Hello my wonderful friends - Finally i get to say thanks

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby drummerphil » Wed Sep 06, 2006 10:57 pm

zarababe wrote:
drummerphil wrote:Hospital rang today,because the cancer has been damaging my teeth since christmas,i've got  to go into hospital next week to have 6 teeth out........whoopee eh..........not.
Normal dentists are not allowed to give me sedatives because of the brain cancer,so i have to have the work done as an in patient.The hospital will only extract though,although i need fillings and enamel work done too......i cant get that done. :(

so what does that mean? .. who will do the after stuff, surely they can't just pull your teeth out an leave at that?

:(

Its annoying.......i cant get the other work done.I go to the hospital tomorrow.They are not dentists but facial surgeons and only extract.I've had dentists visit me at home recently who refuse to treat me because of the cancer................i have no choice.
I suppose when the other teeth get really bad and are ready drop out they will remove them too.Thats if i'm still here by then.I have other bad news again too.We all know i had a bad skin cancer (melonoma) last year,which since has given me my fatal brain cancer.........GUESS WHAT.......

I HAVE ANOTHER NASTY LOOKING MELONOMA AGAIN 3 inches away from the first one.My GP is referring me again as he thinks it certainly is.FECKING WONDERFUL EH.
Thing is with living on borrowed time wih my brain cancer they might leave the new melenoma alone and think "whats the point".To be honest how north staffs nhs has neglected and under treated me,i can see them doing that.
I already have  legal action being reviewed against them for neglect,which will take years  to sort out.More than likely for Karen to deal with.
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Wed Sep 06, 2006 11:40 pm

drummerphil wrote:
zarababe wrote:
drummerphil wrote:Hospital rang today,because the cancer has been damaging my teeth since christmas,i've got  to go into hospital next week to have 6 teeth out........whoopee eh..........not.
Normal dentists are not allowed to give me sedatives because of the brain cancer,so i have to have the work done as an in patient.The hospital will only extract though,although i need fillings and enamel work done too......i cant get that done. :(

so what does that mean? .. who will do the after stuff, surely they can't just pull your teeth out an leave at that?

Its annoying.......i cant get the other work done.I go to the hospital tomorrow.They are not dentists but facial surgeons and only extract.I've had dentists visit me at home recently who refuse to treat me because of the cancer................i have no choice.
I suppose when the other teeth get really bad and are ready drop out they will remove them too.Thats if i'm still here by then.I have other bad news again too.We all know i had a bad skin cancer (melonoma) last year,which since has given me my fatal brain cancer.........GUESS WHAT.......

I HAVE ANOTHER NASTY LOOKING MELONOMA AGAIN 3 inches away from the first one.My GP is referring me again as he thinks it certainly is.FECKING WONDERFUL EH.
Thing is with living on borrowed time wih my brain cancer they might leave the new melenoma alone and think "whats the point".To be honest how north staffs nhs has neglected and under treated me,i can see them doing that.
I already have  legal action being reviewed against them for neglect,which will take years  to sort out.More than likely for Karen to deal with.

I feel for you fella, thats sad to hear Phil.  :(

Keep ya chin up Phil & at times like this, try and think of things more positive, (I dont how hard that must be TBH) like your beautiful wife and your lovely children.  :)
66-1112520797

Postby drummerphil » Thu Sep 07, 2006 8:36 pm

Bamaga man wrote:
drummerphil wrote:
zarababe wrote:

Keep ya chin up Phil & at times like this, try and think of things more positive, (I dont how hard that must be TBH) like your beautiful wife and your lovely children.  :)

Well i've been to the hospital.Ambulance came 2 hrs late thus making my appointment nearly void.Arrived on a stretcher then transferred to a bed,then told i need to go back up in 3 weeks time to have 6 teeth out.Any fillings and other repair work they will not do,because they will only extract.
To be honest i agree with that......... extracting the píss out of me is doing my head in,so i have to wait again for the teeth issue to be sorted again.
Someone could easily have come to my home and saved all that discomfort and messing about in ambulances to tell me i need teeth out and do feck all........
our NHS is a joke,i know i keep saying it but unless you are a regular user of their services you wouldnt believe what goes on.
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby drummerphil » Tue Sep 12, 2006 7:59 pm

drummerphil wrote:
Bamaga man wrote:
drummerphil wrote:
zarababe wrote:

Well i've been to the hospital.Ambulance came 2 hrs late thus making my appointment nearly void.Arrived on a stretcher then transferred to a bed,then told i need to go back up in 3 weeks time to have 6 teeth out.Any fillings and other repair work they will not do,because they will only extract.
To be honest i agree with that......... extracting the píss out of me is doing my head in,so i have to wait again for the teeth issue to be sorted again.
Someone could easily have come to my home and saved all that discomfort and messing about in ambulances to tell me i need teeth out and do feck all........
our NHS is a joke,i know i keep saying it but unless you are a regular user of their services you wouldnt believe what goes on.

I've had  phone call from the hospital again regarding the teeth.Ambulance booked again,i go in as an inpatient ward 107 on the 27th september at 4 oclock,operation following morning.
I also see my cancer surgeon on the 25th two days before..........so not next week,the week after it looks as though i wont be around much.
my reason for living

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby adamnbarrett » Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:50 pm

Best of luck Phil mate.

We're all thinking about you.
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby drummerphil » Tue Sep 12, 2006 11:26 pm

Cheers Adam  again,looks like i will be living through a straw for a few weeks.
my reason for living

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby drummerphil » Mon Sep 25, 2006 9:30 pm

Good News At Last

I went to see my cancer surgeon this afternoon and all in all things are looking better than  I expected.The last time I saw Dr Brunt he was telling me in April I had 6-12 months to live.I have lived the first 6 months of his prognosis,so you can imagine how nervous I was today.

I have been suffering lately with all kinds of symptoms and cant remember the last time when normal felt normal.Pain has been relentless and emotionally at times I’ve been a wreck.I was checked over and after doing many tests it looks like I’m winning.All the swelling in my brain has gone and all these new symptoms I’m suffering with are purely Because of all the medications I’m on.

The fighting I’ve done looks to be working and the prognosis of 6-12 months is looking wrong.They admit the brain cancer will never leave me and will kill me one day,but “one day” could be years,I have to carry on fighting and working towards getting some mobility back,so I can walk again.and work towards a normal life possible.

I’ve asked for a scan to be done as they don’t seem overconcerned about doing one,but I firmly believe in taking the  lid off something instead of guessing whats inside.It will be done in about a month for my piece of mind,they are already confident.

Finally I go in on Wednesday and Thursday for an operation on my teeth and gums so wish me luck…

PHIL
my reason for living

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Mon Sep 25, 2006 9:45 pm

Fantastic news, mate!  A real pleasure to hear that.  Keep believing and you never know what can happen.  Walk On! :)
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby adamnbarrett » Mon Sep 25, 2006 9:51 pm

Brilliant news Phil. Just keep believing and fighting. We all believe in you.

Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

YNWA Phil
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby drummerphil » Wed Sep 27, 2006 5:02 am

DRUMMERPHILS,WONDERFUL BUNCH OF REAL FRIENDS AND REMARKABLE PEOPLE.

September 27, 2006

All over the world

C/O Liverpool fc newkit forum
The only place to be.

Dear Friends,
Once again your replies,typify how lucky I have been through this battle to have had people like you about.What amazes me has been your kindness from the heartfelt words been spoken,but also the kind financial aid given too.Incidently in May/June you kind people donated around £400 then,£100 since and recently £200 in wedding presents is remarkable especially,when you consider we haven’t met each other.
You are from all over the world and many when I was told back in April that I had only 6-12 months to live I had never spoken too.I had a reputation on here more or less for having a go at newbies and sorting out idiots from other clubs.So this forums feelings towards me has been outstanding.I have a long way to go and the battle will never  be over,but please take my true heartfelt thoughts with you.Religion,colour,infact nothing has got in the way of this friendship.We all have our love of LIVERPOOL FC.
Yours truly,
PHIL
my reason for living

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Wed Sep 27, 2006 1:24 pm

Hear hear Phil.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby supersub » Wed Sep 27, 2006 1:41 pm

Great news Phil......
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby Mikz » Wed Sep 27, 2006 2:33 pm

:buttrock Good man brother. Fight on!

Your fav program back on thursday :buttrock
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby drummerphil » Sat Sep 30, 2006 11:49 pm

Mikz wrote: :buttrock Good man brother. Fight on!

Your fav program back on thursday :buttrock

dont know how i've managed without smallville.The new superman film i found disappointing so that didnt help  :laugh:
my reason for living

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kenneth » Sun Oct 01, 2006 2:26 am

Hi Liverpool fans,

First of all, I apologize for this message being put in this topic. But I can't start a new one (unless I have 25 messages), and I don't have a lot of time.... .

I'm writing you concerning a important mission. One of my best friends died Tuesday, 26th of September 2006, due to a car accident. Only 21 years old...There aren't any words in this world that could describe our pain. This Wednesday is the day that we say goodbye to him.

He was a goalkeeper. He lived and breathed football. We used to watch various matches of Liverpool. And every time the fans began with: You never walk alone, we got the shivers.

When he is being carried out of the church, we want to play You Never Walk Alone, with a live version of Liverpool.

My question is: can someone deliver me a mp3 of more than 2 min, with a live registration of the Liverpool crowd? That would be the finishing touch of what's going to be a celebration of his live.

So I'm asking you, from the bottom of my heart, could you please help me out?

Kindest Regards,

Kenneth
Kenneth

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion