Worried? no new signings in time for grazer ak - Gerrard injured, le tallec out on loan

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby azriahmad » Thu Aug 05, 2004 2:48 pm

Moores has been bankrolling the club and bridged cashflow shortfall that it has been reported that he has advanced some 10 million of his own money. Qualification to the CL Group stage is as lucrative as 10 to 15 million minimum extra revenue.

My point is that why doesn't he bankroll on a short term basis to get a midfielder and recoup back when Liverpool earn the CL Group stage money. Just a thought.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby barnesrush » Thu Aug 05, 2004 2:51 pm

cos unfortunately its still an if rather than a when. remember leeds borrowing against expected future income???
cut me and i bleed red
barnesrush

Postby ivor_the_injun » Thu Aug 05, 2004 2:53 pm

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz all you want.

To be honest, my main complaint isn't the lack of signings. If the type of names being bandied about are Graveson, I'd rather he didn't sign anybody.

On the back of serious injury to Smicer and the fact that Stevie's on the treatment table, why did Rafa go through with Le Tallec's loan deal? Wouldn't it have made far more sense to keep him at LFC for the two qualifying games, and then let him go? I'm sure the transfer window and rules on loan deals would've allowed this to happen, and it's not as if St Etienne have any massively important games in the next few weeks.

Christ, I shudder to think what our bench is going to look like for the Grazer AK matches.
ivor_the_injun

Postby 72-1090627431 » Thu Aug 05, 2004 2:55 pm

azriahmad wrote:Moores has been bankrolling the club and bridged cashflow shortfall that it has been reported that he has advanced some 10 million of his own money. Qualification to the CL Group stage is as lucrative as 10 to 15 million minimum extra revenue.

My point is that why doesn't he bankroll on a short term basis to get a midfielder and recoup back when Liverpool earn the CL Group stage money. Just a thought.

you should not assume that we are already there! it could be a potential banana skin
72-1090627431

Postby ivor_the_injun » Thu Aug 05, 2004 2:57 pm

Like I've said before, a reasonably strong Arsenal side struggled to impress against them last month (2-1 in the end), and we're potentially looking at fielding an understrength Liverpool side.

You do the maths.
ivor_the_injun

Postby JBG » Thu Aug 05, 2004 3:00 pm

Very true.

It'll be no walk over and we'll have to roll up our sleeves with Graz, but we have the quality to go through.

As long as the side are prepared to dig deep and take nothing for granted, we should be ok.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Roger Red Hat » Thu Aug 05, 2004 3:00 pm

Once again people are doubting our manager. We stuffed Celtic & we beat Roma pre season. Are a full strength GAK team better than a Roma squad or the Celtic team we played? No I don't think they are. Relax. Have faith.
Once again The Hustler posts a useless post.

it looks bad to me!

What would you know about football? You wouldn't know good from bad.

ill eat my words if benitez can turn strictly average players into great players, but i cant see it. he aint no magician.

what do you think the difference between chelsea spending 70 million, and liverpool spending say 18million in preseason?
the difference is being able to challenge for the league title this year! and having the pick of the worlds best players.

There aint no magic to it, never mind tinkering with rubbish players, we need the league NOW!

It's nothing to do with been a magician you uneducated berk! Rafa has faith in the team and in his managerial methods to bring the best out of the squad he has for the GAK game. Tactically he knows we'll beat them and progress. Job done.
He seems to make the players want to play again. He makes them proud to wear the red shirt!

get off his case.
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redtribe » Thu Aug 05, 2004 3:45 pm

Hustlers Revenge wrote:what do you think the difference between chelsea spending 70 million, and liverpool spending say 18million in preseason?
the difference is being able to challenge for the league title this year! and having the pick of the worlds best players.

There aint no magic to it, never mind tinkering with rubbish players, we need the league NOW!

3 words -
real madrid,
valencia
Redtribe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Thu Aug 05, 2004 3:54 pm

exactamundo!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jim_morrison_supported_liverpool » Thu Aug 05, 2004 3:55 pm

Redtribe wrote:There aint no magic to it, never mind tinkering with rubbish players, we need the league NOW!
[/quote]
we dont need the league now you gobshi**.

we need to get it right. benitez needs time.

ahhhhhhhhh   i cant even believe i wasted the energy on replying to a f******  knob jockey like hustler
its not the chilli sauce on kebabs that give you ring-sting, its the actual meat. had one without chilli, and still had ring-sting. the chilli's only there to mask the nonsense they stuff inside that bread.
jim_morrison_supported_liverpool
LFC Super Member

Postby Roger Red Hat » Thu Aug 05, 2004 4:37 pm

I know what you mean but I cant resist. I'd love to smack him in the mouth.

I agree with your comment too.
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Thu Aug 05, 2004 5:10 pm

Lee he'd deck ya lad if you did.

He's a body builder dont' forget mate, and we all know how hard body builders are. :D
115-1073096938

Postby JBG » Thu Aug 05, 2004 5:12 pm

Don't forget Stu and LeeJ that he's got two dozen pikies to back 'em up as well!
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby zackboxer » Thu Aug 05, 2004 5:14 pm

There all his "chums" so he must be rock!!  :D  :laugh:
zackboxer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Thu Aug 05, 2004 5:16 pm

:D
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member