Houllier - Why he should be sacked

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Owzat » Tue Mar 23, 2004 2:38 pm

woof woof ! wrote:
stu_the_red wrote:.

Houllier took over a club that was going backwards and has stabilised it. He's now looking to take us forward.

We are improving and will continue to do so next season.

The past two seasons are what you would call "stable"?
Yeah I guess a club going absolutey nowhere (except in fkn circles) could be called stable.
Sorry but I don't think we are improving, we are treading water.slowly drowning.If it wasn't for Stevie G we'd be totally f*cked. :(

P55 W21 D16 L19 PTS 79 (out of 165)

Stu - How exactly is that stable? Looks like the record of Tottenham ffs! Had we not gone unbeaten at the start of last season we would have been a lot lower. Even our cup form is cr@p, with a home defeat to Bolton, home draws against Marseille and Portsmouth and defeat away to Portsmouth.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby greenred » Tue Mar 23, 2004 2:44 pm

We are twenty eight points behind Arsenal with nine games to play.I personally am embarrassed by that.This is the worst Liverpool team in living memory and they are a disgrace to the red shirt.Houllier must go.
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Mar 23, 2004 2:45 pm

Owzat wrote:.

Stu - How exactly is that stable? Looks like the record of Tottenham ffs! Had we not gone unbeaten at the start of last season we would have been a lot lower. Even our cup form is cr@p, with a home defeat to Bolton, home draws against Marseille and Portsmouth and defeat away to Portsmouth.

Jeezuz Owzat ! I wish you hadn't put those stats up.Now I feel worse than ever.I better go and lie down before I throw up.  :p

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Owzat » Tue Mar 23, 2004 2:47 pm

greenred wrote:We are twenty eight points behind Arsenal with nine games to play.I personally am embarrassed by that.This is the worst Liverpool team in living memory and they are a disgrace to the red shirt.Houllier must go.

That's a good stat, with nine games to go we are mathematically incapable of catching Arsenal. There is about 1/4 of the season to go!

What sayeth thee stu?
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby greenred » Tue Mar 23, 2004 2:51 pm

Not as good as your stats Owzat :D
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Tue Mar 23, 2004 6:30 pm

You Houllier sympathisers make me sick.
Oh so we must realise now 4th spot is realistic aye..and come to terms with the fact we arent good enuff...i see!
THE FACT IS WE FCUKKIN SHUD BE GOOD ENUFF!
t#s#ers had his 5 yrs and spent a few quid along the way! Hes all over the place tatically and ...hes just a w#nk#r
Bring on the reserves! (if he hasnt released em all)

But we aren't. So deal with it. Things have happened which have caused the club problems which have been hard to cope with. They are bound to set a club back a couple of years.

I mean comments like "bring on the reserves" shows you have no idea about football... end of arguement.

And you sound like a fan of Tottenham. If you can't see the quality he's brought to the club you are more stupid than i thought. If you can't look at things more objectively you are also more stupid than i thought. Look at the previous 5 years he's been here. He hasn't all of a sudden become a bad manager.

Houllier hasn't been here for 55 games. Its ALOT longer than that. The fact you ignore his acheivments shows your rediculous arguements up time and time again.

No-one here is saying he's better than Wenger, but at the end of the day who is? Fergie maybe? Thats about it in this country at least.

You quite simply talk utter boll##ks. You try to manipulate arguements to suit your points, u don't look at an over all managerial record, you look at little parts which suit your arguements. I could do it with Ferguson over the last few years.

The failiure to win the league every season with players the calibre of Ferdinand, Giggs, Scholes, Keane, van Nistlerooy is unacceptable. The signings of Forlan, Veron, Fortune, Ronaldo and Djemba-Djemba have all been flops with only Ronaldo showing any promise. The league form this season has been awful, losing so many times at home etc and not even be in the top two at this point of the season is a disgrace. Also the players he's sold, Stam and Beckham, two players that would walk into any team he's failed to replace. He also shown his inept tactical knowledge of defending to high up the pitch and pushing the midfield to high away in the champions league last season to madrid when you just knew they'd score those kind of goals.

At the end of the day if you're going to argue take the good with the bad. Be objective.
115-1073096938

Postby Owzat » Tue Mar 23, 2004 9:10 pm

stu_the_red wrote:And you sound like a fan of Tottenham. If you can't see the quality he's brought to the club you are more stupid than i thought. If you can't look at things more objectively you are also more stupid than i thought. Look at the previous 5 years he's been here. He hasn't all of a sudden become a bad manager.

I'm afraid you show lots of signs displayed by Tottenham fans - lack of contact with reality, tendancy to argue with facts and in the face of overwhelming evidence, the ability to see something good in something [email]cr@p..........[/email] We are not Tottenham, we are better than Tottenham but we will not escape a comparison with them if Houllier stays.

He never was more than an average manager with a lot of money. If you really rate what Houllier has done, nothing that much more impressive than Evans in the league, then maybe you should take a reality check. btw, I never doubt your stupidity, you keep trying to convert fans to morons and it is never going to work

stu_the_red wrote:Houllier hasn't been here for 55 games. Its ALOT longer than that. The fact you ignore his acheivments shows your rediculous arguements up time and time again.

His achievements are in the past and limited. A few non-impressive cups is not going to buy him time. The FACT that you are still living in 2001 shows you don't have an argument. Perhaps you are a closet manc who has to keep harping back to the recent past to ease the reality of the present

stu_the_red wrote:I quite simply talk utter boll##ks. I try to manipulate arguements to suit my points

More like it :laugh:

stu_the_red wrote:I don't look at an over all managerial record, you look at little parts which suit your arguements. I could do it with Ferguson over the last few years.

It is the present you prat, no good looking at what we did in the past. It is not selective, it is representative since we have not reached the temporary heady heights of 12 games unbeaten. You want an overall comparison, then look at the LEAGUE records of Houllier and Evans : -

Houllier P219 W108 D55 L56 Pts/Game 1.73
Evans P172 W83 D46 L43 Pts/Game 1.72

stu_the_red wrote:At the end of the day if you're going to argue take the good with the bad. Be objective.

You're hardly objective, you do nothing but promote the manager using very selective arguments. The manager is not good enough. Liverpool have a few quality players yet Houllier still picks the cr@p ones. How can one manager turn so many players into cr@p?!?!?!?
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Supermarius » Tue Mar 23, 2004 10:09 pm

I couldnt have said it better myself owzat! :laugh:
Q: You're trapped in a room with a tiger, a rattlesnake, and a Manchester United Fan. You have a gun with two bullets. What should you do?

A: Shoot the United Fan. Twice.
Supermarius

Postby Scottbot » Wed Mar 24, 2004 5:41 pm

I don't believe that Houllier is a bad manager. He is a decent manager who made whole sale-changes and year by year progress at the club for the 1st 3 seasons. However, it takes a very good manager to pull his club out of the doldrums when things go sour and things have gone sour. Is Houllier good enough to pull us out of free-fall? Not a chance. He has lost the fans and it looks to me as if he has lost the players as well. Does anyone (aside from Stu) seriously believe Houllier can turn things round?
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ckay » Wed Mar 24, 2004 5:51 pm

I dont think he can. He doesn't seem tactically aware enough to change things when we're getting hammered.
ckay
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Wed Mar 24, 2004 7:55 pm

He never was more than an average manager with a lot of money. If you really rate what Houllier has done, nothing that much more impressive than Evans in the league, then maybe you should take a reality check. btw, I never doubt your stupidity, you keep trying to convert fans to morons and it is never going to work

Average manager who's won a lot more than Ranieri, Martin O'Neil etc etc. He's not had excessive money. £21m a season. Ferguson and Ranieri can buy one player for that amount. Houllier has to buy at least 3 or 4 for that amount. Its inevitable when you are paying that kind of money one or two players aren't going to make it.

A few non-impressive cups is not going to buy him time

Haha. Yeah some fan you are. Just sat there and nodded then did you? You fickle moron. You make me sick... You clearly don't SUPPORT the club or feel any pride in saying you support Liverpool FC so f##k off and offer your "support" elsewhere. :)
115-1073096938

Postby shilton_red » Wed Mar 24, 2004 8:31 pm

This is what Houllier needs . Gerrard and Owen too .

"WHEN YOU WALK THROUGH A STORM , HOLD YOUR HEAD UP
HIGH AND DONT BE AFRAID OF THE DARK ".
shilton_red

Postby Owzat » Thu Mar 25, 2004 2:25 pm

stu_the_red wrote:Haha. Yeah some fan you are. Just sat there and nodded then did you? You fickle moron. You make me sick... You clearly don't SUPPORT the club or feel any pride in saying you support Liverpool FC so f##k off and offer your "support" elsewhere. :)

You ignorant tw@t, Houllier promised the league and that is what we have been lacking for 13 years. Maybe you should go support boro since the league cup means so much to you and the league obviously doesn't. You seem happy for Liverpool FC to be a second-rate team - I question YOUR loyalty

I'm not surprised you were kicked off the other forum........
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Supermarius » Thu Mar 25, 2004 3:27 pm

##! he knows wat its like to get the boot then lol
  Thats probably why hes defendin Houllier so much...either that or theres a bit of rimming goin on! :laugh:
Q: You're trapped in a room with a tiger, a rattlesnake, and a Manchester United Fan. You have a gun with two bullets. What should you do?

A: Shoot the United Fan. Twice.
Supermarius

Postby The_Rock » Thu Mar 25, 2004 3:48 pm

Hey,

All of us here are liverpool fans.  Most of us here think we will succeed if GH leave. A few (or 1 guy) think that GH has to stay. The ultimate goal is that we want the club to succeed no matter what happens.

So lets focus on that, instead of accusing others of being man u or spurs fan. Lets stop spouting childish insults. (i consider being accused of being spurs supporter a big insult).

My personal view is that GH has directly or indirectly lowered the expectation we all have on liverpool. Previously at least i had some hope that liverpool will win the league just before the season started,.

But at this current moment, i would be very happy if liverpool  gets the champion league spot. I would be crying tears of joy if they can manage that with a UEFA win. If this is not lowering of expectation, then i do not know what is.

Roy Evens did not have this much to spend.  Sounnes did not have this much to spend.

Then i hear rumours that GH has problem with steve highway and that is the reason not many academy players are being promoted.

Liverpool is 1 of the biggest club in the world with worldwide support (2nd only to Man u).

I can state other reasons why GH has to go.  But the biggest reason is i do not want to start the next & future seasons hoping liverpool just finishes in the top 4 & having a good run in the league cup.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion