Danny ayala

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:41 pm

Hull City look to extend Liverpool FC defender Daniel Ayala’s loan deal to end of the season
Dec 22 2010 by Ian Doyle, Liverpool Daily Post

HULL CITY are keen to extend the loan deal of Liverpool defender Daniel Ayala until the end of the season.

Ayala joined the npower Championship side on a temporary basis in September and has become an integral member of the side, making 12 appearances and scoring one goal.

The 20-year-old, who has missed Hull’s last four games due to a hamstring problem, is due to return to Anfield at the end of the month.

But Tigers manager Nigel Pearson is hopeful Liverpool will allow Ayala to stay on Humberside for the remainder of the campaign.

“Daniel has done well since he has been here and we would love to extend his loan,” said Pearson.

“We’re hopeful, but a lot will depend on circumstances at his own club.

“They may want him back but we’ll try and do something to secure him.”

Another Liverpool youngster, Jay Spearing, has vowed to repay the faith shown in him by Roy Hodgson by becoming a first-team squad regular.

Spearing, who is currently sidelined until the New Year with a broken ankle, is among several youngsters to have been given a senior opportunity by the Liverpool manager this season.

The central midfielder has made seven appearances this season, a figure which would have been higher but for his untimely training ground injury.
And Spearing said: “With the new boss coming in, it was a clean slate for everyone – especially for me, now that I’m 22 – to try and break in on a regular basis.

“I needed to show him what I was capable of, that I wanted to stay at this club and I was willing to fight for a place and be involved throughout the year and break into the side, a side I have always wanted to play for since I was a young lad.

“My aim this year is to start a new year and get more games.

“Since he’s (Hodgson) come in, he’s showed everyone what he wants and how he wants to play.

“He’s brought in a few players he wanted to bring in during the summer transfer window, and I think if he can, he will bring in a few more during the January transfer window, but we’ll have to wait and see.

“From my point of view, he’s given me a lot more games to play, and I’m very appreciative of that.

“Hopefully, I think I’ve proven to him I’m capable of stepping in whenever he needs me.

“I have to say thanks to him for giving me the chance as well.”

Five of Spearing’s seven appearances this season have come in the Europa League.

And he added: “It’s got me use to the different styles of play that foreign teams play.

“Obviously, European games that Liverpool play, whether it be Europa League or Champions League, are all massive games.

“It also gives me a chance to show people what I’m made of.

“Especially the games at Anfield – it gives me a chance to show the fans what I’m made of.”

I like  Ayala I genuinely think he could be a very decent CB ....... but for the love of God I pray Spearing doesn't get his wish :D
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Raoul » Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:50 am

Yeah, I was pleasantly surprised by Ayala when he played those games last season. I think I was surprised because he looked like Crouch before Crouch filled out, yet played like a CB! I thought he looked OK, and was a good one for the future. Then we bought Kyrgiakos and he didn't get another look in.

Hopefully we've got a good percentage of his next sale.
"Life is not just about money. There are other things, important things that have a different kind of value. Anyone from Liverpool could tell you that."

- Jamie Carragher
Raoul
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:06 pm

I'd sooner play Ayala or Wilson ahead of Skrtel these days.  I mean that, the lad is a liability.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:08 pm

john craig wrote:I'd sooner play Ayala or Wilson ahead of Skrtel these days.  I mean that, the lad is a liability.

Agreed with that.

I heard Ayala is doing wonders with Hull
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Good Yank » Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:46 pm

Well I had to do some digging to find this thread, but the scrolling paid off.  In the photos and videos of training in China and Malaysia it does look like Ayala has bulked up a little bit and I think alot of people have forgotten about him.  He had a good season at Hull, maybe we aren't as in need of a CB as alot of people are saying. 

Don't read this as me thinking he's nailed on to solve our questions at the back.  I'm just saying, he is an option.
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby Aussie Style » Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:31 pm

Apparently Rafa rated the guy very highly.
Aussie Style
LFC Super Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion