Hello my wonderful friends - Finally i get to say thanks

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Aug 11, 2006 6:51 pm

Phil your post has just rendered me speechless ,I can only commend you for the dignified way you have reacted to this tragic news. I applaud your bravery and will keep you in my prayers keep battling fella .
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Tue Aug 22, 2006 5:00 pm

Any developments Phil?

Hope things have improved, mate.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tommycockles » Tue Aug 22, 2006 5:12 pm

redmikey wrote:i sat and read the whole drummer phil thread a while back and wanted to say something but it feels a bit plastic to say thing when i hadn't been on here long, but reading your post there mate it made me sit here and think about how much the club connects people in different ways from some bloke you are jumping round a bar with watchin the 05 final and a chat room with a bloke going through a tough time, all the best mate and YNWA which is a statment this post genuinely refects

i completely agree with all you've said.

Drummerphil- i hope things have improved as much as they can and you're feeling more comfortable. My girlfriend accuses me of being completely unemotional but i have to say your words knock me sideways.

Good luck for your wedding and let us know how you are!

All the best to both you and Karen!
tommycockles
LFC Super Member

Postby drummerphil » Wed Aug 23, 2006 12:42 am

Lando_Griffin wrote:Any developments Phil?

Hi Lando mate and everyone else.I've not being very good these last 3 weeks and we have had one or two quite serious moments where i've needed urgent medical care.I never really move from my bed,but hope to start tomorrow getting downstairs abit more.We had a chair lift put in 9 weeks ago and i;ve only used it twice as my legs are so weak.My headaches and eyesight are not much better but i'm  not going to give up.I get married aweek tomorrow here,and i intend in giving Karen and my kids a while yet.When i'm more able to see people mate i will give you a shout,but reality is i'm quite away from that at the moment,and call it male pride but hate the way i am and look.
take care and thanks to everyone.
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby adamnbarrett » Wed Aug 23, 2006 12:45 am

Keep fighting Phil

YNWA  :buttrock
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Wed Aug 23, 2006 12:48 am

drummerphil wrote:
Lando_Griffin wrote:Any developments Phil?

Hi Lando mate and everyone else.I've not being very good these last 3 weeks and we have had one or two quite serious moments where i've needed urgent medical care.I never really move from my bed,but hope to start tomorrow getting downstairs abit more.We had a chair lift put in 9 weeks ago and i;ve only used it twice as my legs are so weak.My headaches and eyesight are not much better but i'm  not going to give up.I get married aweek tomorrow here,and i intend in giving Karen and my kids a while yet.When i'm more able to see people mate i will give you a shout,but reality is i'm quite away from that at the moment,and call it male pride but hate the way i am and look.
take care and thanks to everyone.

I understand mate, but when you look like me, pride doesn't really come into it!!!!! :D

You just try and focus on getting yourself right for your big day, and send my love to Karen and the family.

If you PM me your house number, I'll give you a bell for a chat if you're up to it.

Take care mate.

Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Wed Aug 23, 2006 12:50 am

Hey Phil luv,
Great to hear from you again, I dont want to be a nuisance mate if Im honest me and woolly where going to come and see you a few weeks ago, but we thought its best not cause you wouldnt be up to it.
I dont want to ring as you and Karen have enough on your plate.
I havent forgotten about you's dont think for one minute I have because your always in my thoughts, and the last thing you want is some nutter from the internet annoying you for an invite to your wedding  :D
Only messin mate, let us know how it goes I wish you well, and TBH I find words hard to come by if Im honest with you, I dont know what to say.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby drummerphil » Wed Aug 23, 2006 1:03 am

Ciggy wrote:Hey Phil luv,
Great to hear from you again, I dont want to be a nuisance mate if Im honest me and woolly where going to come and see you a few weeks ago, but we thought its best not cause you wouldnt be up to it.
I havent forgotten about you's dont think for one minute I have because your always in my thoughts, and the last thing you want is some nutter from the internet annoying you for an invite to your wedding  :D
Only messin mate, let us know how it goes I wish you well, and TBH I find words hard to come by if Im honest with you, I dont know what to say.

thanks Lynds sweetheart.Next wednesday is quite simple really,no family are coming (you wont believe the hassle family have caused)so its been a big :censored: off from me.Karen,myself,Pallative nurse,registrar,priest and two witnesses is it(old friends) is it.It will all be over within 45 minutes and depending how i am could say my vows from in bed.
Karen has made a huge effort though,new outfit,hair done,big cake etc etc...and obviously i feel guilty because of what my input will be.I will obviously try to make it as special as i can for her in whichever way i can.
Our wedding in reality next week,could be the last major thing we get to do together anymore,i hope not but even so who knows.
thanks for your kind words again.
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Wed Aug 23, 2006 1:06 am

drummerphil wrote:

thanks Lynds sweetheart.Next wednesday is quite simple really,no family are coming (you wont believe the hassle family have caused)so its been a big :censored: off from me.Karen,myself,Pallative nurse,registrar,priest and two witnesses is it(old friends) is it.It will all be over within 45 minutes and depending how i am could say my vows from in bed.
Karen has made a huge effort though,new outfit,hair done,big cake etc etc...and obviously i feel guilty because of what my input will be.I will obviously try to make it as special as i can for her in whichever way i can.
Our wedding in reality next week,could be the last major thing we get to do together anymore,i hope not but even so who knows.

We'll have less of the negativity, Mr Drummer!!!! :D

Chin up mate - you're getting married to one hell of a woman!

Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby drummerphil » Fri Aug 25, 2006 12:59 pm

Lando_Griffin wrote:
drummerphil wrote:

We'll have less of the negativity, Mr Drummer!!!! :D

Chin up mate - you're getting married to one hell of a woman!

I'm very lucky mate,considering my state.The kids,all the paperwork,medical care,housework,laundry etc etc etc.....i really dont know how she copes.She never stops.....like i said i'm a very lucky bloke.
my reason for living

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Mon Aug 28, 2006 3:35 pm

Well count down to tying the knot for the 'Drummerphils' .. heres wishing you both the best of days, cementing and sealing your union.

We all know already .. you're a great guy , Karen's a great gal.. and well we are all rooting and prayin for you, on this part of your journey.

Get in there Phil and Karen .. ding dong the bells are ringin.. confetti is falling and and tears are dropping (well what else do us girls do but sob at such events :D )

Have great day you two.. be thinkin of you !

:)
Last edited by zarababe on Mon Aug 28, 2006 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Proudy » Wed Aug 30, 2006 12:13 am

I dont come on here much, but I just want to wish you all the best Phil and keep on fighting.
Proudy

Postby drummerphil » Fri Sep 01, 2006 7:08 pm

Hospital rang today,because the cancer has been damaging my teeth since christmas,i've got  to go into hospital next week to have 6 teeth out........whoopee eh..........not.
Normal dentists are not allowed to give me sedatives because of the brain cancer,so i have to have the work done as an in patient.The hospital will only extract though,although i need fillings and enamel work done too......i cant get that done. :(
my reason for living

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Mon Sep 04, 2006 7:59 am

No more nutty brittle or bars of nougat for you :D

keep up the fight phil
Last edited by supersub on Mon Sep 04, 2006 8:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby zarababe » Wed Sep 06, 2006 8:32 pm

drummerphil wrote:Hospital rang today,because the cancer has been damaging my teeth since christmas,i've got  to go into hospital next week to have 6 teeth out........whoopee eh..........not.
Normal dentists are not allowed to give me sedatives because of the brain cancer,so i have to have the work done as an in patient.The hospital will only extract though,although i need fillings and enamel work done too......i cant get that done. :(

so what does that mean? .. who will do the after stuff, surely they can't just pull your teeth out an leave at that?

:(
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion