Hello my wonderful friends - Finally i get to say thanks

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 82-1074641017 » Thu Jul 20, 2006 10:52 pm

Hello Phil, good to see you on here :)
82-1074641017

Postby drummerphil » Sat Aug 05, 2006 3:47 am

Good morning everyone Drummerphil here, not totally in sound mind,but neverless here.Its been a very difficult time these last 6-12 weeks,since I came out of hospital.Medically things have gradually got worse and the weakness and constant pain i’m in is far and above anything I;ve experienced ever before.I have 3 areas of pain in my brain which never go and I’m living on very strong doses of morphine among 46 other tablets I take daily.The last 3 weeks have been the worse, I’ve collapsed 3 times because my legs have lost all strength when I’ve tried to stand up and my speech and eye sight are shocking.Karen and I get married in 3 weeks time ,we are getting married with me in bed here,the vicar,the cancer/palative nurse and two witnesses.Thats it…. no family,friends  because mentally I couldn’t take it.
Emotionally I’ve had it and spend most nights lying here, crying either in pain,thinking about Karen and the kids or both.I was given 6-12 months in April if you remember and if you look at things officially from that 4 months has already gone.I am fighting as much as I can do but by god I cant do anymore than what I’m doing.Scared,frightened and a total mental wreck is what I’ve become.Please bear with me when I can get on here my concentration levels are nil,eyesight is :censored: and I’m trying my best.It was quite frightening on Tuesday when I overheard the cancer nurse telling Karen even though we get married in 3 weeks,maybe we should bring it forward abit,because how she saw me then I’ve got much worse and might not make it………….3 WEEKS…..Now that is frightening.I have felt a bit better today but still very ill and it will still be 3 weeks and nothing will stop that.I will carry on doing everything possible to beat this but by god my dear friends its so hard and a battle I would wish on none of you.Its taken me since 7am this morning to write this,but I know one or two of you guys have been asking for updates.
As for Liverpool not seen a lot because of obvious reasons,and when I have, what can I say apart from very disappointed .I know we have played a lot of young players and players new to the set up etc etc…….but no LIVERPOOL TEAM should ever be losing 5 nil to teams of that quality,especially with us having a CL Game coming and the charity shield coming.We have a better all round squad,a more offensive and pacey attack and it bothers me that players like Traore and Diao  are anywhere near the UK let alone still at Liverpool.I sure Rafa will sort it out he has too and soon,was I the only one when Rafa said he had bought a hobb last year it was a new cooker for his kitchen,because he certainly aint a footballer.
Any goodbye from me until I’m able again.I’m in such a state right now I cant really see anyone I,ve even told family to keep away and because of my speech there is no point and I’m highly embaressed by it.Anyone is quite free to email Karen (mrsdrummerphil) or ask jmac for her number.
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby daxy1 » Sat Aug 05, 2006 9:48 am

phil mate im sorry to hear the pain your in. i think you dont need to feel embaressed around your family and friends the love each show towards you is imense they all sound really proud of you phil the only time you need to feel embaressed is if you start looking like lando....
all the best mate my prayers are still with you and your family ...god bless gary (daxy1)

daxy1
LFC Super Member

Postby 112-1077774096 » Sat Aug 05, 2006 4:28 pm

i want to write something phil to be honest i dont even know what to say    :(
112-1077774096

Postby stmichael » Sat Aug 05, 2006 4:33 pm

drummerphil wrote:was I the only one when Rafa said he had bought a hobb last year it was a new cooker for his kitchen,because he certainly aint a footballer.

still the same old phil :D

all our thoughts and prayers are with the both of you.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Bad Bob » Sat Aug 05, 2006 5:42 pm

Phil, mate, I'm so sorry to hear that things are looking grim at the moment.  Just know that you remain an inspiration to us all and that we are all hoping and praying that you will beat this.  It's great that you're still able to follow the lads and I'm sure they'll turn it around when it counts next week.  It's too bad you can't manage to log on and have a look around the site more often...laughter is the best medicine after all and the utter rubbish that's been posted around here of late is so absurd you've gotta laugh.  There are some newbies that need the kind of rollicking that only Drummerphil can provide! :D

Hang in there, mate.  You are fighting like a champ and will get your reward.  Best wishes to your family and congratulations on your impending nuptials.

YNWA Phil, Karen and Family
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Red Hot Mama » Sat Aug 05, 2006 9:40 pm

Phil, I don't get time to come on here very often due to having a family and job to run but I do look forward to hearing your views (the one about Hobb is a classic).  I was getting very worried not having seen anything from you of late and was so relieved at your last post.  You put everything in our lives in perspective.  You are an inspiration to us all and you certainly deserve some peace and rest.  God Bless your lovely Karen and family, they are truely your rock.  Keep the faith and I will keep you in my prayers.  I think you should be named St Drummerphil and be the patron saint of Liverpool FC.  God Bless
Last edited by Red Hot Mama on Sat Aug 05, 2006 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Red Hot Mama

Postby Woollyback » Sat Aug 05, 2006 10:02 pm

phil how you cope with what you're going through is incredible, you really are an inspiration to us all :bowdown
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Red Indian » Sat Aug 05, 2006 10:12 pm

Truly inspirational Phil.  My prayers are with you.
Red Indian

Postby jonnymac1979 » Sun Aug 06, 2006 10:51 am

Phil mate, you will have to re-send that number.  The PM has disappeared from my Inbox and I saved it in my notes, but I think that's your old number.  I'll double check though.

Mate, just keep fighting, it's always good to see you on here.
jonnymac1979

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Aug 06, 2006 11:20 am

drummerphil wrote:I have 3 areas  in my brain which never go I’ve collapsed 3 times because my legs have lost all strength when I’ve tried to stand up and my speech and eye sight are shocking.

F'uckin 'ell Phil , you sound almost as bad as Diao !  :D  .

God bless you mate, you at least are a legend around here .  :buttrock

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby coddy » Sun Aug 06, 2006 11:58 am

Its a Fcuking miracle you can stand to come on here and tell everyone!!!! Top Kudos to you mate. Even though i dont know you well, reading this is very touching.
YNWA Drummerphil RIP

Immortalised by his own Legend. God Speed.

End Transmission.....
coddy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fivecups » Sun Aug 06, 2006 12:46 pm

Keep fighting Phil. Please dont feel embarrassed around your loved ones. Its important for you and for them that you spend as much time together as you can. Make sure your nurse is aware of all your symptoms - she has an important role in making sure you're as comfortable as possible.

My thoughts are with you all.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby crazyhorse » Sun Aug 06, 2006 4:11 pm

Keep fighting mate...

Three weeks until the big day then!! Good luck married geezer!
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redmikey » Sun Aug 06, 2006 4:59 pm

i sat and read the whole drummer phil thread a while back and wanted to say something but it feels a bit plastic to say thing when i hadn't been on here long, but reading your post there mate it made me sit here and think about how much the club connects people in different ways from some bloke you are jumping round a bar with watchin the 05 final and a chat room with a bloke going through a tough time, all the best mate and YNWA which is a statment this post genuinely refects
redmikey
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion