GEORGINIO WIJNALDUM - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Sep 03, 2016 4:43 pm

Don't want to jump on Wijnaldums' case mainly because even when his names on the team sheet I've seen fk all of him, a bit hard too judge the performance of an invisible man    :D .

More seriously, guess we have to trust our manager on this one, let's face it, Jurgens probably ( :D ) more qualified than the rest of us put together to assess Wijnaldums ability/potential  ?

Having said that ! Didn't expect Wijnaldum to suddenly become an overnight sensation BUT was hoping to see a glimpse of something to get excited about, hasn't happened so yet   :(

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby paulaner » Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:56 pm

Wijnaldum won't be a Messi, but he needs to receive a fair chance. That chance should not be over after under a handful of games by any means. I will give him some months for sure to get used to his new surroundings etc. The past has shown it's not always easy to find your feet at your new club.
paulaner
LFC Basic Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Sep 03, 2016 11:59 pm

paulaner » Sat Sep 03, 2016 8:56 pm wrote:Wijnaldum won't be a Messi, but he needs to receive a fair chance. That chance should not be over after under a handful of games by any means. I will give him some months for sure to get used to his new surroundings etc. The past has shown it's not always easy to find your feet at your new club.

Yep well said.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Sun Sep 04, 2016 12:07 am

I actually think Sissoko from Newcastle was more the type of player we could have done with although he doesnt have the consistency and don't really want someone who shows up when it suits him.
Doeboy

Postby Doeboy » Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:11 pm

Gone off for the dutch tonight with what looked a hanstring injury
Doeboy

Postby redshade » Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:37 pm

If his not available then we probably should use Can or Studge into the side. Might leave us a lil weak in the middle though if we don't play Can.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Tue Oct 11, 2016 3:39 am

No sweat at this stage apart from the fact we lose one person in the substitution roster, ie someone gets brought forward so the sub impact would be more limited.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Pig Catcher » Thu Oct 27, 2016 2:29 pm

One of those players that can look quite ordinary on the TV but when you get to watch him in the flesh you realise how important he is to our game. Just keeps the team moving and switches defence into attack so well.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Oct 27, 2016 6:04 pm

Pig Catcher » Thu Oct 27, 2016 1:29 pm wrote:One of those players that can look quite ordinary on the TV but when you get to watch him in the flesh you realise how important he is to our game. Just keeps the team moving and switches defence into attack so well.

Yeah he was missed against United, our passing looks much slicker when he's in the side.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Octsky » Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:01 am

his finishing against sunderland is so so poor.
and could nearly cost us the game.
Octsky
LFC Super Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Wed Dec 28, 2016 2:16 pm

He is a good player who is becoming more and more confident. We have only scratched the surface with him.
:)
Thommo's perm

Postby ethanr » Wed Dec 28, 2016 6:25 pm

He has come into some better form, but I still think Can is the better option of the two. You could play them both against a team like City or Chelsea, but for the most part you'll probably only play one of them and I think Can is the better player. Stronger and faster with a similar passing ability. Wijnaldum is 26 and Can is 22, so to me Can is one of our future stars if we keep him happy.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby johnbarnes » Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:35 pm

Thommo's perm » Wed Dec 28, 2016 2:16 pm wrote:He is a good player who is becoming more and more confident. We have only scratched the surface with him.
:)

He's the beating heart of the team. He dictates our flow, passing and pace. He very rarely gives the ball away and aims to go forward with his passes.  He's always calm which has the same affect on the rest of the team! He's not in the team to score goals, but I think Klopp will get goals out of him in the future.
Only when he's not available will fans realise his importance to us...
For now, he's our beating heart
:hearts
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:51 pm

Haven't been impressed by either Can or Wijnaldum this season to be honest. Gigi seems to get knocked off the ball too easily. Can makes some really dodgy decisions with his passing.
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:54 pm

Thought Wijnaldum played well again today. He's really growing into life as a Liverpool midfielder and his work off the ball is excellent, as is his positioning.

Am becoming a big fan of his.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion