Half heard something on the radio: - Overmars, davids and ayala on the way?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby ivor_the_injun » Tue Jul 06, 2004 2:16 am

Not sure what station it was, as I was in the car and it kept scanning between frequencies, but I've just caught someone talking about Overmars, Davids and Ayala being signed for LFC. Not sure if they were speaking hypothetically or stating fact, but they seem 3 very random players from what I can see. Surely Overmars is predominantly left-sided, which isn't a priority area for us?

Everyone's covered the Davids question in detail (my take? I reckon he'd warm the subs bench if he came), while Ayala is definitely the most eyecatching name of the 3.
ivor_the_injun

Postby Leonmc0708 » Tue Jul 06, 2004 9:17 am

If it isn't bad enough the amount of players we are linked with in the papers, and then idiots on here saying we have signed them, now you tell us about some players we were linked with that you half heard on the radio.

This is getting Stupid now.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ivor_the_injun » Tue Jul 06, 2004 11:46 am

Like I said, I don't know what context the names were being mentioned in - I can understand you moaning if I'd come out and said "these players are apparently on their way", but I just typed based on the little I heard, mainly to see if anyone else had heard it so they could fill in the blanks.

If I'd woken up this morning to find news that we'd signed them on all the back pages, I'm sure you wouldn't be so flippant. My guess is that it was a punter on some phone-in though.
ivor_the_injun

Postby 115-1073096938 » Tue Jul 06, 2004 11:54 am

Not sure what station it was, as I was in the car and it kept scanning between frequencies, but I've just caught someone talking about Overmars, Davids and Ayala being signed for LFC. Not sure if they were speaking hypothetically or stating fact, but they seem 3 very random players from what I can see. Surely Overmars is predominantly left-sided, which isn't a priority area for us?

Everyone's covered the Davids question in detail (my take? I reckon he'd warm the subs bench if he came), while Ayala is definitely the most eyecatching name of the 3.

Ayala is overated imo.

Overmars is right footed and can play on either wing.

Davids is a quality player but the wrong sort of player.
115-1073096938

Postby supersub » Tue Jul 06, 2004 12:41 pm

not worth.......aaaaaah! Why don't we all wait till the press conferences are called and,any players Benitez decides to sign,are paraded.All this is he-isn't he,will he or won't he,do you think Pele will join, maybe Henry VIII will return as king.It's great to fill a couple of days but not for the next 5 weeks....jeeeesus!!!
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Jul 06, 2004 12:44 pm

supersub wrote:not worth.......aaaaaah! Why don't we all wait till the press conferences are called and,any players Benitez decides to sign,are paraded.All this is he-isn't he,will he or won't he,do you think Pele will join, maybe Henry VIII will return as king.It's great to fill a couple of days but not for the next 5 weeks....jeeeesus!!!

:D  :laugh:   :D   :laugh:
Lmao, sorry SS , euro 2004 is over and the withdrawal symptoms are beginning to bite.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby whylongball? » Tue Jul 06, 2004 4:45 pm

woof woof ! wrote:
supersub wrote:not worth.......aaaaaah! Why don't we all wait till the press conferences are called and,any players Benitez decides to sign,are paraded.All this is he-isn't he,will he or won't he,do you think Pele will join, maybe Henry VIII will return as king.It's great to fill a couple of days but not for the next 5 weeks....jeeeesus!!!

:D  :laugh:   :D   :laugh:
Lmao, sorry SS , euro 2004 is over and the withdrawal symptoms are beginning to bite.

anyone can wait for the news? i cannt  :;):
whylongball?

Postby stmichael » Tue Jul 06, 2004 5:05 pm

most speculation is complete b#llocks. just red on sky sports that amoroso, the brazilian striker has flown in for talks with us. can't believe that. why the hell do we need anymore strikers?
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Gareth G » Tue Jul 06, 2004 6:58 pm

Yeah i seen that on the Liverpool site earlier too saying Amoroso was at Anfield today having talk's!

We don't need any striker's...
Gareth G
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion