Gerrard injured - Out for 10 days

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby LFC2007 » Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:19 pm

maypaxvobiscum wrote:Arsenal got paid 1.5mil for Walcott's injury.

Correction.

They could claim up to or beyond that amount depending on the length of time he's out.
LFC2007

Postby tubby » Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:26 pm

Got to feel bad for Arsenal fans right now. Walcott out and their captain talking :censored: in interviews again. That Gallas is a big baby.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:50 am

who fecking cares about Arsenal and loosing players - all good news for us .

and henry would of been grat couple years ago - wouldnt take him now thou .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:43 pm

Nice from Rafa here on Stevie

From Times Online November 21, 2008

Rafael Benitez: Steven Gerrard could be my successor
(Phil Noble/Reuters)

Rafael Benitez has paid Steven Gerrard a big compliment as the player celebrates the ten-year anniversary of his Liverpool debut by suggesting he could be the next manager of the club.

The Liverpool manager is unable to select his captain for the match against Fulham tomorrow as he has a torn groin muscle, but he took time to pay tribute to his contribution to the club.

Benitez, however, who is unsure if Gerrard will be fit for the Champions League tie against Marseilles next week, still faced questions over Fabio Capello's request that the player drove to Hertfordshire during the week to prove his injury to the England manager.

"It is simple," Benitez said. "He is not fit and he cannot play. Maybe he'll be ready for Marseilles. We know the rules and respect them. But I prefer now not to think of this because there are no more internationals for a while.

"But we were right. Gerrard cannot play, so we were right when we said he was injured. It is too soon to say how long Steven will be out. But if we have an extra day of treatment, maybe he will be ready for the Champions League."

On his relationship with Capello, Benitez was diplomatic. "There's no problem between me and Fabio Capello," he said. "I am not unhappy with him. But the best news now is that there are no internationals until March.

"I am happy with that situation, and happy to be able to concentrate on my team. Were we unhappy that Steven had to go to the England hotel? All I can say is that he is not fit and will not play for us against Fulham.

"That is the only thing important for me. We cannot change the situation and Steven is not available, that's it."

Asked to comment on Gerrard's value to the club, Benitez said: "Everyone can see how good he is on the pitch. As a person he is a nice lad, you can see his commitment to the club. Everything is positive and hopefully he can win more trophies.

"Maybe he will be here for another ten years, certainly five or six. It is not easy to stay with one club. Life is very different than before, clubs can offer a lot of money.

"I am really pleased to have kept Gerrard here, and maybe he will one day be the manager to replace me. There are more important things than money in Steven's mind. He has great passion for the club, he loves the club and the city.

"That is the key as far as he is concerned, and hopefully he will take over from me."

Alvaro Arbeloa is available to Benitez tomorrow after serving a suspension, while all of the club's 13 players on international duty returned without injury. "They are tired, have some knocks, but no injuries," Benitez said. "Maybe that is a miracle."
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:35 pm

I dont like the way Rafa has been treated here by Capello and can see this flaring up again in the future.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:13 pm

Not sure if I should have started a new thread but ill put it here anyway. Good news! I just hope in that time he can skipper us in a new stadium and win the league with us.

Steven Gerrard has vowed to see out his career at Liverpool and hopes to sign a new contract at his childhood club very soon. The England midfielder made the announcement on the eve of his 10-year anniversary of his Liverpool debut - which is next week.The 28-year-old said: "I have two and a half years left on my contract and hopefully I will sign another one and stay for the remainder of my career.

"I do not know what is going to happen over the next 10 years but certainly for the next five or six I hope I am playing in Liverpool's first team.

"We will have to wait and see about management but I certainly want to get my qualifications to enable me to coach and manage. Then I will have to decide what I want to do."

"Whether I will be interested in the Gary Ablett (reserve coach) type role, the Sammy Lee (assistant manager) role or the Rafa Benitez role, I do not know.

"I just want to get all my badges and then we will see. But I have a lot more football to play before we get to that stage and that is what I want to focus on at the moment.

"All I can say at this stage is the last 10 years have been the best of my life. I have lived the dream doing something I have always wanted to do and if my working life carries on being with Liverpool then I will be very happy."

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Sat Nov 22, 2008 11:21 am

So let's send Gerrard off to camp England claiming he is fully fit when in fact he is injured, then he can pull up "injured" during training and we put in a claim for £1.5m compensation.

Sweet.

Funny how Gerrard is forced to prove he's injured, I here Rooney and Ferdinand may not be out for their game against little villa. I've said many times before, and someone else suggested it on teletext, that any player missing an England game should be made unavailable, or effectively banned from playing, for the next (Premiership) game. This is a good idea as players can't then just choose to miss games for England without missing club games as well, if they are 'injured' as claimed then they would be best rested next game anyway. My colleague went home "ill" the other day, probably wasn't fully well, but missed just ONE DAY. I wasn't feeling 100% either, but my boss, kind gentleman that he is, said that as my colleague was missing that I should stay the course (it was a course, day 2 of 4) I told him that if I felt worse I wasn't stopping, work can't force you to be there when ill.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Sat Nov 22, 2008 1:41 pm

Owzat wrote:I've said many times before, and someone else suggested it on teletext, that any player missing an England game should be made unavailable, or effectively banned from playing, for the next (Premiership) game. This is a good idea as players can't then just choose to miss games for England without missing club games as well, if they are 'injured' as claimed then they would be best rested next game anyway.

what? did Arsene Wenger hack into your newkit account?
what if the player recovers in time for the club match?
why are you making it sound as if the england game is the priority when its the club that pays his wages?
why cant they be rested during the days leading up to the match instead of having to make silly journeys for a medical test they already took?
maypaxvobiscum

Postby tubby » Sat Nov 22, 2008 7:16 pm

Arsne Wenger wishes he was a politician. At the end of the day its the clubs who pay the players not the nations FA's so feck them and their internationals. Couldn't give 2 hoots about needless friendlies.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redhayesy » Sat Nov 22, 2008 8:23 pm

Toffeehater wrote:Henry's a class act  , top player , probably best striker and most consistent of all time in the league . He maybe a little past it but i would like many of us, would love to have him here

you said it mate, he is past it! end of.
redhayesy
LFC Super Member

Postby Owzat » Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:04 am

maypaxvobiscum wrote:what? did Arsene Wenger hack into your newkit account?

why are you making it sound as if the england game is the priority when its the club that pays his wages?

why cant they be rested during the days leading up to the match instead of having to make silly journeys for a medical test they already took?

Comment one is that of a retard so I won't bother replying if you've nothing better than to make stupid comments.

The rest wouldn't do them any harm, it would stop frivilous and obvious abuse of withdrawals. NOTE Lampard, Joe Cole, Ashley Cole, Rooney AND Ferdinand all played. Maybe their injury fitted in nicely, but then again Rooney and Ferdinand might not have played the previous game as it was deemed unneccessary and would not be in detriment to the result.

Obviously England didn't believe what Liverpool said and I can't blame them given the players who "pulled a sickie", although clearly Rafa's word is not trusted as much as other managers

As for the comments on priority, clubs do pay the players' wages. But unlike the small minded people who yell "club before country every time", I do consider England important even if I disagree with the timing and point of friendlies. If the club paying the players' wages was the be all and end all, then they would tell the FA they didn't want the players released at all. Since Liverpool do not play on the same day as England it is only the politics over injury and fatigue that affect the clubs, hence why Wenger is looking into compensation. Maybe you have no patriotism and glory hunt or whatever your reason for supporting Liverpool and not giving a sheet about England is, but some of us do follow England and are sick of all the "club vs country" politics that arise virtually every time England call players up.

And to be honest what the feck do I care what you think. As if you're the first "genius" to come out with all that. What happened with Gerrard was stupid, however that all boils down to the silly "pulling a sickie" stunts around. Just a shame that only two England players who play for the big four and missed the England game didn't miss their club's game just three days later, and Cappello targeted one of them for a silly exercise in stupidity
Last edited by Owzat on Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Sun Nov 23, 2008 3:49 pm

Owzat wrote:
maypaxvobiscum wrote:what? did Arsene Wenger hack into your newkit account?

Comment one is that of a retard so I won't bother replying if you've nothing better than to make stupid comments.

The rest wouldn't do them any harm, it would stop frivilous and obvious abuse of withdrawals. NOTE Lampard, Joe Cole, Ashley Cole, Rooney AND Ferdinand all played. Maybe their injury fitted in nicely, but then again Rooney and Ferdinand might not have played the previous game as it was deemed unneccessary and would not be in detriment to the result.

Obviously England didn't believe what Liverpool said and I can't blame them given the players who "pulled a sickie", although clearly Rafa's word is not trusted as much as other managers

As for the comments on priority, clubs do pay the players' wages. But unlike the small minded people who yell "club before country every time", I do consider England important even if I disagree with the timing and point of friendlies. If the club paying the players' wages was the be all and end all, then they would tell the FA they didn't want the players released at all. Since Liverpool do not play on the same day as England it is only the politics over injury and fatigue that affect the clubs, hence why Wenger is looking into compensation. Maybe you have no patriotism and glory hunt or whatever your reason for supporting Liverpool and not giving a sheet about England is, but some of us do follow England and are sick of all the "club vs country" politics that arise virtually every time England call players up.

And to be honest what the feck do I care what you think. As if you're the first "genius" to come out with all that. What happened with Gerrard was stupid, however that all boils down to the silly "pulling a sickie" stunts around. Just a shame that only two England players who play for the big four and missed the England game didn't miss their club's game just three days later, and Cappello targeted one of them for a silly exercise in stupidity

i dont see how being against friendlies at this time or favouring club over country makes me a glory hunter or someone who lacks patriotism.
and if my post was so bad why do you reply to it to begin with?
whats wrong Owstwat? having your pre-mentrual cramps again?
maypaxvobiscum

Postby GYBS » Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:37 pm

who fecking cares about england
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Manhattan Project » Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:57 pm

It's a shame Stevie couldn't mount one of those superhuman recoveries that defy all medical logic like Rio Ferdinand and Wayne Rooney.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Simari » Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:15 am

Fabio should continue using the backups in friendlies so that they can become able replacements for the first team when it matters most.

He did very well with the backups against Germany :)
Simari
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion