Glen johnson out........a good thing? i think so

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Owzat » Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:49 am

Big Niall wrote:Garreth Barry is shiit but our chump manager thought he is better than Alonso. HE also though a cash strapped club should spend 18m on a full back.

The manager is krap and should have been fired long ago - total spoofer and out of his depth.

The majority of fans are stupid are believe you should cheer for the manager, hence we gave him a contract a year ago.

We cannot afford to sack the useless man, so are stuck with him. Hopefully some club will want him in the summer because he is shiit and we will never win the league with the useless chump.

You do realise that the Alonso-Aquilani deal meant we swapped Alonso for Aquilani and made a £10m profit - or did we? By that I mean did we get a player as good as Alonso or a £10m+ weaker player and £10m disappeared into the ether. Either way I think that deal could lose us more than £10m through failures in the Champions League and potentially to qualify for it next season.

£30m for Alonso maybe is good business on the face of it, but I think perhaps Rafa should be given a £7.5m spending limit on any one player as he seems extravagant come wasteful when given £16m+ to spend on a player - Torres excepted, Atletico should have held out for more.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:30 am

Owzat wrote:
Big Niall wrote:Garreth Barry is shiit but our chump manager thought he is better than Alonso. HE also though a cash strapped club should spend 18m on a full back.

The manager is krap and should have been fired long ago - total spoofer and out of his depth.

The majority of fans are stupid are believe you should cheer for the manager, hence we gave him a contract a year ago.

We cannot afford to sack the useless man, so are stuck with him. Hopefully some club will want him in the summer because he is shiit and we will never win the league with the useless chump.

You do realise that the Alonso-Aquilani deal meant we swapped Alonso for Aquilani and made a £10m profit - or did we? By that I mean did we get a player as good as Alonso or a £10m+ weaker player and £10m disappeared into the ether. Either way I think that deal could lose us more than £10m through failures in the Champions League and potentially to qualify for it next season.

£30m for Alonso maybe is good business on the face of it, but I think perhaps Rafa should be given a £7.5m spending limit on any one player as he seems extravagant come wasteful when given £16m+ to spend on a player - Torres excepted, Atletico should have held out for more.

How about Masch?
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:33 am

I would prefer Barry over Aqualiani. So would most i'd imagine.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:42 am

SouthCoastShankly wrote:

I would prefer Barry over Aqualiani. So would most i'd imagine.

Depends on the league. Aquilani is technically better and more creative with better vision. In Europe I'd rather have Aquilani. Barry chose another team over us so feck him, i hope he never plays CL.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ben Patrick » Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:50 am

So far to me the Aquilani signing appears to be similar to the Diouf one at the end of Houlliers management.
So close to the title last season then when you need to make a signing to keep things going you have to get it right.
Rafa appears to have got this one horribly wrong though.
Losing Alonso was a major blow, but replacing him with a player that isnt suitable was even worse.
Criminal error and one that will result in the manager losing his job at the end of the season imo.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby Fowler_E7 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:19 pm

Ben Patrick wrote:So far to me the Aquilani signing appears to be similar to the Diouf one at the end of Houlliers management.
So close to the title last season then when you need to make a signing to keep things going you have to get it right.
Rafa appears to have got this one horribly wrong though.
Losing Alonso was a major blow, but replacing him with a player that isnt suitable was even worse.
Criminal error and one that will result in the manager losing his job at the end of the season imo.

agree 100%, i think the Aquilaini signing will be the final nail in Benitez's coffin. Looks a complete blunder so far, especially the talent that was available in the summer, Wesley Snijder went for cheaper, and Van Der vart was available for under £10m. Terrible decision IMO
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:32 pm

Acqulani is a poor mans Patrik Berger but we handed over £20m notes for his services.Makes you want to weep watching the lad trying to live up to the fee let alone the fact we paid it.I think Johnsons a good player but the price was far too high for us under the circumstances at the club.£16m for a forward yes but not a right back no chance.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby Big Niall » Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:57 pm

DiD benitez ignore Acquilini's injury record?

Why buy a crock?
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby muzza798 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:58 pm

Lol Aquilani is a class player, has barely played this season and is still young. Let me just remind you all of how long it takes alot of players to settle down in the prem. Drogba was dredful for years until he finally came good. Come on guys. Aqua is a talented player who has had really good games and come Christmas next season im certain he'll be solid as a rock. Atleast out of this whole mess Lucas has emerged as a half decent replacement.

With a full squad and a couple of 15 mil players next year we'll be a force.
muzza798

Postby Big Niall » Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:58 pm

Johnson's okay but if you are going to spend 18m on a full back then you better be Man City with hundreds of millions to spend, not blowing your whole kitty on a full back and a crock(acquilini not johnson).
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sir Roger » Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:54 am

muzza798 wrote:Lol Aquilani is a class player, has barely played this season and is still young. Let me just remind you all of how long it takes alot of players to settle down in the prem. Drogba was dredful for years until he finally came good. Come on guys. Aqua is a talented player who has had really good games and come Christmas next season im certain he'll be solid as a rock. Atleast out of this whole mess Lucas has emerged as a half decent replacement.

With a full squad and a couple of 15 mil players next year we'll be a force.

According to LFCtv he has made 9 league appearances
He has had 4 starts and 5 sub appearances
We have won 5 drawn 3 and lost 1 when he has played
He has 2 assists (one more than Lucas)

Imagine what he could do if he wasnt so sh'it

:eyebrow
Sir Roger
LFC Super Member

Postby LittleHobo » Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:21 pm

amazes me how fast people have been to label aqua "flop" or "not good enough" or " :censored:"

i remember drogbas first season....not impressive

i remember henry in his first 15 games for arsenal....not impressive

i remember bergkamps first half of his first season...not impressive
LittleHobo
LFC Super Member

Postby maguskwt » Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:18 pm

This is Glen Johnson thread no?
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:04 pm

Bit of a dilema here for me . Do we play Johnson  and start scoring goals again and conceding goals again or stick with the strong defense and trying to nick one . Maybe we could play kelly at right back and johnson at right mid.
Last edited by Igor Zidane on Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fauxy » Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:26 pm

Id keep him at right back.

He seemed like he was improving his defence before he got injured.

V Man U he was really good at defending because he didnt get forward very much which shows he is capable of defending.
Fauxy

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion