Gerrard injured - Out for 10 days

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby NANNY RED » Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:28 pm

If hes injured hes injured who is Capello to question the integrity of Rafa . I think  hes got a cheek to be honest by telling Stevie to report an to be looked at by there doctors hes basicaly saying Rafa is trying to pull a fast one. Cheeky get
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:32 pm

:censored: pointless friendlies, just watch some of our players get injured on wednesday :no
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:03 pm

Owzat wrote:Isn't this the THIRD International break already this season? And we're only into November and a third of the way through the Premiership. All that for a pointless friendly in Germany, I'm not against playing Internationals but pointless friendlies just lead to unneccessary injuries and that can be detrimental to the country as well as the club. Why doesn't Cappello just pick on a volunteer only basis for friendlies, then all the villa players can get their caps and show us just how over-rated they are, while the good players get a decent break. Makes more sense to rest the best and give games to the rest, see who can come in when a player's injured instead of running the risk of injuring them with excess football.

What can Cappello learn about Gerrard from a friendly? What will the Spanish coach learn about Torres? Zip. It's in the qualifiers and tournaments it matters, Torres has proved what he can do and he's coming back from injury. Who ever said International coaches had any sense though?

:buttrock
maypaxvobiscum

Postby JamCar05 » Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:27 pm

Toffeehater wrote:
Redman in wales wrote:
Toffeehater wrote:Capello is a :censored: , did he ask rooney , rio and brown to report so that they can be assessed . It's always liverpool players who get this kind og :censored:

Terry's been told to report to... despite chelsea saying he's injured

SO basically every club has to send their players except manu who have only claimed that carrick is fit enough to go .

Yeah, ol' whiskeynose really is an expert when it comes to withdrawing players from internationals due to "slight injuries". Has Giggs ever participated in a friendly  ???
JamCar05

Postby SupitsJonF » Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:35 pm

Int Football - Gerrard and Lampard ruled out for England (Again)
Eurosport - Mon, 17 Nov 15:47:00 2008
Steven Gerrard and Frank Lampard have been ruled out of England's friendly clash with Germany on Wednesday.

Liverpool skipper Gerrard had been withdrawn from contention by his club after picking up a groin injury against Bolton on Saturday.
Nevertheless, England coach Fabio Capello ordered the midfielder to report for duty at the national side's Hertfordshire training base on Sunday evening.
Having since confirmed that the Liverpool medical staff's diagnosis was indeed correct, Gerrard has been allowed to return to Merseyside to recuperate.

Lampard sustained a rib injury during Chelsea's game with West Brom at the weekend and scans showed he would not be fit enough to feature at the Olympic Stadium.
An FA statement confirmed: "Both were scanned this morning and have now been sent back to their clubs for further treatment."
Capello wasted no time in finding replacements for the midfield duo with Fulham's Jimmy Bullard and West Ham's Scott Parker called into the squad.
The pair's withdrawal has left Capello with just three of his first choice team available for England's first game in the German capital since 1972.
The Italian was already without Manchester United trio Wesley Brown, Wayne Rooney and Rio Ferdinand, Chelsea pair Ashley and Joe Cole, and Wigan striker Emile Heskey.
Joe Hart also pulled out of the squad after sustaining an ankle injury over the weekend, with Blackburn's Paul Robinson called up to replace the Manchester City goalkeeper.
But captain John Terry, who was doubtful with a foot complaint after the weekend, completed a full training session and is in contention to lead England out in Berlin. (Ahahahaha)
Considering the game comes in the middle of a busy domestic schedule, the pull-outs have raised the inevitable club versus country question.
But midfielder Michael Carrick insisted the fixture still holds importance.
"I'm playing for England and this is the stuff of dreams," Carrick, the only Mancehster United player in the squad, said.
"Germany versus England is a massive game and I've always dreamed to be part of one day. It's not a hindrance at all. I'm here and I want to play.
"The club versus country thing always pops up but as players we don't get involved in that. We want to be part of the England team. Germany versus England in Berlin is huge and we want to be part of that."
SupitsJonF

Postby LFC2007 » Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:37 am

RedBen wrote::censored:, Capello is smarter than we thought it seems

:D

He's cottoned on  :D
LFC2007

Postby Rush Job » Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:45 am

I wouldnt mind nando getting 45 minutes because he`s in desperate need of match fitness, his games all about sharpness and I dont think we`ve seen the Torres of last season yet.
He`s the one player who I`d like to get 45-60 minutes in this international break.
Dont judge a book by the cover, unless you cover just another, because blind exceptance is a sign,
Of stupid fools who stand in line......  Like..
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:09 am

a lot is being made out of nothing here, it does my t!ts in listening to my anti-Liverpool mates saying how disgraceful this is.

Owzat mate you have it spot on, these friendlies are going to prove jacksh!t about anyone other than getting the media hyped up about a good performance or crucify Capello after a defeat that doesn't matter. I'm not saying friendlies altogether are pointless but the timing of this is ridiculous.

what I hate more is that Capello does or was going to play Gerrard and Lampard, Lampard would be given the central role and our Stevie played out of position for that fat w@nker because he's not good enough to play anywhere else on the pitch hence our Gerrard is the one who suffers and gets the flak

wheres the Man U jibes for them pulling their players out as well?
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby aCe' » Tue Nov 18, 2008 3:02 am

Greavesie wrote:a lot is being made out of nothing here, it does my t!ts in listening to my anti-Liverpool mates saying how disgraceful this is.

Owzat mate you have it spot on, these friendlies are going to prove jacksh!t about anyone other than getting the media hyped up about a good performance or crucify Capello after a defeat that doesn't matter. I'm not saying friendlies altogether are pointless but the timing of this is ridiculous.

what I hate more is that Capello does or was going to play Gerrard and Lampard, Lampard would be given the central role and our Stevie played out of position for that fat w@nker because he's not good enough to play anywhere else on the pitch hence our Gerrard is the one who suffers and gets the flak

Gerrard and Lampard both pulled out now... no Joe cole either..
strating 11: back4 all missing, 3 of the midfielders missing, Rooner, Heskey, Owen all out of the squad... sure sounds like a friendly to me...
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:30 am

Greavesie wrote:a lot is being made out of nothing here, it does my t!ts in listening to my anti-Liverpool mates saying how disgraceful this is.

"anti-Liverpool" sums up this season, all I've heard and read from the media are knocks about Liverpool because of where we are in the league. If we were eight points adrift then they'd have quick jibes and say no more, but because we're a potential threat they have to dismiss that threat and knock us at every opportunity.

- "lucky Liverpool" - apparently we are lucky because we win a few games by the odd goal and the opposition get a player sent off which has been the correct decision every time. Even the Cahill challenge was one for which there should be no complaints, yet there are. If anything we've had a few rough decisions, but we accept those balance out.

Major difference is the mancs would get credit for fighting back to win narrowly, showing resolve. No "lucky" jibes aimed when they have dodgy dives win penalties or players sent off against, as if we're supposed to win and without ever getting the aid of penalties and red cards. When we play 10 men and win it's down to that, when the mancs or Chelsea do the same it is their superiority forced the red card and they would have won anyway

- Gerrard withdraws through injury. Not a second question about the mancs who have done it again and pull out more players from friendlies through the course of a season than there are in a squad! Gerrard would play for England every game if he was fit, anyone thinking he isn't interested in playing for England is a retard.

- "Liverpool squad not good enough". We change TEN players for the Carling Cup and apparently, because they lose to a full strength spudz side away, then our title bid is "doomed". Never mind the fact that to be playing with that side we'd have to have half a dozen injuries and THAT would scupper our challenge. Never mind the fact that any side who took out 8-10 of their first choice players would struggle to beat a good PREMIERSHIP side AWAY from home. No criticism of Chelsea for only drawing with CHAMPIONSHIP side Burnley at HOME and that with a second string mixture fairly similar to Liverpool's. Which is worse - 2-4 away to a Premiership side or 1-1 at home to a Championship side? I'd say neither are good results, but you should win your home games against lower league sides while a win, or even a draw, away to a Premiership side would be a great result.

Only one third of the way through the season and the anti-Liverpool bullshit is flowing. We haven't been the best side in this country, we're not scoring enough goals and we recognise our weaknesses. But everyone bleats on about Chelsea and Man Utd being the only serious title challengers based on past history, they may well prove to be right, but any two bit side like Hull or villa gets close to the top four playing ok but inconsistently in the case of villa, and they get a million times more credit.
Last edited by Owzat on Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:38 am

The other thing to consider is the number of games a season Gerrard plays for Liverpool

04/05 : 43 appearances*
05/06 : 53 appearances
06/07 : 51 appearances
07/08 : 52 appearances
08/09 : 18 appearances

*Gerrard missed 12 consecutive games between 25/09/04 and 13/11/04

Bear in mind we play about 60 games a season and Gerrard is often rested for the League Cup - missed the last three in a row. That doesn't of course include Internationals, so Gerrard is playing somewhere in the region of 60 games a season so why not give him that bit of respite and leave him out? Liverpool pay his wages so you can't expect them to underuse their star player, what conclusions can be drawn from a friendly are so non-existent they may as well not bother. If Gerrard played and played poorly would he be out of the next squad? I doubt it. If he played well he wouldn't be any more in the next team than he would be if he played badly.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:35 am

Great news that he's been withdrawn . Torres should get a run out 30 minutes or so should do him good
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Wed Nov 19, 2008 1:14 pm

Assuming he doesn't pull up injured. I'd rather he got injured playing for us for 30 mins in the cause of a game that counts for something than some meaningless friendly against a side who qualified in 82 and 98 so twice in quarter of a century
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Wed Nov 19, 2008 3:16 pm

Walcott is out for months after being injured in an england trainig session.
its robbery. the FA should compensate clubs when a player is injured during national duty. its not like clubs pay huge amounts to see their players get injured for someone else. the clubs are the ones paying the wages.
and they have the audecity to get the players travel just to do a medical test, which proved that the injuries were valid.
why dont england trust the club managers anymore? are they hinting the players are faking injury?
how does the player feel making the crazy journey to be told something he already knew before. its stupid really. i hate international friendlies.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby tubby » Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:37 pm

Didnt Newcastle get paid some amount for when Owen got injured before? Anyway it should be extended to include all injuries. :censored: Capello.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion