Reporting posts to moderators. - A couple of pointers.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 112-1077774096 » Tue May 08, 2007 8:42 am

112-1077774096

Postby Sabre » Tue May 08, 2007 8:46 am

babu wrote:I like jonnymac's answer to most of these questions.

we are all adults apart from dward (who we can all learn from, IMO) so SELF MODERATING is the key.

some would say that's just lazy moderating :D (sry jmac) but i reckon that's the best form of moderation.

I'm looking forward to read Jonnymac too.

But you have a very wise point there with the comment on self-moderating. We all have opinions of people, but people must learn to keep those to themselves or in private messages, not bother the houndreds of users of this forum with it.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Tue May 08, 2007 8:50 am

Sabre wrote:
babu wrote:I like jonnymac's answer to most of these questions.

we are all adults apart from dward (who we can all learn from, IMO) so SELF MODERATING is the key.

some would say that's just lazy moderating :D (sry jmac) but i reckon that's the best form of moderation.

I'm looking forward to read Jonnymac too.

But you have a very wise point there with the comment on self-moderating. We all have opinions of people, but people must learn to keep those to themselves or in private messages, not bother the houndreds of users of this forum with it.

Pot/kettle/black.
66-1112520797

Postby 112-1077774096 » Tue May 08, 2007 8:51 am

i can see that your sig is aimed at keeping all the forum happy, start practicisng what you preach and people may take notice
112-1077774096

Postby Sabre » Tue May 08, 2007 8:54 am

What? my sig? it's just a suggestion to discuss about football in the proper places, and joke in the proper places. Should not disturb anybody that, should it?

I can't believe you're talking about flaming sigs  :D

Anyhow, I see your friends around so that means you might be tempted to start another fight. And this morning I've got things to do. See you all.

:laugh:
Last edited by Sabre on Tue May 08, 2007 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Tue May 08, 2007 8:57 am

like i have said sabre, there will be no fighting from me and no gloating from me, i had to do nothing in the end, you did it all yourself and are continuing to do it. i am amazed that you still think i can influence people on here and they cant form their own opinions about you

i am chilled as chilled can be, nothing you can say will change that
112-1077774096

Postby Leonmc0708 » Tue May 08, 2007 9:04 am

Rafa-Dodd wrote:Recently I've been whacking the button "report a mod" because of all the touts invading the site. Do you want me to stop doing this?

???

Yes I do mate.
Last edited by Leonmc0708 on Tue May 08, 2007 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Tue May 08, 2007 9:08 am

1st may 1965, the day my sister was born, also famous for another reason and real liverpool supporters will know this date.

yes the day we first won the FA cup by beating leeds at wembley, was my dad at the birth/ was he bollox he was at wembley watching the reds. anyway the point of the story is that in those days my father and his friends would happily relieve tickets off touts and sell them at face value to passers by and then give the tout face value so he couldnt really complain.

now with size of you leonn maybe you can adopt this tactic   :D
112-1077774096

Postby jkop » Tue May 08, 2007 11:49 am

s@int wrote:I blame rotation and our early season form. Of our three big signings only one has been an unqualified success (I doubt we will get much for the other two now) Our established stars haven't been able to dominate the game in the way they should have because of off field distractions such as children, alcohol and trying to have a life.

We need more quality,not more squad players, whether the proposed takeover by the Asia based businessman ever happens or not. I realise that now we are playing with a reduced squad things may be more difficult, but we still expect results. The CL final will no doubt add further demands of our team but I am confident that if we support them as only we can, they will respond to the challenge and any Milan threats will soon disappear.

:laugh:
Were not Brazil were Norn Iron.
          Faugh a Ballagh.
                YNWA
        Healy......Healy !!!!!
jkop
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Tue May 08, 2007 11:59 am

hey mick, how do you post PM's to more than one user?
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Tue May 08, 2007 12:01 pm

Lee J

hey mick, how do you post PM's to more than one user?

You just have to put the names of the guys, one per line. I think there's a text in the inbox that tells you how to do it.

Speaking of unattended PMs, I hope LFC will have some spare time soon to remove my mod status. I want to recover my orange color as soon as possible. :p
Last edited by Sabre on Tue May 08, 2007 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Tue May 08, 2007 12:37 pm

Im stunned. I cannot for the life of me imagine a world where, as adults (as the greater majority of us remain - i think?) would wish, or even NEED to resolve our grievances in any other manner than face to face (clearly you'll understand what i mean by that) - text to text then..if you want to be pedantic.  Running off to tell teach?  you may as well go the whole hog and consider yourself a fully blown 'Grass'. And nobody deserves the time of day for that. Stand your own corner.

Wtf!  Do people really lack the bollox to front out their beefs with the actual fella involved?  In favour of crying to one of the Mods... i thought this was a joke thread at first.

I can fully understand the theory being put to good use against the WUM's and all the Nonces we get in here...but come on!  grow some b@lls and face yer own music.  Instead of getting these lads to do it. (and then to go and castigate 'em for it after the horse has bolted in the process!!)   ???   unreal.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby EddieC » Tue May 08, 2007 12:54 pm

I've only ever reported one person on here, and that was the tout I reported to you the other day Mick.

Apart from that, any other grievances I've had I've sorted myself, either in a thread or by PM. Only time I'd consider reporting a post is if it's a tout, a WUM, or if someone else is geting picked on who doesn't seem able to stand up for themselves.
EddieC
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Tue May 08, 2007 1:08 pm

Pretty much everyone has only pressed the button a couple of times to be honest and I'm not complaining about anyone in particular. That said, there are a lot of members on here at any one time so they do add up. Like I said my beef is not really with any members in particular (and if you trawl through the thread you'll see the difficulty it is possible to run into if I mention anybodies name, even in jest) it is more, as I've said all along with people not offering an explanation for their pressing of the button.

Like I said earlier, one particular poster complained about the Thierry henri to Liverpool for 15 million thread and I can't for the life of me find anything wrong with it, though I did spend a fair bit of time looking and even longer explaining my point. It was suggested that perhaps I should pm the poster in question and ask him what his problem is, presumeably once he replied I could take steps to address his issue. Then again I do have to go to work during the day and do have a couple of young kids and a life as well so I would contest that my suggestion visa-vis people either pm'ing the mods, or (and to be truthful this is a much better idea) another posters idea of people putting a reason in the box when they hit the button (I must confess I didn't know it was possible to do so) is probably a better solution.

Like I've said from the start, complain by all means but just give us a bit of a chance.
Last edited by bigmick on Tue May 08, 2007 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Tue May 08, 2007 1:17 pm

I'm not really sure how the report this post to a mod really works Mick. If I pressed it by accident or out of curiosity, would you automatically get a PM or do you get another option screen?
account deleted by request

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion