Possible buyout? - Just heard on the radio

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby MuDy » Thu Dec 14, 2006 4:23 pm

i think the deal is done 95%

- - - - -  - - - - -

this picture has been captured today

our new owner hang his son Shiekh Rashid after he won the gold medal in the asian games ..

Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid al Maktoum, the ruler of Dubai

his son shiekh rashid

Sheikh Mohammed all he cares about is win and win ..
Last edited by MuDy on Thu Dec 14, 2006 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MuDy

Postby Igor Zidane » Thu Dec 14, 2006 4:27 pm

It's a bit harsh to hang his son after he won a gold medal don't you think. :D
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby rinoayuna » Fri Dec 15, 2006 8:46 am

Igor Zidane wrote:It's a bit harsh to hang his son after he won a gold medal don't you think. :D

LOL exactly what I was thinking.
rinoayuna

Postby account deleted by request » Fri Dec 15, 2006 11:22 am

metalhead wrote:but i really hope it doesnt ruin the liverpool tradition!

It would be lovely to have a huge investment

If you wern't so fkn lazy Metalhead you could of bought Liverpool. Get in your back garden and get diggin. (Note :- you may have to dig down 3 or 4 feet before you strike oil. Make sure you have plenty of buckets and an umbrella handy)  :D
account deleted by request

Postby red37 » Fri Dec 15, 2006 11:47 am

ha (off topic) just been perusing the highly entertaining internet and came across ITV sports web. apparantly the Toon are close to takeover as well.....

Toon to speak on takeover bid

Newcastle were on Friday morning set to release a statement after they were reported to be the latest club to be targeted by foreign investors.

The Daily Mail claimed American financiers Polygon and the United Bank of Switzerland have had a joint bid of £227million unanimously accepted by the Magpies' board.

It reported the deal was going through a period of 'due diligence' with the takeover expected to be completed earlier in the new year.

The newspaper also claims the north-east club's current owners, the Hall family and chairman Freddy Shepherd, will collect £68million in the deal while manager Glenn Roeder will be given a £20million transfer kitty.

f**k me! 20 mill is nothing to freddy, he'll no doubt go out and spend that on the next 'bigtime' charlie in a flash!
tut..tut... Monsieur Wenger's going to love this  :laugh:

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby tubby » Fri Dec 15, 2006 6:29 pm

red37 wrote:ha (off topic) just been perusing the highly entertaining internet and came across ITV sports web. apparantly the Toon are close to takeover as well.....

Toon to speak on takeover bid

Newcastle were on Friday morning set to release a statement after they were reported to be the latest club to be targeted by foreign investors.

The Daily Mail claimed American financiers Polygon and the United Bank of Switzerland have had a joint bid of £227million unanimously accepted by the Magpies' board.

It reported the deal was going through a period of 'due diligence' with the takeover expected to be completed earlier in the new year.

The newspaper also claims the north-east club's current owners, the Hall family and chairman Freddy Shepherd, will collect £68million in the deal while manager Glenn Roeder will be given a £20million transfer kitty.

f**k me! 20 mill is nothing to freddy, he'll no doubt go out and spend that on the next 'bigtime' charlie in a flash!
tut..tut... Monsieur Wenger's going to love this  :laugh:

Whats to say that if an offer came for Arsenal they wouldnt follow the same route?
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Fri Dec 15, 2006 6:33 pm

of course they bloody would!!  thats the hypocrisy of the man.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby metalhead » Fri Dec 15, 2006 9:00 pm

s@int wrote:
metalhead wrote:but i really hope it doesnt ruin the liverpool tradition!

It would be lovely to have a huge investment

If you wern't so fkn lazy Metalhead you could of bought Liverpool. Get in your back garden and get diggin. (Note :- you may have to dig down 3 or 4 feet before you strike oil. Make sure you have plenty of buckets and an umbrella handy)  :D

Fook me! I never knew i had a back garden  :D
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedBlood » Fri Dec 15, 2006 9:22 pm

arsene wenger is a moaning ti.t
RedBlood
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Fri Dec 15, 2006 11:52 pm

RedBlood wrote:id rather share my bed with elton john

I suspect even he has minimum standards.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Manhattan Project » Sat Dec 16, 2006 5:58 am

According to Manhattan's sources, Michael Knighton will be buying Liverpool Football Club.

First, we have to let him put on a LFC kit and score a goal in front of the Kop.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Smeg » Sat Dec 16, 2006 10:40 am

The Manhattan Project wrote:According to Manhattan's sources, Michael Knighton will be buying Liverpool Football Club.

First, we have to let him put on a LFC kit and score a goal in front of the Kop.

:laugh:  Where I live, Carlisle, he was he owner of Carlisle Utd, :censored: em up big time I believe.

Oh if only he hadnt been sussed by the mancs....
Smeg

Postby red37 » Thu Dec 21, 2006 3:17 pm

Takeover delay hampers Liverpool's spending plans

Oliver Kay - The Times

Rafael Benítez, the Liverpool manager, may have to content himself with only the acquisition of Lucas Neill, the Blackburn Rovers defender, during next month’s transfer window after learning that the club’s £450 million takeover by Dubai International Capital (DIC) may not be finalised until March.

Benítez has talked of a possible windfall before the January sales, but it seems unlikely that DIC, the private-equity investment arm of the state of Dubai, will complete its takeover in time to affect Liverpool’s transfer strategy before the summer.

It was hoped that DIC would complete the due diligence process in time to make David Moores, the Liverpool chairman, an offer for his 51.6 per cent shareholding this week, but the Christmas holiday means that is unlikely to happen before early January. If successful, DIC may extend its offer to the other shareholders for 60 days, with a view to securing a 90 per cent stake and taking the club into private ownership.

It means that the new era at Liverpool will not start in earnest until the summer — with Moores and Rick Parry, the chief executive, expected to retain senior positions in any case — and, while Parry has emphasised that there will be “no blank chequebook” for the manager, Benítez can expect his spending power to increase in time for next season.

Liverpool are close to securing the services of Neill. The Australian has only six months left on his contract at Ewood Park and, having informed the club of his desire to move to Merseyside, he is likely to be sold for about £1 million.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby red37 » Thu Dec 28, 2006 3:17 am

Liverpool set for delay over stadium

By Andy Hunter

28 December 2006

Liverpool's move to a new 60,000-seater stadium could be further delayed if their prospective new owners proceed with plans to develop real estate and leisure opportunities on the club's historic Anfield home.

A newspaper report yesterday claimed that Dubai International Capital, the investment arm of the Dubai government which is close to completing a £450m takeover of Liverpool, will borrow £300m to finance the deal, is offering 30 per cent of their 90 per cent stake to City investors and plans to sell the club at a huge profit in seven years' time once it has maximised returns by developing "real estate/leisure" facilities "on the current Anfield site".

That final option, however, poses fundamental problems over the club's long-awaited move to a new stadium on Stanley Park. Liverpool City Council granted planning permission for the Stanley Park site, and allocated European funding towards the overall regeneration of the Anfield area, on the understanding that the club's existing home would be redeveloped as " Anfield Plaza", a scheme that currently includes some real estate and leisure developments but also a memorial to the victims of Hillsborough and those supporters who have had their ashes scattered inside the stadium.

It also includes gardens that will compensate for the loss of land the council has donated to Liverpool to enable the Stanley Park project to proceed.

"Anfield Plaza" was the result of lengthy consultations, and any attempt to revise the scheme at this late stage ­ with work scheduled to begin on the new stadium in the spring ­ will necessitate a fresh planning application on behalf of DIC and, by extension, cause further delays to the project.

But DIC's long-term strategy for Liverpool has not been finalised and sources close to the takeover were yesterday sceptical about the claims. A DIC source said: "DIC is a very serious investor with the ability to take a long-term view. DIC has not yet formally made an offer, never mind completed a deal.

there seem to be one or two flys trying to inhabit the ointment at the moment...and until ANY formal announcement is made, the written press appear intent on highlighting each and every 'alarming development' with their usual scatterbrained alacrity....of course there are going to be side issues to the project, rightly they need discussing. But to cast a glance over the festive utterings of the written press, you'd be hard pressed to see any glimmer of optimism at all in their aspersions.  Once we got the 'Oh my god there's going to be no Abramovich style cheque waving' out of the way.. there seems a momentum building up (through boredom i guess) or at worst, ill considered, infantile journalism of the lowest quality, towards some kind of 'Doomsday scenario' in which, Moores is led blindly onto the plank and given a gentle, yet persuasive nudge towards its edge...Rafa Benitez is bound to throw his dummy out the pram and storm off in a skint huff all the way back to Spain. To one where, the very bones of the Anfield everybody knows, is to be tossed about in mid-air as if by chance its fortunes should rest willy-nilly on the idea of some form of Retail/leisure ownership/car parking spaces/designated Burger bar or even the residency of the selected Bingo Hall proprietors, who are dutifully bound to provide the much needed resouces the area requires and finds top of its priority list!  A retail/Leisure park!! Yeah right....no sh1t sherlock. I mean in the space of what, 4 days the credence of one or two hitherto respected and informed daily publications has, in my estimation - began to dwindle by the headline...Of course the conclusion of a deal this important is going to be 'picked and poked' over, analysed and double checked before ANY sod is going to give the green light for its conception!  This isnt informative, constructive reporting - its a blatant, outright stating of the bleedin' obvious for NO other purpose than to cause many an 'ooh and an aargh' around the footballing fraternity! Oh dear, Liverpool FC are soon to be well DICked about, arent they  :glare:   Moores/Parry AND the leading administrators of the Arabs interests are not in the business of making themselves look like fools!  Perhaps some of the written media consider its readership to be similarly hindered when falling for their 'spiel' likewise.  Its all in safe hands i'd suspect....patience will reveal the real truth behind the myth eventually.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby ste123lfc » Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:48 am

Anyone heard anything lately about the takeover, it all seems to of gone quiet, I hope they weren't watching on tuesday, that was enough to put anyone off.
From Shankly to Brendan we follow our team, Rome to Istanbul we've all lived the dream. Our journey is long, our goal stays the same, to keep for our children the famous red name.
ste123lfc
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion