Guillem balague - Rafa nearly quit last week

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby RedBlood » Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:14 am

Effes wrote:
Ciggy wrote:Here we go again..............

Furious Benitez threatens to quit Anfield over Barry bid fiasco

[By JOHN EDWARDS Daily Mail.]

‘I am not irritated or angry, and I want to stress that I have no problems with Liverpool’s owners.

'None at all. It is just that I want to clarify what has happened.’

'The owners have told me there is some money available,so I think we can progress.’

Maybe we're too quick to have a go at the owners here.

Rafa blew £11.5M on Babel - which IMO was a waste.

We could have had someone to cover left midfield if he'd kept that money.

looooooool yeh Babels terrible its not like hes a future star or anything

jesus
RedBlood
LFC Super Member

Postby RedBlood » Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:17 am

peewee wrote:
Effes wrote:

‘I am not irritated or angry, and I want to stress that I have no problems with Liverpool’s owners.

'The owners have told me there is some money available,so I think we can progress.’

didnt you realise yet mate, the owners get the blame for everything on here, eve bad performances.

as far as i can see its rafas toys coming out of the pram again and making sure blame is shifted

PeeWee just admit it lad u hate Rafa coz hes a foriegner

jesus its alright we all know ur right wing
RedBlood
LFC Super Member

Postby Ciggy » Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:19 am

Football: Alonso asks to leave as cracks show in the Liverpool hierarchy

Andy Hunter The Guardian, Saturday August 16 2008 Article history.

The fall-out from Liverpool's arduous pursuit of Gareth Barry continued yesterday when Xabi Alonso asked to leave Anfield and Rafael Benítez revealed evidence of his strained relationship with the club's chief executive, Rick Parry.

Alonso, a recent transfer target for Juventus and Arsenal, wants to be sold having become disillusioned with the manager's attempts to finance the Barry deal by off-loading the Spain international amid concerns that his first team chances will be reduced this season. The 26-year-old has not submitted a transfer request, but has asked the club to renew its efforts to sell him in the coming weeks - a stance that will alert the Arsenal manager, Arsène Wenger.

Arsenal are the only club to have made an official inquiry about Alonso since his proposed transfer to Juventus collapsed over Liverpool's £18m valuation. They too, however, share the Italians' view that Liverpool's price-tag is excessive and are only prepared to pay around £12m for the playmaker who moved to Anfield from Real Sociedad for £10.5m in 2004. Without a compromise from either party Alonso will be left in limbo this season but Benítez remains intent on signing Barry, who is also valued at £18m by Aston Villa, and is prepared to sell his compatriot and/or Jermaine Pennant and Andriy Voronin to fund the transfer of his own accord.

Benítez was refused a short-term loan to complete the Barry transfer last week by the Liverpool owners, Tom Hicks and George Gillett, with Parry, while denying the Americans had not backed their manager's judgement, issuing a statement that confirmed Villa's asking price was "too high". The Liverpool manager has since had e-mail conversations with the Americans and has been told money is available for other transfers. But yesterday he dismissed suggestions he had driven up Barry's price by publicly revealing Liverpool's interest before the end of last season and that the failure to sell Alonso had changed the club's transfer policy. In doing so, he indicated the Liverpool chief executive was accountable for the Barry saga now entering its fourth month.
Last edited by Ciggy on Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:22 am

RedBlood wrote:
peewee wrote:
Effes wrote:

didnt you realise yet mate, the owners get the blame for everything on here, eve bad performances.

as far as i can see its rafas toys coming out of the pram again and making sure blame is shifted

PeeWee just admit it lad u hate Rafa coz hes a foriegner

jesus its alright we all know ur right wing

i hope thats a joke moron. how the feck can i hate foreigners when i live abroad and my fiance is foreign. in fact i prefer a lot of foreigners to some of the english on here

talk sense on this subject or f*ck off.

i dont hate rafa, i just dont think he is everything he is made out to be, he has too many failings that are ignored by the 'in rafa we trust' idiots on here
112-1077774096

Postby 66-1112520797 » Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:22 am

I'm not sure what to think, personally I'm not keen on hearing these articles that Rafa 'was about to quit'. Are these articles made to get LFC fans on side, or are the part of an inevitable build up to Rafa quitting. Saying that once he leaves it was only a matter of  time, as we've heard previous rumours like this before ?

Well maybe they are, but it does appear that Rafa is working with three f.ucking idiots here. It must be hard working with them when all they appear to do is undermine the manager. Have we become like Tottenham where our chief executive and owners decide who is told be brought and sold and for how ever much ?

If its true that Rafa has no real opinion in these matters ala Barry and Alonso deals then surely we're on a downhill slide with these kunts. There isnt two of them, theres three, Parry included.
66-1112520797

Postby Ciggy » Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:23 am

peewee wrote:as far as i can see its rafas toys coming out of the pram again and making sure blame is shifted

Rafa''s toys are not out the pram how does it take that clown Parry 5 months to sign a player that still hasnt signed for us yet?
Simao, Alves, Ronaldo, Owen, Macmanaman the fellas a gobsh1te and needs to go a.s.a.p.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:37 am

Ciggy wrote:
peewee wrote:as far as i can see its rafas toys coming out of the pram again and making sure blame is shifted

Rafa''s toys are not out the pram how does it take that clown Parry 5 months to sign a player that still hasnt signed for us yet?
Simao, Alves, Ronaldo, Owen, Macmanaman the fellas a gobsh1te and needs to go a.s.a.p.

i agree 100% that parry has to go, but i hate the way rafa uses the press to air his grievances, just look at what happened last time with his 'i am concentrating on my team' answers.

he needs to stop behaving this way when something doesn't go his way, he comes across as immature and once again the problem here is with rafa acting like a spoilt kid.

he knows he can say what he wants the majority of blinkered fans will automatically back him and slag the owners
112-1077774096

Postby Ciggy » Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:43 am

peewee wrote:i agree 100% that parry has to go, but i hate the way rafa uses the press to air his grievances, just look at what happened last time with his 'i am concentrating on my team' answers.

he needs to stop behaving this way when something doesn't go his way, he comes across as immature and once again the problem here is with rafa acting like a spoilt kid.

he knows he can say what he wants the majority of blinkered fans will automatically back him and slag the owners

Rafa was stupid saying concentrating on coaching my team 25 times yes he was, but the owners have warned him any more outbursts and your out.

Ive seen the interview he doesnt throw a wobbler at the owners its towards the press and parry.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Effes » Sat Aug 16, 2008 2:02 am

RedBlood wrote:
Effes wrote:

looooooool yeh Babels terrible its not like hes a future star or anything

jesus

jesus my @rse.

Future star? I can't see it at all.
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tonyeh » Sat Aug 16, 2008 2:02 am

I don't like to say it, but I think it's obvious that Rafa's days with Liverpool are numbered, no matter what. There's too much animosity going on all the time and he's made some insistent errors with his management style (zonal marking, etc) that hasn't endeared him to a lot of fans.

But the bottom line is, the club is a shambles in the way that it's run. It's beng handled by people who just don't give a damn and can walk away at any time.

The sad thing is Parry will probably keep his position. You know, there isn't a single Liverpool fan I know that likes this guy.

Another thing, this Garreth Barry issue...at one time I was actually believing it was an elaborate ruse or something, a smoke screen for other buys on the quiet. Now, it looks like a serious attempt. 18 million? Me a*se. Barry's been at Villa for 10 years and I don't really count him as an impact player and certainly not an 18 mil's worth. I can't blame Rafa for being narkey and feeling like telling the lot of em to feck off. But, as much as i disagree with a lot of the things he does, I'll be sorry to see him go.

Tony
tonyeh

Postby Effes » Sat Aug 16, 2008 2:07 am

Re Barry - if Hargreaves and Carrick were the same price (similar age)
Why is Barry not to be valued at that price?

I must admit, I thought Man U got ripped off - but after they paid those prices
everyone else selling an England player will use them as "standards".
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Sat Aug 16, 2008 2:08 am

tonyeh wrote:I don't like to say it, but I think it's obvious that Rafa's days with Liverpool are numbered, no matter what. There's too much animosity going on all the time and he's made some insistent errors with his management style (zonal marking, etc) that hasn't endeared him to a lot of fans.

But the bottom line is, the club is a shambles in the way that it's run. It's beng handled by people who just don't give a damn and can walk away at any time.

The sad thing is Parry will probably keep his position. You know, there isn't a single Liverpool fan I know that likes this guy.

Another thing, this Garreth Barry issue...at one time I was actually believing it was an elaborate ruse or something, a smoke screen for other buys on the quiet. Now, it looks like a serious attempt. 18 million? Me a*se. Barry's been at Villa for 10 years and I don't really count him as an impact player and certainly not an 18 mil's worth. I can't blame Rafa for being narkey and feeling like telling the lot of em to feck off. But, as much as i disagree with a lot of the things he does, I'll be sorry to see him go.

Tony

Good post Tonyeh.

Just on the notion of zonal marking though, we've had some of the best defensive records in the Prem since Rafa arrived, like it or not zonal marking has worked for us in the past.
Last edited by 66-1112520797 on Sat Aug 16, 2008 2:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
66-1112520797

Postby Effes » Sat Aug 16, 2008 2:08 am

tonyeh wrote:he's made some insistent errors with his management style (zonal marking, etc)

Mate - run for cover!
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Sat Aug 16, 2008 2:10 am

Effes wrote:
tonyeh wrote:he's made some insistent errors with his management style (zonal marking, etc)

Mate - run for cover!

:D
66-1112520797

Postby tonyeh » Sat Aug 16, 2008 2:33 am

Bamaga man wrote:
tonyeh wrote:I don't like to say it, but I think it's obvious that Rafa's days with Liverpool are numbered, no matter what. There's too much animosity going on all the time and he's made some insistent errors with his management style (zonal marking, etc) that hasn't endeared him to a lot of fans.

Tony

Good post Tonyeh.

Just on the notion of zonal marking though, we've had some of the best defensive records in the Prem since Rafa arrived, like it or not zonal marking has worked for us in the past.

Well, fair enough...I'm willing to be proven wrong. But every time there's a set piece for the opp...my heart skips a beat.

Tony
tonyeh

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion