Danny ayala

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Reg » Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:35 pm

Heard he' agreed to a one year loan at Valladolid in the Spanish 2nd division with a view to a permenant move thereafter. He´s a young centreback in case anyones's forgotten.

Why did we buy the lad if Spanish second division is his standard?

Does my head in the wages we've spent on these lads and they end up walking out with little more than a smile on their face.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:24 pm

I thought he was a good player. He made some 1st team appearances early last season when we were down to the bones at the back - solid performances, though, for someone so young and inexperienced.

I would imagine they're looking at promotion.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Good Yank » Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:44 pm

Lando_Griffin wrote:I thought he was a good player. He made some 1st team appearances early last season when we were down to the bones at the back - solid performances, though, for someone so young and inexperienced.

I would imagine they're looking at promotion.

I thought he looked like he could become a regular in the first team in a couple of years.  Made a few mistakes here and there but I feel he's too young to give up on.
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby bigmick » Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:26 pm

Was a bit one paced for a young centre half as I recall, as well as being a bit slight (although no doubt he'll fill out). In all honesty, whatever anyone thought of the previous manager we really could do with one or two of these superkids coming good oer the next couple of seasons. You would have thought that even by the law of averages we must have a chance of finding one. Many think it's Pacheco but I must confess I'll be surprised if it is.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:16 am

Daniel Ayala was a good decent no nonsense defender (Albeit being slightly raw ) who was especially adept in the air ....he  was also 6ft 3in and a bit of a grock by all accounts...... well he was  in the games I seen ???
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Good Yank » Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:29 am

RED BEERGOGGLES wrote:Daniel Ayala was a good decent no nonsense defender (Albeit being slightly raw ) who was especially adept in the air ....he  was also 6ft 3in and a bit of a grock by all accounts...... well he was  in the games I seen ???

LOL you you use the past tense like he's been gunned down on the street  :p
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby Owzat » Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:09 am

To be perfectly honest he has no realistic chance of succeeding here because he is competing for a place with £6m+ defenders and likelihood is they'd be replaced by defenders costing as much or more. He needs to be playing, so bringing him in was never going to work unless he really was top class and even then I'm sure our coaches would make sure he doesn't develop to his full potential.

These days the kids either have to be the next Pele at 17 or they're unlikely to make it. Even the manc conveyor of kids stopped yonks ago when money negated developing kids coming through. Since their golden era of kids who has come through? Wes Brown is ok but nothing special, ditto O'Shea and some of the other more recent kids who have played but not succeeded. Even Rossi was shipped out. The managers won't take big risks with the stakes so high, Arsenal are about the only big four/five side prepared to have faith in youth and they've won what in the last 4-5 seasons.........................?

I'm sure Ayala may become a decent defender or better, just doubt he'll do it here
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:50 am

The Mancs have actually done a bit better than you indicate Owz. Johnny Evans would absolutely walk into our first team, while the other young Irish kid with the shot who plays in midfield is a good player too. The Brazillian twins have obviously got it (or at least one of them has), while the Italian lad up top will probably make a player.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ben Patrick » Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:08 am

He is only young so its hard to make a decent judgement on him. But i wasnt overly impressed.
redbeergoggles if you think he is a grock you must have a physique like Crouch mate  :D
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Jul 06, 2010 3:49 pm

Hardly small is he at 6ft 3in ......and at 5ft 8in every fuckers taller than me (notice I didn't say harder  ) :D

RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ben Patrick » Tue Jul 06, 2010 3:58 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES wrote:Hardly small is he at 6ft 3in ......and at 5ft 8in every fuckers taller than me (notice I didn't say harder  ) :D

:D

Well clearly he isnt small.
But you said he was a grock...i thought he was quite thin for a centre half, although obviously he would fill out at some point.
Ben Patrick

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:03 pm

Ben Patrick wrote:Well clearly he isnt small.
But you said he was a grock...i thought he was quite thin for a centre half, although obviously he would fill out at some point.

Ok lets just say he would never get to work the doors in Liverpool ,but he might have a shot at the Disney store  :laugh:
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:17 pm

bigmick wrote:The Mancs have actually done a bit better than you indicate Owz. Johnny Evans would absolutely walk into our first team, while the other young Irish kid with the shot who plays in midfield is a good player too. The Brazillian twins have obviously got it (or at least one of them has), while the Italian lad up top will probably make a player.

Darron Gibson? Yeah he is a good player.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ben Patrick » Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:35 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES wrote:
Ben Patrick wrote:Well clearly he isnt small.

Ok lets just say he would never get to work the doors in Liverpool ,but he might have a shot at the Disney store  :laugh:

:D

Yeah he would make a top doorman on there like.
Ben Patrick

Postby Owzat » Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:49 am

bigmick wrote:The Mancs have actually done a bit better than you indicate Owz. Johnny Evans would absolutely walk into our first team, while the other young Irish kid with the shot who plays in midfield is a good player too. The Brazillian twins have obviously got it (or at least one of them has), while the Italian lad up top will probably make a player.

They bought/poached the brazilians, Johnny Evans is good but not great and I can only guess by the Irish kiddie you either mean O'Shea or Gibson. If rio was fit it would be rio and Vidic, Evans is a competent stand in, but if he did "walk in" to our XI it would be because our best CBs were average. Agger is better, I'd be loathe to play him before Carra or the others either

As for the Italian kid, you mean Macheda. He's decent, but is he going to get in ahead of Owen, Rooney and Berbatov - or whoever they may bring in to replace them. Just five league appearances last season to follow up four the season before, he is only 18, but I still don't believe he'll make it there.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion