Gerrard injured - Out for 10 days

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby J*o*n*D*o*e » Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:28 pm

from .tv

Steven Gerrard has been ruled out of England's friendly with Germany in Berlin on Wednesday after suffering an injury during yesterday's 2-0 win over Bolton Wanderers.
Liverpool FC spokesman Ian Cotton said: "Steven picked up an injury in yesterday's game at Bolton.

"A scan this morning has confirmed a tear in the adductor magnus muscle in his right leg, and he is expected to be out between seven to 10 days."

nice timing  :D
ImageImage
J*o*n*D*o*e

Postby destro » Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:30 pm

Torres didn't look to sharp after the Bolton game to, are you listening Raffa :;):
destro

Postby Koptite » Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:36 pm

not heard about this but hey if it does'nt effect us then who cares
Koptite

Postby tubby » Sun Nov 16, 2008 9:06 pm

Just as well. Even Fergie pulled out Rooney and Ferdinand. Is Spain playing? I hope Torres only players 45 mins if so...
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby roberto green » Sun Nov 16, 2008 9:18 pm

Spain should do us a favour seeing that he always seems to get injured with them they should not play for this friendly for the trouble they have caused us
roberto green

Postby roberto green » Sun Nov 16, 2008 9:19 pm

bavlondon wrote:Just as well. Even Fergie pulled out Rooney and Ferdinand. Is Spain playing? I hope Torres only players 45 mins if so...

Spain should do us a favour seeing that he always seems to get injured with them they should not play for this friendly for the trouble they have caused us
roberto green

Postby aCe' » Sun Nov 16, 2008 9:24 pm

Funny how almost everyone in that England lineup ends up injured a week before a friendly...

joe hart, A.cole, g.Neville, Ferdinand, Terry, Gerrard, Heskey, Rooney.... and i expect more..

hehehe... have a good one Capello
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sun Nov 16, 2008 9:37 pm

roberto green wrote:
bavlondon wrote:Just as well. Even Fergie pulled out Rooney and Ferdinand. Is Spain playing? I hope Torres only players 45 mins if so...

Well hopefully Del Bosque will realise he isnt fully fit yet and wont risk him. Im sure Rafa has personally spoken to him.

Anyway feck England it's only a friendly anyway.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bam » Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:14 am

Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard has reported for England duty, even though his club had already ruled him out of the midweek friendly with Germany.

The Reds announced that Gerrard had suffered a groin injury during the weekend clash with Bolton which would rule him out of the trip to Berlin on Wednesday.

However, Fabio Capello has instructed Gerrard to report with the rest of the squad so he can be assessed by England's own medical team.

Gerrard has now linked up with the party but he appears highly unlikely to make the trip.

Skipper John Terry is also a major doubt with a foot injury although after a scan it was decided he should link-up with the squad.

The Football Association confirmed that a decision on both players would be made on Monday.

Manchester City keeper Joe Hart was ruled out of the squad on Sunday and was replaced by Paul Robinson.

from sly

Forum Discourse
Bam
LFC Super Member

Postby RedBen » Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:58 am

:censored:, Capello is smarter than we thought it seems

:D
RedBen
LFC Super Member

Postby tonyeh » Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:24 am

Robbie Keane is out of the Irish friendly too due to "injury".

The only injury I saw on Saturday was poor Daniel Agger, who bravely sacrificed a tooth for Liverpool, by knocking it out with his knee.

That lad has been in the wars lately, he dislocated two fingers the week before!
tonyeh

Postby Toffeehater » Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:34 am

Capello is a :censored: , did he ask rooney , rio and brown to report so that they can be assessed . It's always liverpool players who get this kind og :censored:
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redman in wales » Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:38 am

Toffeehater wrote:Capello is a :censored: , did he ask rooney , rio and brown to report so that they can be assessed . It's always liverpool players who get this kind og :censored:

Terry's been told to report to... despite chelsea saying he's injured
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:50 am

Isn't this the THIRD International break already this season? And we're only into November and a third of the way through the Premiership. All that for a pointless friendly in Germany, I'm not against playing Internationals but pointless friendlies just lead to unneccessary injuries and that can be detrimental to the country as well as the club. Why doesn't Cappello just pick on a volunteer only basis for friendlies, then all the villa players can get their caps and show us just how over-rated they are, while the good players get a decent break. Makes more sense to rest the best and give games to the rest, see who can come in when a player's injured instead of running the risk of injuring them with excess football.

What can Cappello learn about Gerrard from a friendly? What will the Spanish coach learn about Torres? Zip. It's in the qualifiers and tournaments it matters, Torres has proved what he can do and he's coming back from injury. Who ever said International coaches had any sense though?
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:54 am

Redman in wales wrote:
Toffeehater wrote:Capello is a :censored: , did he ask rooney , rio and brown to report so that they can be assessed . It's always liverpool players who get this kind og :censored:

Terry's been told to report to... despite chelsea saying he's injured

SO basically every club has to send their players except manu who have only claimed that carrick is fit enough to go .
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion