Houllier should leave

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby dotiloti » Mon Sep 08, 2003 4:33 pm

Houllier never was,and never will be the man for the job.What has he done for us apart from nearly bankrupt us buying players who wouldnt get a game for your local pub!? I hear those of you who are shouting about the trophies we won,well lets be honest shall we?Birmingham City murdered us, Arsenal murdered us up until Owen scored and when you throw away the kind of lead we had against Alaves then you just don't deserve to win a thing.
There doesn't appear to be any spirit at Liverpool now,the players do not look like they are enjoying their football and haven't done for a while and whilst thats the case we are not gonna challenge for anything.We need a clear out starting from the top!!!
dotiloti

Postby Chinesegirl » Thu Oct 09, 2003 5:15 am

That you hope to let who come?
:(
watch match on tv to support LFC now
watch mathc in anfield to support several years later!
i'll study hard for LFC
Chinesegirl

Postby hobbes » Thu Oct 09, 2003 4:38 pm

The secret was exposed. Michael has said it aloud. If Houllier insists that Liverpool plays a Defensive game, he is dispensible. We saw a change it the tempo for temporary. Machael's contract must be renewed. The Footbal Commentators have predicted that if Liverpool couldn't make it to the Champions League next season, Michael should move on for the sake of his own career.  Therefore Houllier had to make sure Michael is happy in Anfield. Liverpool played well.

But had anyone noticed, that Houllier plays attacking only until we score a goal or two. Then,  as quick as fox  he will change the one who is enjoying scoring goal and creating chances with some other (excuse me) sloppy players whom he has bought. We have started to lose again. Now Houllier has been quoted to worry that Michael Owen and Steven Gerrad will be allured to join Chelsea.

Come one, dont blame our defeats on Hypia's Defence, Henchoz and  Carragher's injury. Recently, its Michael Owen's injury that made us lost to Arsenal. Can u beleive it. ? The whole team is playing not one single player. If he cannot than replace him with other capable ones. Of course we don't have capable replacements because Houllier spent millions on Diouf, who was a striker now playing as wing at Anfield. As far as I can see, Diouf is a good Penalty Winner. He can stumble as if he has been greviously injured. Nevertheless, his penalties has  contributed to some of the Liverpool's temporary victory.

Houllier blames the Defence when we were defeated by Charlton. Come on,  everybody knows, Riise does not belong there. He is one of the best winger if you ask me. He can move forward and kick so powerful. He also feeds the ball quite well. He has been put as Defender. Well. he still plays better than Biscan as Defender. Biscan should not play for Liverpool either as Midfielder/Defender. He can't. If you ask me, Hypia has to cover for Biscan while he is played as Defender. 

What ever happened to Traoure?. He is better than Biscan. But his problem is he often concedes Penalty. If he can overcome that he would be good. Henchoz is being put into "freezer" now just like Patrick Berger. The excuse given is injury. I am not sure as his injury has not been verified by the news.

Most certainly we have to do something about Dudek. He has not won clean sheet for the past 4 games. We dont want him to lose confidence. He also of positions during critical moments.

With Michael down with injury, we are in desperate need of a striker. Heskey has definately lost his speed and his turn. Baros, sadly with a broken leg. Even Baros, has the speed but not the precision. Whatever happened to Sinama.! I read somewhere Houllier loaned him to a France team.  Is it true. ?

Houllier had messed the team. We virtually have no players now. Everyone is injured to a certan extent.

I certainly agree with some of you guys. Our players are not enjoying the game. They are being curtailed by so called strategy. The have fall victim into Houlliers failed experiments. You want proove. See what Houllier did to Kewell. He played him on the right despite knowing Kewell plays well in the left.  Later when he realizes that his plan did not work out. So, he let Kewell play freewill. Even that he followed example from Man. U Paul Shcolls.

I am surprised why Houllier hasn't left. We thank Houllier for what ever virtue he has done for the club. But please go. Or take a brake. Let Thomson handle for a short while until a new Manager comes.  ???
hobbes

Postby stevie boy » Fri Oct 10, 2003 4:44 pm

hobbes wrote:I think it is time to admit the fact Houllier is not the right man for Liverpool. Thomson was doing a better job while Houllier was away. Everyone makes mistakes. But, Houllier made alot.Mistakes that the team cant afford. A huge sum of money was wasted on players like Diouf.  The team was doing well until Diouf & others came. We were the last one to lose a match in the previous primiership.  Every other team lost a game earlier than us. We were winning 7 in a row without losing one. No point being adamant and trying to justify wrong decisions. Houllier had a whole last season to make things right.Things that he himself made worse. Unlike Sir Alex, Houllier does not have the eye for talent. You can't simply buy players who made debut only once. Fine, when the player he bought could not perform along with the team, Houllier should rectify. He should not have used the match as a training ground trying to figure out what went wrong. Immediate rectification must be done.Every football pundit is commenting on our defeat and Criticising Houllier's move. Houllier is trying out his ideas. Each time Liverpool lose, not only the players are upset, but the fans all over the world are dissapointed and they are not dissapointed over the lost but because Houllier's experiment did not work out. Houllier easily ends his comment's by saying " we created alot of chances...,  I feel sorry for the players they worked very hard... we would have done better if we have done ..."
I think enough damaged has been caused in the past and I cant see any difference this season. We cant take anymore chances. Admit the fact. Houllier should be responsible enough to leave. :angry:

GH should leave he has took us as far as he can its time for a change but phil thomo is not the right choice the players dont respect him as a manager when GH was ill the players got results for him not thomo .
stevie boy

Postby hobbes » Sat Oct 11, 2003 1:10 pm

Don't get me wrong, I did'nt say Phil Thomson is the person who can substitute GH. My point was while GH was away we were winning.

If you, stevie boy are  right,  "when  GH was ill the players got results for him not thomo" then why dont they win now.
when GH is being hammered.

It does not matter whether Phil Thomson will lead the team as manager or not. What matters is GH has to go.

Players will automatically respect any one who comes in as MANAGER. The post commands respect by itself.
hobbes

Postby Owzat » Thu Nov 20, 2003 1:50 pm

Self-belief must be at an all time low. The players will have seen the same things go wrong time and time again. I heard a stat the other day that Liverpool have never overcome a half-time deficit to win or something like that. The players mus be aware of these kind of things.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Thu Nov 20, 2003 1:52 pm

We do seem to have a probelm of not being able to salvage anything when we are behind.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Thu Nov 20, 2003 2:00 pm

Lack of belief (in Kermit), it has to be! We should be scoring more goals, we score 1 and 0 far too often. At the moment the defence is not strong enough to make the goals we are scoring count often enough. I don't understand why Henchoz is being left out, especially as Hyypia is having a poor season. Surely an experienced central-defender is better alongside Hyypia than Biscan? ???!?!?!?!?!?
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Thu Nov 20, 2003 2:02 pm

Why are you logged in as an annonmus user?

Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Thu Nov 20, 2003 2:03 pm

I always do that wherever I go, force of habit I guess. Is cheesecakery a manu fan because I often get the impression he is?
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Thu Nov 20, 2003 2:06 pm

I don't think he is and anyway the forum would be quite cr#p without him, beavers is good but he kisses his own a#se too much.

Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion