Gerrard arrested

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby kazza » Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:54 am

I just heard on Sky that Gerrard was arrested for a fight last night at a pub, anyone know what it is about?
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lee2k6 » Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:56 am

kazza wrote:I just heard on Sky that Gerrard was arrested for a fight last night at a pub, anyone know what it is about?

just saw this meself.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/merseyside/7802932.stm
Lee2k6

Postby kazza » Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:59 am

I hope it's nothing, we do not need distractions like this when we are hitting form.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Mon Dec 29, 2008 12:05 pm

Probably some bluenose mouthing off and deserved a thump.I doubt Gerrard started it,he's hardly Joey Barton.
Out on the fanta at 2-30?
Guess whos been told he's not playing against against Preston! :D
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rafa D » Mon Dec 29, 2008 12:07 pm

Just about to come on and post it, its been on the radio this morning.

Hope its just nothing, hope its just the wrong place and the wrong time.

Still think Rafa will fine him though.
Sammy Lee wears Liverpool undies
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lee2k6 » Mon Dec 29, 2008 12:07 pm

"with facial injuries which are not believed to be life threatening."

This bit doesn't half make it sound serious though, he must have took some beating.
Lee2k6

Postby Wintersleep » Mon Dec 29, 2008 12:07 pm

Interesting to find out the details.....probably just hyped up by the media
Wintersleep

Postby Number 9 » Mon Dec 29, 2008 12:09 pm

Lee2k6 wrote:"with facial injuries which are not believed to be life threatening."

This bit doesn't half make it sound serious though, he must have took some beating.

Probably got a scratch on his lip ffs.Media exaggeration because a footballer is involved.
Mountains and Molehills! :nod
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Mon Dec 29, 2008 12:10 pm

Echo

Liverpool FC captain Steven Gerrard arrested after disturbance
Dec 29 2008 Luke Traynor, Liverpool Echo

gerrardnew100

LIVERPOOL FC captain Steven Gerrard is in custody today after police were called to a Merseyside nightspot.

The 28 year-old was arrested in the early hours of this morning on Bold Street, Southport, following a disturbance at licensed premises.

A 34 year-old man, from Southport, suffered facial injuries which are not said to be serious, and was taken to hospital.

The Liverpool FC star spent the rest of the night in the cells and is still being quizzed about the incident.

Police officers were called to premises at around 2.30am where they detained six people on suspicion of section 20 assault.

Four men, aged 33, 31, 29 and 19, from Huyton, Gerrard, from Formby, and an 18 year-old man, from Litherland, were all arrested.

A Merseyside Police said: “We are investigating an assault in the early hours of the morning on Lord Street.

“Officers attended a licensed premises where they detained six people on suspicion of Section 20 assault. They are still being questioned.”
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lee2k6 » Mon Dec 29, 2008 12:14 pm

Number 9 wrote:
Lee2k6 wrote:"with facial injuries which are not believed to be life threatening."

Probably got a scratch on his lip ffs.Media exaggeration because a footballer is involved.
Mountains and Molehills! :nod

yeah you're probably right, probably just some bitter after a compo claim   :laugh:
Lee2k6

Postby NANNY RED » Mon Dec 29, 2008 12:15 pm

He musnt half take some stick though when hes out hes only a young lad an all . Ill bet you it he was being given stick that was over the top an his mates had a go not him. He will have just been there. sometimes theres only so much anyone can take.

The media are gonna :censored: loves this , busy night for Kevin Dooley.
Last edited by NANNY RED on Mon Dec 29, 2008 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Mon Dec 29, 2008 12:38 pm

NANNY RED wrote:He musnt half take some stick though when hes out hes only a young lad an all . Ill bet you it he was being given stick that was over the top an his mates had a go not him. He will have just been there. sometimes theres only so much anyone can take.

The media are gonna :censored: love this.

F*ck the media....

I don't blame the lad for snapping (if he actually HAS lashed out) some of the things he gets called/shouted at would make anyone go over the edge (not least a f*ckin' father of kids!)  :angry:

Yeah he'll get a slap on the wrist from the club - so be it. You can barely enter an alehouse these days without a thick skin on. Pound to a penny someone wants a slap during the night. Not saying its right to retaliate in public when your the figurehead of the club...but ffs, we're all human - even with a few ales inside. But if the incident was provoked...i don't blame him one bit for getting a dig (or three) in. Take the consequences for your own actions though....like you say, the sewer scum will have their pound of flesh no doubt - its not like anyone else high profile has ever made a show of themselves in public now is it....not ever.  :sleep

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby NANNY RED » Mon Dec 29, 2008 12:53 pm

When i say the media are gonna love it Red you know what there like with anything regarding our team. Blow it all out of proportion make it bigger than what it is. Espesialy the London papers. There gonna be loving it. Just because it one of ours,

I have said already theres only so much he can take. An agree completly if some one said anything about my kids theyd get it from me an all.
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Mon Dec 29, 2008 12:59 pm

NANNY RED wrote:When i say the media are gonna love it Red you know what there like with anything regarding our team. Blow it all out of proportion make it bigger than what it is. Espesialy the London papers. There gonna be loving it. Just because it one of ours,

I have said already theres only so much he can take. An agree completly if some one said anything about my kids theyd get it from me an all.

I know....i know.

The revel in it - the scum of the earth they are.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Mon Dec 29, 2008 1:14 pm

I am not so forgiving, if he is involved then the club should give him more than a slap on the wrists. He knows better and should not have allowed himself to get involved. Five other men were detained and a man was hopitalised and they are still being held by the police. We are finally looking like a winning team and do not need silly distractions like this. He should have walked away as he has plenty to lose and the "victim" probably has nothing to lose. Why allow himself to get involved? Not good      :no
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion