Guillem balague on sky's revista

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Alonso14 » Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:03 am

edited.
Last edited by Alonso14 on Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Alonso14
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:25 am

I'm hung up on Tevez  :love: :D  I like him as a player, I know he isnt a prolific striker but still he's a player I'd manage tp squeeze into our team. When I see 17 million for Bent and 17 million for Torres who I've only seen a few times. I think 30 Million sounds a deal for Torres. Torres is hardly Ian Rush infront of goal, I wouldnt pay that kind of price for a striker who misses more than he nets.
Tevez is a different player, and IMHO he wouldnt be brought in to get goals as specifically as Torres or Bent would. I'd try and get another player in, maybe Ashton Stu :D .

But 17 million for a striker who isnt prolific is a waste of money IMO, of course he will offer other things towards the team, but we have that already in Crouch and Kuyt so, all in all for me, I wouldnt like to see Rafa blow 17 Million on Torres.
Last edited by 66-1112520797 on Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
66-1112520797

Postby GRAHAM01 » Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:29 am

s@int wrote:
GRAHAM01 wrote:liverpool are ment to have offered 25 mil but they are holding for 27 which is his buy out price, thay are now also talking about garcia going plus cash??

i think we will get him but it`s just a matter of the what and howes now

Euros or pounds? I wouldnt pay more than £20million tops for Torres, £12million and Garcia maybe.

pounds i believe mate

i think it will work out some thing like 18 mil plus garcia but will have to wait and see? ???
if you want some come get some!
GRAHAM01
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:43 am

Bamaga man wrote:I'm hung up on Tevez  :love: :D  I like him as a player, I know he isnt a prolific striker but still he's a player I'd manage tp squeeze into our team. When I see 17 million for Bent and 17 million for Torres who I've only seen a few times. I think 30 Million sounds a deal for Torres. Torres is hardly Ian Rush infront of goal, I wouldnt pay that kind of price for a striker who misses more than he nets.
Tevez is a different player, and IMHO he wouldnt be brought in to get goals as specifically as Torres or Bent would. I'd try and get another player in, maybe Ashton Stu :D .

But 17 million for a striker who isnt prolific is a waste of money IMO, of course he will offer other things towards the team, but we have that already in Crouch and Kuyt so, all in all for me, I wouldnt like to see Rafa blow 17 Million on Torres.

I think we have missed a Tevez like player for a long long time (since Beardsley), the nearest we have had in the recent past is Murphy (Litmanen never got a chance really) I was just wondering if maybe Torres might be able to play that roll of creative second striker. He has pace, strength and the touch to have a chance, not sure if he has the vision and cool mindset though.

Might Torres be a cheaper alternative to Tevez?

10 -15 Goals would be a good return for a second striker as long as the main striker is getting 20ish.
account deleted by request

Postby Rimetto_ » Thu Jun 21, 2007 12:16 pm

Ian Rush's Right foot wrote:Torres is far too overated, i'd prefer Forlan & Owen for the same money & keep little Luis.

Yes Torres playes for a poor team but i don't tink he's cut it over here in the prem'

how can you say he won't amke it over here when you are wanting forlan !!!!!

don't you realise he's the same player that played for utd.  ???
Rimetto_

Postby Ade » Thu Jun 21, 2007 1:09 pm

Hope this isn't anywhere near true.

http://www.football365.com/story/0,17033,8652_2431123,00.html

£45m for Forlan and Torres would pretty much leave us cleaned out of funds for a new left back and two wingers. Not to mention the sheer lunacy of blowing money like that on a Premiership flop and a player who clearly divides opinion.

If, and it's a big if, we are gonna spend £45m on two players, let it be Tevez plus one, ffs. For this money, it could be Tevez plus Silva, Alves, Quaresma or Owen.

Hopefully it's a cobbled together bit of gossip
Ade
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Italian Job 2005 » Thu Jun 21, 2007 1:16 pm

Im genuinely excited about the prospect of Torres ending up at Liverpool.  The guy has a good first touch, vision and importantly pace.  Just because he's had a mediocre season this year by his high standards doesnt mean he is any worse of a player.  He had an excellent world cup in 2006 and at that time was being chased by every major club on the continent.  It was only atleticos refusal to sell and Torres desire to remain put that meant he didnt end up at somewhere like chelsea.  If we have an oppurunity to buy this guy then i say go for it.  He is still young which is incredible considering he has been on the scene for a good four years or so.  I can see him and kuyt being a great partnership.
The Italian Job 2005

Postby Lando_Griffin » Thu Jun 21, 2007 1:23 pm

Bamaga man wrote:I'm hung up on Tevez  :love: :D  I like him as a player, I know he isnt a prolific striker but still he's a player I'd manage tp squeeze into our team. When I see 17 million for Bent and 17 million for Torres who I've only seen a few times. I think 30 Million sounds a deal for Torres. Torres is hardly Ian Rush infront of goal, I wouldnt pay that kind of price for a striker who misses more than he nets.

To be fair to him, he's got a better strike-rate than Rooney.

Torres:

96 goals in 254 matches = a goal every 2.65 games.

Spooney:

68 goals in 205 games = a goal every 3.01 games.

I know they're different, but at the end of the day, they're still both strikers, and fat boy Spoon has played for a much higher-scoring team than Torres ever has.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Thu Jun 21, 2007 1:25 pm

GUILLEM SAYS: Atletico will keep hold of Aguero and Maxi, plus they are after Reyes. They are also interested in Diego Forlan as they need a striker because they feel that Fernando Torres wants to move on. Inter Milan are interested in him and in England only Liverpool are interested. We have mentioned here previously that Fernando Torres is the bargain of the summer. The player, only 23, is very willing to abandon Atletico Madrid, which for the 8th consecutive year out of Europe. It is only fair that he is given a chance with a potentially more successful club as he is probably one of the most talented players (if not the most) never to have played in European competition. Torres loves the idea of going to Liverpool. Rafa Benítez is seriously considering it. Does that mean that the transfer will take place? Of course not, but this is what Liverpool would get: someone that will complement well with Kuyt, someone that will please media, fans and Liverpool players as he is quality, someone who works hard in training, who almost never misses a game even half injured, someone that keeps pointing out Liverpool as his preferred choice (and not Man U or Chelsea). But probably the doubts of Benitez go on this direction: why has he not progressed in the last couple of seasons? Has he reached some kind of top and will he not get better? What seems clear is that Torres will probably not be an immediate success, he will need a full season to adapt his style and his ways to the new league, but if people are patient with him, he could become one of the top strikers in Europe. His price is very high (his buy out clause could be reduced to 30 odd or even less if a player is included in the deal) and that is surely holding Benitez back. But I am convinced it will not be money badly spent if the deal goes through.

Balague seems to rate Torres, but seems to think he will need at least a season before we get the best out of him. I just hope the rumours about Forlan are wrong, I can try to see the up side of signing Torres, but Forlan .................. :(
account deleted by request

Postby Sabre » Thu Jun 21, 2007 1:42 pm

Balague should tell more things to put the things into the correct context, but I guess that bits are kept for the books he sells in England.

Atletico Madrid always want everybody, and if you ask them they'll admit it. But another thing is what they eventually achieve :D Meaning, they were pretty sure they'd count with Alonso the season that has ended :D They always have 8 or 9 targets and they always seem to be strongest team next season. Then they always fail.

Atletico Madrid is known as "El Pupas", A pupas here is some poor idiot that he has all sort of bad luck and everything happen to them, meaning, if a plane is broken, it's Atletico plane, they always have more injuries than anybody, and all that. Some sort of a jinx, but in a joke sense.

Don't take seriously what Atletico wants, and this is not a prediction, is the voice of experience :D You can ask Huck, our Madrid correspondant, I think he'll agree and add a bit of detail to this.
Last edited by Sabre on Thu Jun 21, 2007 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Thu Jun 21, 2007 1:49 pm

s@int wrote:GUILLEM SAYS: Atletico will keep hold of Aguero and Maxi, plus they are after Reyes. They are also interested in Diego Forlan as they need a striker because they feel that Fernando Torres wants to move on. Inter Milan are interested in him and in England only Liverpool are interested. We have mentioned here previously that Fernando Torres is the bargain of the summer. The player, only 23, is very willing to abandon Atletico Madrid, which for the 8th consecutive year out of Europe. It is only fair that he is given a chance with a potentially more successful club as he is probably one of the most talented players (if not the most) never to have played in European competition. Torres loves the idea of going to Liverpool. Rafa Benítez is seriously considering it. Does that mean that the transfer will take place? Of course not, but this is what Liverpool would get: someone that will complement well with Kuyt, someone that will please media, fans and Liverpool players as he is quality, someone who works hard in training, who almost never misses a game even half injured, someone that keeps pointing out Liverpool as his preferred choice (and not Man U or Chelsea). But probably the doubts of Benitez go on this direction: why has he not progressed in the last couple of seasons? Has he reached some kind of top and will he not get better? What seems clear is that Torres will probably not be an immediate success, he will need a full season to adapt his style and his ways to the new league, but if people are patient with him, he could become one of the top strikers in Europe. His price is very high (his buy out clause could be reduced to 30 odd or even less if a player is included in the deal) and that is surely holding Benitez back. But I am convinced it will not be money badly spent if the deal goes through.

Balague seems to rate Torres, but seems to think he will need at least a season before we get the best out of him. I just hope the rumours about Forlan are wrong, I can try to see the up side of signing Torres, but Forlan .................. :(

Any one getting the impression tha Balague is Torres' agent or something?  :D  He seems to be single handedly trying to push this deal through.

He does bring up the question that seems to be forefront in a lot of peoples minds, why has he been so poor in the last coulpe of years, and CAN he improve by moving? It's this doubt that has me questioning why would anyone (not just us) spend the best part of 30m on him.
At 23 he has got time on his side and unlike Morientes may be in more of a position to adapt to the difference in the two leagues due to his younger years.

Compared to Forlan I'd have Torres in a heartbeat as I just can't justify or understand why we'd spend 15m+ on Forlan who has already failed in this league. The odds on Forlan failing again would seriously be stacked in favour of him doing just that IMO.
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Thu Jun 21, 2007 2:00 pm

Sabre wrote:Balague should tell more things to put the things into the correct context, but I guess that bits are kept for the books he sells in England.

Atletico Madrid always want everybody, and if you ask them they'll admit it. But another thing is what they eventually achieve :D Meaning, they were pretty sure they'd count with Alonso the season that has ended :D They always have 8 or 9 targets and they always seem to be strongest team next season. Then they always fail.

Atletico Madrid is known as "El Pupas", A pupas here is some poor idiot that he has all sort of bad luck and everything happen to them, meaning, if a plane is broken, it's Atletico plane, they always have more injuries than anybody, and all that. Some sort of a jinx, but in a joke sense.

Don't take seriously what Atletico wants, and this is not a prediction, is the voice of experience :D You can ask Huck, our Madrid correspondant, I think he'll agree and add a bit of detail to this.

So basically Atletico Madrid are the spanish equivalent of Newcastle & Spurs all rolled into one.  :D
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Thu Jun 21, 2007 2:26 pm

hot off the press:

stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby wee_boi888 » Thu Jun 21, 2007 2:44 pm

Now now, that's not being nice St Mick
wee_boi888
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Thu Jun 21, 2007 2:48 pm

stmichael wrote:hot off the press:

Haha thats brilliant mate, sent that round our work, everyone's falling for it  :laugh:

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion