Heinze anyone? - move to liverpool turned down

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby The Manhattan Project » Tue Jul 03, 2007 9:07 pm

According to the BBC, he wants to go to Spain or Italy.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sean » Tue Jul 03, 2007 11:20 pm

Heinze is a typical argentinian footballer.  He'll simply be dedicated and loyal to whoever is paying his wages.  He was a great buy by fergie.  In his first season before his injury he was outstanding, a real warrior.  If he came here i'm sure he'd give his best.  The only concern I have is if he has fully recovered from his injury.
Every Single Ball
Sean
LFC Super Member

Postby El Nino_#9 » Tue Jul 03, 2007 11:50 pm

hmm.....no.
i would consider it if he didn't play for utd.
i don't want no scummy reject.
El Nino_#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Wed Jul 04, 2007 12:32 am

i like heinze. buy him.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby whylongball? » Wed Jul 04, 2007 1:26 am

passmeistro_#14 wrote:hmm.....no.
i would consider it if he didn't play for utd.
i don't want no scummy reject.

if Man dont want Rooney now, i would want him here :D
whylongball?

Postby tukes16 » Wed Jul 04, 2007 3:43 am

Heinze is a good buy. considering we dont have a soild left back
tukes16

Postby crazyhorse » Wed Jul 04, 2007 5:34 am

If he is available, which i doubt, he would be a very VERY good buy.
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kopite187 » Wed Jul 04, 2007 5:51 am

very good buy indeed
Kopite187

Postby Kewell2Dominate » Wed Jul 04, 2007 8:49 am

Heinze will be a top buy but if heinze has learnt anything in his time in england it is that the great rivalry between us and the mancs should ensure that SAF will just not sell him to us. Simple as that. Heinze should ring his management team up now and tell them to look in italy or spain. end of story.
Kewell2Dominate

Postby kazza » Wed Jul 04, 2007 8:53 am

Isn't Heinze playing for Argentina now? If so it means he is fit.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Wilhelmsson » Wed Jul 04, 2007 2:43 pm

s@int wrote:
Once a United player always a United player IMO

So we shouldn't have signed Beardsley then? If it came to a choice of sign Heinze and win the league or don't sign Heinze and the Mancs win the league, I think most people would choose signing Heinze.

I am not saying he will make such a difference but Benitez obviously thinks we need defensive cover and if we can't sign G. Milito (my choice) I would be only to happy to see another talented, determined and successful Argie here.

My argument is the same as in the Owen thread, we are signing a player to help us become more successful. If he is fit enough and wants to play for us, and Rafa wants him, ffs get him.

The comparison between the signing of Peter and the speculated signing of Heinze is a bit far fetched. Firstly whilst Peter played a single league cup game for MU, he was signed from his boyhood club of Newcastle. Heinze would be signed directly from MU and IIRC he has played around two hundred games for MU since his arrival.

Without being rude when on earth would Liverpool (or any other team) face such a dilemma of signing a left back and winning the League or not signing a left back and missing out on the league? That’s a silly analogy, it’s going to take more than a £26m striker and a £5m left back to whip Liverpool into serious contention.

Where has Benitez stated he wants Heinze? If you could supply me and everyone else who is interested with a link or quotes of Rafa stating this then it would be appreciated.

As for the Owen proposal, I am in favour of it. A) Liverpool need a striker with natural ability in front of goal b) Even with the arrival of Torres, there’s no guarantee the team will score enough goals in the season. C) For £9m that’s an absolute bargain.

It would be nice to have another determined, talented and successful football in the ranks of the club. IMO Heinze doesn’t equate to this, so we’ll have to agree to disagree on this one, friend.
'There's Man Utd and Man City at the bottom of Division 1, and by God they'll take some shifting.' - Bill Shankly.
Wilhelmsson

Postby account deleted by request » Wed Jul 04, 2007 2:59 pm

The comparison between the signing of Peter and the speculated signing of Heinze is a bit far fetched. Firstly whilst Peter played a single league cup game for MU, he was signed from his boyhood club of Newcastle. Heinze would be signed directly from MU and IIRC he has played around two hundred games for MU since his arrival.

You said "once a UNITED player always a UNITED player, Beardsley was a UNITED player.

Without being rude when on earth would Liverpool (or any other team) face such a dilemma of signing a left back and winning the League or not signing a left back and missing out on the league? That’s a silly analogy, it’s going to take more than a £26m striker and a £5m left back to whip Liverpool into serious contention.

I also said "I am not saying he will make such a difference", I dont think Liverpool are that far off and a £5million LB/CB may just move us that bit closer.

Where has Benitez stated he wants Heinze? If you could supply me and everyone else who is interested with a link or quotes of Rafa stating this then it would be appreciated.

That is why I prefaced the sentence with IF, if Rafa thinks hes good enough and wants him I would get him. (I certainly think he's good enough)

It would be nice to have another determined, talented and successful football in the ranks of the club. IMO Heinze doesn’t equate to this, so we’ll have to agree to disagree on this one, friend.

Hes an established Argentinian international, has just won a PL TITLE, and I don't think even you can argue he is not a determined player?

If you want to dismiss signing him because you hate the mancs, thats fair enough, but to say the lad isn't determined, successfull and talented is pushing it a bit mate.
account deleted by request

Postby Ade » Wed Jul 04, 2007 3:07 pm

'It would be nice to have another determined, talented and successful football in the ranks of the club. IMO Heinze doesn’t equate to this, so we’ll have to agree to disagree on this one, friend.'

This is getting ridiculous…
Ade
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Wilhelmsson » Wed Jul 04, 2007 3:49 pm

s@int wrote:

You said "once a UNITED player always a UNITED player, Beardsley was a UNITED player.

I also said "I am not saying he will make such a difference", I dont think Liverpool are that far off and a £5million LB/CB may just move us that bit closer.

That is why I prefaced the sentence with IF, if Rafa thinks hes good enough and wants him I would get him. (I certainly think he's good enough)

Hes an established Argentinian international, has just won a PL TITLE, and I don't think even you can argue he is not a determined player?

If you want to dismiss signing him because you hate the mancs, thats fair enough, but to say the lad isn't determined, successfull and talented is pushing it a bit mate.

I did and I stand by what I have said. I didn’t not accept the transfer of a one Paul Ince even if we signed him from Inter (IIRC). This is not the same as signing a MU player directly from MU is it? I oppose Liverpool conducting in business with MU; it’s not the done thing IMO.

I understand what you have said and I apologise for being ignorant to the sentence in the quotation marks. Personally I am not sure Heinze would bring Liverpool that extra bit of quality which would move the club that bit closer to the league. The defence and the duties of the defence isn’t the problem, Riise and Aurelio playing in the left back position isn’t a problem. The problem is with the wide players, the creativity and the lack of goals in the final third of the pitch. There is little ebb and flow and fluency about the Liverpool attack and I’d rather Rafa focused on this than signing an MU reject, no matter how talented he maybe.

Rafa’s opinion is not always correct and if Rafa signs Heinze and Heinze proves to be a successful player here, then I shall eat humble pie and admit I was wrong. This aside I cannot support a player who has worn the MU shirt and then pulls on the Liverpool shirt. I don’t know how anyone can do such an act, it doesn’t matter if a person was born and raised in Hong Kong or born and raised in Mongolia, everyone should learn to appreciate and acknowledge the discontent between both clubs.

Stewart Downing is establishing himself as an England International, it doesn’t mean he would fix the problem we have with the left wing does it? I’m not one to ‘argue’ for the sake of ‘arguing’, I prefer to call it banter, but ask yourself this question. If Heinze was as determined as you proclaim then why isn’t he battling Evra for a place in the MU starting eleven?

I might be ‘pushing’ it, I’m not going to deny his talent as it’s plain to see, though for the widely speculated fee of £5m he simply isn’t worth it and his injury has limited his ability further, he is not the player he was when he first signed for MU. Heinze’s determination is questionable; he seems to have given up fighting for his place in the starting eleven.

FWIW he has played a total of 36 matches last season for MU, so it’s not as though he is playing five or six matches a season. He has gotten his knickers in a twist because he has competition for his place and for the moment has lost “his” place in the side. If he’s getting his knickers in a twist over only playing 36 matches, then I’d hate to think how he would react with Rafa’s rotation policy.

This links in with the fact I dislike his attitude, IIRC he threw a punch at Frings at last summers World Cup after Argentina lost to Germany.

He has been successful with PSG and has enjoyed a league cup and Premiership trophy with MU, that aside he’s not been the most decorated player.

I oppose his signing and I do not wish to conduct in a discussion about this particular player. You like him and I don’t, there is little point discussing between us
'There's Man Utd and Man City at the bottom of Division 1, and by God they'll take some shifting.' - Bill Shankly.
Wilhelmsson

Postby account deleted by request » Wed Jul 04, 2007 4:41 pm

I oppose his signing and I do not wish to conduct in a discussion about this particular player. You like him and I don’t, there is little point discussing between us

So why reply again , just admit your wrong and I am right and we can move on :D

When you buy a player now, you buy his talent and ability, not his loyalty. Someone comes along who offers more money or a better opportunity and you wont see most players for dust. There are exceptions but on the whole its "show me the money" or at least the chance to win trophies that counts.

Does playing for another club somehow wash away the sins of playing for the mancs? Would it be OK to sign Gary Neville just because he moved to Blackburn before we sign him? No, because he's a true manc b@stard, Heinze is just a player.
account deleted by request

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion