rotating around your best players easing them in and out and it is only effective when used on a winning streak. Withought a good run the confidence is low as players and they dont perform.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Wed Jan 10, 2007 2:34 pm

Couldnt we just play our strongest team in each game and bring players off if they are getting tired ?
Sounds simple enough to me  ???

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rafa D » Wed Jan 10, 2007 4:03 pm

Before we are ready to challenge again Littlehobo I think we need a drastic rethink of club policy and the players. Instead of buying a new stadium I think we should scrap that, and stay at Anfield. We should put that money towards transfer funds and buy Ronaldinho, Kaka, Nesta, Rooney, C Ronaldo, Henry, Fabregas , Miguel for £30m and some other portugese CB for s vastly inflated price. 

Also we should see if Wenger wants to become our chief scout and offer  Capello and Rikkard coaching jobs in the boot room, then maybe we will challenge for the title.
Sammy Lee wears Liverpool undies
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby welsh wizzard » Wed Jan 10, 2007 4:09 pm

Rafa-Dodd wrote:Before we are ready to challenge again Littlehobo I think we need a drastic rethink of club policy and the players. Instead of buying a new stadium I think we should scrap that, and stay at Anfield. We should put that money towards transfer funds and buy Ronaldinho, Kaka, Nesta, Rooney, C Ronaldo, Henry, Fabregas , Miguel for £30m and some other portugese CB for s vastly inflated price. 

Also we should see if Wenger wants to become our chief scout and offer  Capello and Rikkard coaching jobs in the boot room, then maybe we will challenge for the title.

:D

Good call Rafa lad!!

Sounds a good idea.
welsh wizzard
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dimshen » Wed Jan 10, 2007 4:18 pm

Rafa-Dodd wrote:Before we are ready to challenge again Littlehobo I think we need a drastic rethink of club policy and the players. Instead of buying a new stadium I think we should scrap that, and stay at Anfield. We should put that money towards transfer funds and buy Ronaldinho, Kaka, Nesta, Rooney, C Ronaldo, Henry, Fabregas , Miguel for £30m and some other portugese CB for s vastly inflated price. 

hey, you joke but to be fair i think thats not a million miles away from the truth of the situation. call me crazy...

(actually, dont, i have a complex about my sanity)
Dimshen

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Jan 10, 2007 4:21 pm

Ace Ventura wrote:Couldnt we just play our strongest team in each game and bring players off if they are getting tired ?
Sounds simple enough to me  ???

Me too .

And considering we've now only got three games over the next 20 days, injuries aside I defy Rafa to give us a reason for not playing our best 11 in each and every game .

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Loyalist » Wed Jan 10, 2007 4:29 pm

Lets be realistic, even if we scrap the new stadium, how are we going to buy these players, we still wouldnt have enough money to buy them, unless this the takeover goes ahead.
Loyalist

Postby Rafa D » Wed Jan 10, 2007 4:34 pm

Loyalist wrote:Lets be realistic, even if we scrap the new stadium, how are we going to buy these players, we still wouldnt have enough money to buy them, unless this the takeover goes ahead.

No we could definetly buy them all, Rooney would love to play at Liverpool with Gerrard so we could get him for around 20m.

Henry loves us and would go on strike till we got him if we made a approach.
Sammy Lee wears Liverpool undies
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Thu Jan 11, 2007 1:32 am

A few years ago i used to be a cellarman at a hotel working over 50 hours a week for £250 a week. Once i worked 3 weeks solid, no day off, no break nothing.
So why, oh why do we need to rest players who play a couple of games a week?
Lets introduce the rotation system into everyday jobs, that would suit me fine, your not working this week cos your tired ! WAHOO !!!
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Thu Jan 11, 2007 3:37 am

Kharhaz wrote:A few years ago i used to be a cellarman at a hotel working over 50 hours a week for £250 a week. Once i worked 3 weeks solid, no day off, no break nothing.
Lets introduce the rotation system into everyday jobs, that would suit me fine, your not working this week cos your tired ! WAHOO !!!

The thing is - you weren't directly competing against someone in that job.

It didn't matter if you took 5 minutes longer at the end of the 3 weeks than at the beginning.

It matters on a football field.

Imagine if your boss timed you on the last day of those 3 weeks,  then timed someone who'd had a week off. The slower of you got sacked - who do you think will be on their merry way?

It's like saying "Let's get Paula Radcliffe to run another marathon 2 days after taking the gold at the Olympics".

It all adds up, and fatigue can break you if it's not dealt with. Leaves you more prone to injuries, and no matter how naturally (or unnaturally) fit you are - sooner or later it WILL catch up with you, and it WILL affect your performance.
Last edited by Lando_Griffin on Thu Jan 11, 2007 3:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red_guy » Thu Jan 11, 2007 4:53 am

Lando_Griffin wrote:
Kharhaz wrote:A few years ago i used to be a cellarman at a hotel working over 50 hours a week for £250 a week. Once i worked 3 weeks solid, no day off, no break nothing.

It didn't matter if you took 5 minutes longer at the end of the 3 weeks than at the beginning.

Imagine if your boss timed you on the last day of those 3 weeks,  then timed someone who'd had a week off. The slower of you got sacked - who do you think will be on their merry way?

It's like saying "Let's get Paula Radcliffe to run another marathon 2 days after taking the gold at the Olympics".

It all adds up, and fatigue can break you if it's not dealt with. Leaves you more prone to injuries, and no matter how naturally (or unnaturally) fit you are - sooner or later it WILL catch up with you, and it WILL affect your performance.

Well said lando.
"Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool." Bill Shankly
red_guy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby teamleader1 » Thu Jan 11, 2007 9:03 am

And where the fk does David Moyes fit in?  :wwww
teamleader1

Postby Ace Ventura » Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:19 pm

Lando_Griffin wrote:

Lando Paula Radcliffe didnt get gold in the olympics, she packed in half way round.

I accept your point as it makes sense, but as well as having fit players in football teams with a settled side you tend to get better results.
I am all for giving players the odd break but to drastically change your starting line up every game is playing into the oppositions hands.
Last edited by Ace Ventura on Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:24 pm

STOP ROTATION NOW! :angry:
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion