Guillem balague - Rafa nearly quit last week

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ciggy » Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:52 pm

KOPMATT wrote:
Ciggy wrote:Unfeckinbelievable GET OUT OF OUR CLUB YOU FUCKIN CLUB  KILLERS  :angry:

Who do you mean ciggy? me?

:angry:  Yer I meant you Kop Matt you little club killer you  :angry:  :D
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby rafa09 » Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:58 pm

Why the feck is coco doing getting involved with transfers? The man could,nt organise a :censored: up in a brewery   :angry:
rafa09

Postby KOPMATT » Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:07 pm

Number 9 wrote:
KOPMATT wrote:
Ciggy wrote:Unfeckinbelievable GET OUT OF OUR CLUB YOU FUCKIN CLUB  KILLERS  :angry:

:laugh:
Paranoid Pete!!

well it come straight after my post? nice one 9
KOPMATT

Postby KOPMATT » Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:08 pm

Ciggy wrote:
KOPMATT wrote:

:angry:  Yer I meant you Kop Matt you little club killer you  :angry:  :D

cheers Cig thought so............... :;):
KOPMATT

Postby KOPMATT » Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:10 pm

So whats next for us now then? Another season of us being draggedthrough the dirt and all the washing out on the line for all to see, plus us getting laughed at from all the ther clubs again, great I can't bloody wait!!! Was looking forward for this season too but.................................................

PS I sent you a personal message i think saint?
KOPMATT

Postby Number 9 » Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:11 pm

I can understand Rafas frustrations with our transfers or lack of should i say.The Gareth Barry debacle dragged on way too long and was embarrassing long ago.It should have been done or we should have moved on weeks ago.At the end of the day if Villas price was too high Parry should have forgot about it.I really feel that in his arrogance he thought to play the waiting game was gonna work and Villa would eventually bow and let the player go for a few million less!
As usual and as ever Parry got it wrong and in the end it looked like he had not got the owners backing anyway.Do they ever communicate for the good of the club?It seems one hand does'nt know what the other is at.

So Raffa is fu'cked off and has every right to be,he's been kept in the dark about Barry and now time is fast running out on us getting   someone else in.I really hope he resists the urge to panic buy though for the sake of it!
What a bunch of w@nkers we have in charge of our club,we hear virtually nothing all summer and then on the eve of our first game of the new campaign it looks like there could be trouble starting just when we least need it.
The truth is there will always be bad feeling at this club now and shi't going on as long as we are owned by sh'it
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby crazyhorse » Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:14 pm

If this is true it speaks volumes for how money has corrupted and spoiled our precious game. A football club needs one person in charge of the team, that means control over all transfers and wages. You need this control if you are going to build a successful squad of players and have a full picture in your own mind of who you can afford to bring in, or who or how many players need to be sold to finance your plans.

Rafa has always come across to me as a football man. Every club needs a MANAGER, not a head coach who controls everything that goes on at the club. A man like Fagan, Shankley, Dalglish, Busby and dare I say if Ferguson.. Look at Manure - Fergie controls it all and the club trust his judgement - do you honestly think Ronaldo would have stayed if the decision had been down to a money man upstairs?? Fergie wanted him to stay so the club backed him.

It is different these days, not for the better either. It is not good enough for Rafa to say that he wants to sign Barry, and for Parry to go get him. It should be for Rafa and O'Neil negotiate, especially as Barry wants the move. I am willing to bet that two football men such as those two would have come to some sort of agreement - remember O'Neil learned his trade under Brian Clough - a man who ran his clubs from top to bottom.

A sad state of affairs. I am not surprised that Rafa thought about walking. What is the point??
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:21 pm

It's an absolute farce that we're still having these problems at board level. Any respectable organisation would have nipped this in the bud a long, long time ago.
If the money is available to sign Barry, and the fee falls within an agreed budget, complete the f*cking deal. This should've been sorted well in advance of the season. As it is, we're heading into an absolutely pivotal season, for us - and for Rafa, without a left sided midfielder worthy of playing regularly. Fair? Reasonable? No. As opposed to being angry, I actually thought Rafa looked more drained/upset by this latest episode, which would fit in with the line that, recently, he has seriously contemplated his future at the club.
How can we move forward if we still have problems unresolved at board level? It's impossible, and the view that actions at board level have no bearing on the ability of Rafa to do his job, and hence ability to achieve results on the pitch, is blind at best.

Sabre:
In the case of Barry I understand Rafa's anger. Too much money quoted for a player? what's the difference 3-4 M? then don't buy another keeper and make it happen.

If the article is correct, in relation to our ability to sign Barry - it wouldn't make a blind bit of difference if we'd have kept the £3m we used to sign Cavalieri, as apparently the owners don't view him as value for money.
LFC2007

Postby Number 9 » Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:30 pm

Ya know the more i think about it,its the timing of this coming out thats the worst part despite the facts in the article!
Who released it?Was it Ballague?
If it was he can go fu'ck himself,he would have been better advised to keep his mouth shut.The release of this now will do no one any good,least of all our players!
He'd have been better off saying nothing...typical journalist though cant keep his piehole shut and enjoys peddling controversy!
Raffas mate my @rse....hes no different than the rest of them
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:32 pm

Maybe Rafa wanted him to say something on it. To let it be known to the fans what is going on and how pi$$ed off he is at the moment
Last edited by Dundalk on Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:34 pm

Number 9 wrote:Ya know the more i think about it,its the timing of this coming out thats the worst part despite the facts in the article!
Who released it?Was it Ballague?

I believe on Rafas orders to let us know that more sh.it is going down.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:38 pm

Dundalk wrote:Maybe Rafa wanted him to say something on it. To let it be known to the fans what is going on and how pi$$ed off he is at the moment

Maybe mate but I cant see it!
I dont see how it benefits anyone or does anything positive for the club...after all he is staying as manager!

The thing is all our focus needs to be on football,distractions like this are unhealthy for the club as a whole.
There was no need for this to be brought out now the day before we start our biggest season in years!
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:42 pm

Rafa and ballague are friends ,so imo Rafa would have given the nod for ballague to write this artical . The sh!t is well and truly going to hit the fan tomorrow ,especially when the press pick up on it. The yanks are shafting rafa goodstyle and this is the only way he can fight back .
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:58 pm

skatesy wrote:If Rafa was really close with this guy and Rafa trusted him so much that he would tell him personal information like this do you think that Guillem would then go out and publicize it? I don't think so. If he did then I am sure that Rafa would A) not told him in the first place or, B) not be associated with him.

Rafa is not going to be going and telling people personal information like this if he knows that it is going to get out into the public.

Thats why I think Balague here is talking alot of b*llox!
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:58 pm

Here we go again..............

Furious Benitez threatens to quit Anfield over Barry bid fiasco

[By JOHN EDWARDS Daily Mail.]

Rafa Benitez threatened to quit as Liverpool manager in a furious response to being denied the chance to sign Gareth Barry.

Believing his judgment in the transfer market had been called into question by American owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett, Benitez was on the point of walking away from Anfield, until being talked out of it by friends.

Opening up on the Barry saga, Benitez absolved himself of blame for failing to land the England midfielder but still found himself saddled with another unhappy player over Liverpool’s summer-long transfer stand-off with Aston Villa.

Already at loggerheads with full-back Steve Finnan over attempts to include him as a makeweight for Barry, Benitez has now been informed that Xabi Alonso is considering his future after being made available to Juventus and Arsenal.

Both clubs viewed a £16million asking price as excessive, and decided against following up their interest, but the Spain midfielder is unhappy at attempts to squeeze him out to make way for Barry.

As Alonso weighed up his options, ahead of the Barclays Premier League opener at Sunderland, Benitez risked more friction behind the scenes by distancing himself from the wrangle over Barry’s £18m valuation and seeming to point the finger at chief executive Rick Parry.

‘Some people seem to blame me for everything, from global warming to petrol prices,’ said the Liverpool manager, who has also tried to offload Jermaine Pennant to raise funds for Villa’s England midfielder.

‘So I want to make things clear over what has happened between us and Aston Villa.

‘I talked to Martin O’Neill about Barry in April but have not spoken to anyone at Aston Villa since.

'In the intervening months, all the talks have been between Rick Parry and Aston Villa’s owner and chief executive.

'The talks have been pretty good, but they are the ones involved, not me.

‘I was not conducting any talks with Villa about Gareth Barry or with Arsenal about Xabi Alonso.

'If you want to know about negotiations over players, you must contact Rick Parry.

'If it is about football, ask me.

‘I am not irritated or angry, and I want to stress that I have no problems with Liverpool’s owners.

'None at all. It is just that I want to clarify what has happened.’

While Benitez refuses to give upon eventually prising Barry away from Villa, he confirmed his main focus has switched to providing creativity on the left flank.
Alonso

Xabi Alonso is thought to be considering his future after an unsettling summer at Anfield

‘I am happy with my squad and will continue trying to improve and move forward with the players already here,’ he said.

‘But we do need to do something about the left of midfield.

'The owners have told me there is some money available,so I think we can progress.’

Benitez insisted he was heartened by his players’ response to their midweek Champions’ League woes against Standard Liege.

‘I was as surprised as anyone by how poorly we played, but the reaction was exactly what I was looking for,’ he said.

‘Maybe it was a wake-up call in Belgium, because the mood has been very positive and determined ever since we got back.

‘One or two players were below par on Wednesday, and it seemed to become contagious.

But what I have seen since tells me it hasn’t affected the confidence that built up during the pre-season games.

They seem to have got it out of their systems, and I am very optimistic we will start the season well.’

If Liverpool do not start the season well, Villa striker John Carew believes their top-four slot could be vulnerable, and says his side could be the surprise package.

‘Our goal is to even better than sixth this season,’ he said, ‘it looks as though the squad is being bigger than last year.

‘At one point last year, we were close to Liverpool, so there is no reason for us not to believe that we can't reach the top four.

'To do that we are going to have to do better than Liverpool.

'That’s my belief and I hope it is the belief of everyone at the club.'

‘I see the young players getting better and better.

'The way Gabby Agbonlahor and Ashley Young handle everything — on and off the pitch — it’s like they have been playing the game for years.

‘They cope with the pressure and the fuss.

'It's not always easy for young players. They are so relaxed, clear and what they are doing and they are able to focus. They are good at that age.'

http://www.mailonsunday.co.uk/sport....TO=1490

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion