33 arrested after the derby

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ciggy » Mon Mar 21, 2005 7:54 pm

****** shower of thugs like there players dirty horrible ******, I hate them all :angry:

Soccer violence arrests Mar 21 2005

By James Glover, Liverpool Echo

THIRTY-THREE people were arrested when violence flared after yesterday's Liverpool v Everton derby.

A police horse suffered a nine-inch cut on the flank when police tried to stop Everton supporters attacking Reds fans passing the Blue House pub near Goodison Park.

Officers were looking at video footage to try to identify the thugs.

The violence comes a month after yobs suspected of being Liverpool and Everton fans attacked Manchester United supporters after an FA Cup clash at Goodison.

Trouble flared after the Anfield derby, which Liverpool won 2-1.

Although there were few problems for police at the ground, there were some outbreaks of disorderly behaviour in the four or five hours after the final whistle.

More than half of those arrested were picked up for public order offences like being drunk and disorderly. Others were arrested for theft, criminal damage, ticket- touting and assaulting a policeman.

Thirty-one of the 33 people picked up by police were released on bail to return to police stations later this week, with one man being charged with stealing a car and another being detained for being wanted on a police warrant.

The police horse was injured when Everton fans began hurling glasses and bottles at the cars of Liverpool fans as they drove past.

When police tried to break up the crowd the supporters threw missiles at them, one of which struck police horse Murphy.

A police spokeswoman said officers thought the policing operation had gone "very well" and that the trouble came in small isolated bursts, unlike the Everton v Man Utd disorder.

She said: "There were very minor incidents but no large-scale disorder. There were no confrontations like at the Manchester United match."

Everton spokesman Ian Ross said because the trouble did not take place at Anfield the football clubs should not be blamed for the violence.

He said: "The arrests are hugely regrettable but they were well away from the stadium and the question is whether this is a football problem or a problem in society."
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Mon Mar 21, 2005 8:25 pm

Bitter jealous horrible club :angry:

http://www.evertonians.net/Liverpoolfc.html
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Mon Mar 21, 2005 8:34 pm

They are a bitter club, they usually kick us off the park but we give them some back and they don't like it, got into work today and what a supprise the evertonian wasn't in the office, their a bunch ****** fans who can't take defeat when you would think they would be used to it by now :p
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Mar 21, 2005 8:40 pm

have to admit, that mock web page is pretty funny.... :laugh:
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mistyred » Mon Mar 21, 2005 8:46 pm

:D  :D  :laugh: ahh bless em
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Mon Mar 21, 2005 9:09 pm

its clever, i like it.

pocohontas!

:laugh:

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Mon Mar 21, 2005 11:49 pm

what happened to the most amicable derby? ???  :(
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Tue Mar 22, 2005 12:07 am

True LFC1. They've become a bit nasty in the past 5 or 6 years, especially since the Franny Jeffers/Sander Westerveld incident.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby LFC #1 » Tue Mar 22, 2005 12:12 am

Yes JBG, you look back 15 years ago around the time of Hillsborough, and the realtionship was great, Hillsborough bborught the city together like nothing else, football rivalry was forgotten as Blues lost family and friends as well as Reds.

Perhaps it's the younger generation coming through or something, but many families on Merseyside have Reds and Blues living together harmoniously, but you wouldn't know it after incidents like these.

It is probably only a small minority who spark this trouble, but thats all it takes.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Tue Mar 22, 2005 12:14 am

Not that I like to make generalisations but there is a kind of scruffy/chav element growing among younger bluenoses.

I mean, look at Dom! :laugh:
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Ciggy » Tue Mar 22, 2005 12:16 am

John Barnes' Granny wrote:Not that I like to make generalisations but there is a kind of scruffy/chav element growing among younger bluenoses.

I mean, look at Dom! :laugh:

:D  :laugh:  :D

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Tue Mar 22, 2005 12:16 am

the whole everton team should be arrested for crimes against football :angry:
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Foolsy's lad » Tue Mar 22, 2005 12:37 am

The Everton "fans" were an absolute disgrace yesterday. I was in the far corner of the main stand an had a great view of them making a complete ****** of themselves, all going more red in the face than our shirt. The murderers chant was poor and shows how bitter and jealous of us they are that they need to resort to saying stuff like that.
It was great though being able to see their faces when those goals went in to the shouts of easy easy! :D :D
Foolsy's lad

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Mar 22, 2005 12:40 am

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:Bitter jealous horrible club :angry:

http://www.evertonians.net/Liverpoolfc.html

Who are the "illustrious neighbours" ? I mean Tranmere are good but I wouldn't describe them as illustrious .   :D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby supersub » Tue Mar 22, 2005 8:06 pm

The bitterness of Blue-noses has become more apparent now,but it has been festering like gangerine for the last 20 years.One of the 1st posts I did on this forum 2 years ago was about the disgraceful scenes at the Goodison Derby.It's funny when football violence,back in the 70's and early 80's,is discussed eveyone trawls up the usual..Millwall,West Ham,Birmingham,ManU etc,when one of the worst group of thick sculled losers happens to be our dead-head neighbours.Their hatred of all things Red even sinks to the level of hating the word Liverpool.The biased Everton view of Sunday's derby is laughable.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion