Edgar davids - Liverpool?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Jul 03, 2004 11:23 pm

stu_the_red wrote:Davids IS a defensive midfielder. His strengths are much like Gerrards, tackling, work rate, stamina, aggression, determination and athletisism.

We already have a player with those strengths in Gerrard. We need a partner for him with strengths like flair, technique, creativety, vision, intelligence and goalscoring to get the right ballence... surely you can understand that?

Stu, I understand where your coming from but why do you constantanly deny Gerrard the prospect of being an effective Attacking midfielder ?......yes his strengths are as you have outlined , however on numerous occaisions he has shown his ability to turn those strengths into a positive attacking capability. Take off the blinkers Stu,Stevie running wild and free at any defence is a prospect they won't fancy.  :)
I see fear and hesitation in their eyes, is he gonna shoot ? is he gonna pass ? is he gonna keep on running ?
Stevie Gerrard bursting forward without restraint is one of the finest moments we could hope to see.  :)

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby supersub » Sat Jul 03, 2004 11:25 pm

Agree..unleash the man
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby l20ngy » Sun Jul 04, 2004 2:11 pm

banana first you say owen isnt world class then you say davids would be good for us ?

im baffled
l20ngy

Postby clint » Sun Jul 04, 2004 2:57 pm

i think davids would be a good signing, he is still a world class player, ok he didnt have a good euro championship but which top player did,  davids has the fire in his belly which is what most of the liverpool team lacked last season, i would still prefer ballack tho.
clint

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sun Jul 04, 2004 4:27 pm

Stu, I understand where your coming from but why do you constantanly deny Gerrard the prospect of being an effective Attacking midfielder ?......yes his strengths are as you have outlined , however on numerous occaisions he has shown his ability to turn those strengths into a positive attacking capability. Take off the blinkers Stu,Stevie running wild and free at any defence is a prospect they won't fancy.   
I see fear and hesitation in their eyes, is he gonna shoot ? is he gonna pass ? is he gonna keep on running ?
Stevie Gerrard bursting forward without restraint is one of the finest moments we could hope to see.   

Yeah i totally agree with you. 100% infact.

But my point is weather you like it or not, he hasn't got the guile, technique, vision and weight of pass to unlock 10 man defense systems. We've been saying for years how we lack creativety in the middle of the park and Stevey's been there all that time. He's an exceptional alround player with amazing ability, i would never say otherwise.

But the fact is we need something more than he can give us in an attacking sense.

People are saying its bad about how i bang on about the mancs midfield.... but credit where its due, it had EVERYTHING!!! Pace, Power, Skill, Vision, Technic albility, Physical strength, Mental attributes. Keane used to bomb forward the same way Stevie does now...

What i'm saying is a change of emphasis. Take out the holding midfielder and replace with a creative attack minded midfielder... then you will see a different side al together.
115-1073096938

Postby supersub » Sun Jul 04, 2004 4:40 pm

I agree we need a creative attack minded midfield player,but it has to be in front of a competent centre-back pairing.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sun Jul 04, 2004 4:59 pm

Sami's brilliant. We need a partner for him. Woodgate imo would be the answer if we could sign him. But the question is could we get him realistically?
115-1073096938

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Jul 04, 2004 5:38 pm

Hate to throw a spanner in the works, but do Specsavers sell welding Goggles.:D :D
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Jul 05, 2004 8:52 pm

Mercenary  ! The mans clearly in it for the Russian roubles .
   ???
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Mon Jul 05, 2004 9:33 pm

never doubted that for one minute.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion