Sad days

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby ANDY SMITH » Sat Aug 23, 2003 8:53 am

This season could be the worst I have experienced as a reds fan. I can only see 6th place as a realistic position for us to aim for. The arival of kewell has been the only plus point since last season. But lets think about it. One player will not make us a better team than last season when those who finished above us have added quality to their squads (except Arsenal but they don't need to). Before you start saying, what about Finnan? WHAT ABOUT HIM??? Think back to all the British based defenders we have bought in the past (except henchoz). Scales, Babb, Rudduck, Dicks, Staunton. These were meant to be quality players untill they came to Anfield and I can only see Finnan being the same. The two French kids will spend a season playing with our expensive rejects and against poor premiership players, so they will have all their skill knocked out of them. I can see Blackburn finishing above us and liverpool fighting with villa, Charlton, Southampton and Man City for 6th place. We need to build a team for next season so that Martin O'Neil can take us into the Chamions league.
ANDY SMITH

Postby Coley » Wed Aug 27, 2003 2:22 pm

Couldn't agree more Andy. I think it's time for a new man to be put in charge.  GH is obviously a really nice guy, but he can't get away from these negative counterattacking tactics which just aren't working any more.  Every other team has figured us out.
Coley

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion