Finnan arrested

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby L-type » Tue Jun 14, 2005 9:16 pm

stu_the_red wrote:
banana wrote:
cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:cant get over van persie either being arrested for raping a girl in rotterdam :oops: George best arrested for molesting a 13 year old, its been a crazy day in football :down:

Footballers are young lads with no formal education and with lots of money. They have little respect for others and think they are above the law.

Is that so?

Wrong again dickhead. Alot of good footballers are intelligent lads who were brought up properly, Steven Gerrard passed all of his GCSE's grade C to A which is WELL ABOVE the national average.

Take Alonso, the lad is 23 !!  Raking in millions of pounds through his contract, but is still pursuing his studies in business.  I understand though that for ever player like Xabi, you'll have an equal or greater number of Dioufs, who used soccer to escape poverty and never had a chance to recieve a genuine education.
"I get bored quickly and like to change things — except my wife!”                   - Cisse
We all dream of a team of Sissoko's!! All 15 of them !!
L-type
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby banana » Tue Jun 14, 2005 10:09 pm

L-type wrote:
stu_the_red wrote:
banana wrote:
cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:cant get over van persie either being arrested for raping a girl in rotterdam :oops: George best arrested for molesting a 13 year old, its been a crazy day in football :down:

Footballers are young lads with no formal education and with lots of money. They have little respect for others and think they are above the law.

Is that so?

Wrong again dickhead. Alot of good footballers are intelligent lads who were brought up properly, Steven Gerrard passed all of his GCSE's grade C to A which is WELL ABOVE the national average.

Take Alonso, the lad is 23 !!  Raking in millions of pounds through his contract, but is still pursuing his studies in business.  I understand though that for ever player like Xabi, you'll have an equal or greater number of Dioufs, who used soccer to escape poverty and never had a chance to recieve a genuine education.

I must say that Alonso stands out as a really nice and intelligent lad. He is a model professional. He will not be out sniffin cocain after midnight or let Harvey Wallbanger or Tom Collins ruin his career. I have also great respect for Finnan, he does not strike me as a bad boy at all. I guess his accident was a bit unfortunate.

But then you have plenty of disrespectful c@nts like Bowyer, Kieron Dyer, Diouf, Collymore....... the list just goes on and on.
If football is banned in heaven. I'd rather go to hell.
banana
LFC Super Member

Postby zarababe » Tue Jun 14, 2005 11:43 pm

.. true Banana.. ppl like Bowyer... blatantly racist .. I know ppl who knew him during his time at Charlton FC.. and he was a known bigott.. and yet they get aquitted for violence.. well almost ..

Lets see what happens.. hope it all works out ..
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby L-type » Wed Jun 15, 2005 1:42 am

banana wrote:
L-type wrote:
stu_the_red wrote:
banana wrote:

Is that so?

I must say that Alonso stands out as a really nice and intelligent lad. He is a model professional. He will not be out sniffin cocain after midnight or let Harvey Wallbanger or Tom Collins ruin his career. I have also great respect for Finnan, he does not strike me as a bad boy at all. I guess his accident was a bit unfortunate.

But then you have plenty of disrespectful c@nts like Bowyer, Kieron Dyer, Diouf, Collymore....... the list just goes on and on.

Did you even read my post? I cearly stated that every decent player has his foil, so for every Xabi you get a Bowyer.....  But at least it's better than athletes here in america.  Most don't even finish or even begin college before going pro.  It's sad, but at the end of the day money talks.
"I get bored quickly and like to change things — except my wife!”                   - Cisse
We all dream of a team of Sissoko's!! All 15 of them !!
L-type
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby misskop » Wed Jun 15, 2005 1:58 am

Woollyback wrote:I just hope for the sake of Finnan and the family of the poor old fella that everything gets put to bed quickly, and that the inquest finds that it was nothing more than a very tragic but everyday accident

Hear, hear :( Couldn't agree with you more.
misskop

Postby lakes10 » Wed Jun 15, 2005 2:47 am

it is down to the police, they took so long looking into it , they would have only just got a report that told them somthing and they had to do this, it should all be over in a day or two....unless its a bluenose copper
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby hobbes » Wed Jun 15, 2005 2:47 am

It a normal accident case. Reckless driving causing death. It happens everyday through out the world. HE wasnt drunk!

Had it be anyone of us an offer to  Plead Guilty might prompt,the prosecution to reduce the charge to reckless driving alone, which may be compounded. And the insurance wil compensate the old man

But since its football star, then things wouldnt be easy. Obviously, lots of compensation will be expexted by the deceased's estate/family. The wont let it go easily. (No disrespect though) Its how it works.

I genuinely believe, if Finann comes out with a good compensation plan, the family wont bother with the charge. The prosecutio will rest the case with alesser charge.

What do you guys think. ?
hobbes

Postby Lando_Griffin » Wed Jun 15, 2005 4:09 am

Why should he have to pay compensation --->IF<---- it wasn't his fault? And why should he get off ->IF<- it was? At the end of the day, padestrians are, in my opinion, culpable if they get hit by a car while on the road. (Obviously not if the driver is deliberately chasing them). If anyone willingly steps out infront of a car, then I'm sorry, but they've no one to blame but themselves. I am not for one moment suggesting the old man did this on purpose, but everyone (sane) knows the price you pay for not looking when crossing roads. Accidents will happen. But unless Finnan wasn't looking at the road, how can he be blamed after the police ruled out an offence!?! For all we know the bloke could have been depressed and suicidal. Who knows? (But good ol' Labour have to ensure all driving deaths are highlighted and a culprit found in order that they can justify another road tax increase. Bast*rds.) Sincerly, though, to the old man; R.I.P.:(

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby policy » Wed Jun 15, 2005 6:43 am

Seriously, I have no comment because there are so many twists and turns and truth often seems relative (though it is not).

I still can't believe Michael Jackson got off. All I am hoping for is justice.
Mourinho was customizing his flashy blue racing car -- applying the finishing touches of go-faster stripes, aerodynamic spoilers and a fat f@ck you exhaust -- while on his red car, Benitez was trying to glue together a broken chassis, repair bodywork and replace burst tyres.
- Paul Tomkins
policy

Postby hobbes » Wed Jun 15, 2005 6:50 am

I am happy MJ is off. Thats my view. Its a framed up charge.
hobbes

Postby hobbes » Wed Jun 15, 2005 6:52 am

Lets stick to the topic
hobbes

Postby Ciggy » Wed Jun 15, 2005 7:59 am

stu_the_red wrote:
cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:it wasnt Finnans fault though the old man walked out infront of his car, I just cant believe that he can be charged with this  :(

I'm sorry lyndsey but to say that is pathetic. You were simply not there so you haven't got a clue what happened. So basically you're making up that arguement. I don't care if thats what you "heard", you didn't see it so you are wrong to say that.

The easiest way to end up in jail is behind the wheel of a car. Its a :censored: lethal weapon and if you don't drive carefully then tuff :censored:. The fact of the matter is, no-one KNOWS what happened except Finnan and Witnesses, so whatever happens, happens.

I didnt say I was there did I  ??? , It was what was on the news and in the echo, that said he walked out infront of the car.
And if Finnan was guilty wouldnt he be behind bars? He wouldnt be able to leave the country either, and he has done a few times, I am no lawyer but common sense tells you he wouldnt be aloud to leave the UK footballer or not.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Wed Jun 15, 2005 8:00 am

hobbes wrote:I am happy MJ is off. Thats my view. Its a framed up charge.

Me to that kids mother was a money grabbing lunatic.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 2520years » Wed Jun 15, 2005 12:44 pm

It's incredible how much fiction can exist on one thread!  Maybe we should all avoid speculating (including myself).
:)
My earliest memory.
2520years

Postby Big Niall » Wed Jun 15, 2005 1:14 pm

When celbraties are on trial people already make up their mind. Finnan is different to Best and Van Persie (if their guilty) as nobody doubts it was an accident.

Finnan is just a man though and should get the same punishment as we would. He doesn't seem the flash type - the way Rooney/Cole/Ferdinand etc are and I can't imagine him doing 100 mph blasting music out while admiring his own reflection.

That said, I have no time for guys that sit behind a car and drive wrecklessly as it puts peoples lives at risk.

I hope his innocent but I don't have a clue and I just hope a correct verdict is reached.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion