GEORGINIO WIJNALDUM - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby redshade » Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:39 pm

Hmmm i guess this means less game time for Lallana now.

I don't  know how the setup will be.
Im guessing...

Can     Hendo?

Wijnaldum      Mane

Coutinho

Sturridge

Where does that leave Firmino then... Unless Wijnaldum partners Can but from what I've seen his more of an attacking player rather than defensive type.
Last edited by redshade on Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:47 pm

redshade » Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:39 pm wrote:Hmmm i guess this means less game time for Lallana now.

I don't  know how the setup will be.
Im guessing...

Can     Hendo?

Wijnaldum      Mane

Sturridge

Where does that leave Firmino then... Unless Wijnaldum partners Can but from what I've seen his more of an attacking player rather than defensive type.

Apparently he plays as a CM for the Dutch national team so maybe Jurgen does see him as a partner for Can?
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:49 pm

So possibly

Can   Wijunaldum

Mane              Coutinho

Firminho

Sturridge

I have to say we will have a very good attack. Emre will be key for us this season.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:25 pm

redshade » Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:49 pm wrote:So possibly

Can   Wijunaldum

Mane              Coutinho

Firminho

Sturridge

I have to say we will have a very good attack. Emre will be key for us this season.

Looks a good side that mate, that's without factoring in the likes of Grujic and the rapidly improving Origi as well.
I think we'll see quite a lot of rotation this season though.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:09 am

Thats one of the main factors why i hoped we had qualified for Europa league. The upcoming lads could've been given more time.
I guess they can feature in the league cup and rotation with Epl games.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Octsky » Fri Jul 22, 2016 3:51 am

I think with Klopp high intensive game pressing, we will be rotating much.
Every body has a part to play.
But the lack of DM is still a concern for me, is Can a DM?
Octsky
LFC Super Member

Postby C-R » Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:00 pm

Now the transfer is official and actually confirmed by the club itself, here..... http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-t ... um-capture

A very warm welcome to the best club in the world Georginio, may You Never Walk Alone  :buttrock

He has signed a 5 year deal, rumoured at around 75k a week and will wear the number 5 shirt, Wijnaldum is said to be proud and excited to join the Liverpool family.

C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:01 pm

Liverpool Football Club have today completed the signing of Netherlands international Georginio Wijnaldum from Newcastle United.

The 25-year-old has signed a long-term deal with the Reds to seal a return to the Premier League and will now jet out to join the club's ongoing tour of the United States.

After completing a switch to Anfield on Friday, he told Liverpoolfc.com: “I’m really excited because Liverpool is a big club with a great history and it’s always a dream to play for as big a club as Liverpool.”

He also commented on the prospect of working alongside Jürgen Klopp, adding: “[He seems] a great man - from the outside - because I don’t know how he works yet and I have to work with him.

“[But] I always love to watch him, his passion as a trainer, I like how he enjoys the game. He gives something back to the group [with his passion] so I look forward to working with him.”

Wijnaldum scored 11 goals in 38 league appearances in his maiden season in England following a move from PSV Eindhoven last summer.

The Dutchman, who also previously represented Feyenoord, has 30 international caps to his name.

He joins Loris Karius, Joel Matip, Marko Grujic, Sadio Mane, Ragnar Klavan and Alex Manninger as a fresh face in Klopp's squad ahead of the 2016-17 campaign.
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:02 pm

C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby johnbarnes » Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:27 pm

Welcome to LFC GW!
Exciting times ahead and we hope you will play a big part in our success...
YNWA!
:buttrock
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:31 pm

From what I have seen of him his best position appears to be LM as that's were the majority of his goals and assists came from. What worries me though is that he doesn't tackle and today a Newcastle fan told me he only made 1 tackle for the whole of last season. If true that stat makes Lallana look like a beast.

I do think he is a good footballer but how good will be down to what Klopp can get out of him. Think we overpaid considering they only paid 14 last summer and got relegated so unless we were in some kind of bidding war I feel we were a tad generous.

Anyway welcome to Liverpool Georginio  :nod
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:34 pm

Welcome to the club. Not sure about this one. Funny really, he's another player that I actually like but I don't really want him at Liverpool. He's got that flair about him that excites fans and he's got a good eye for a goal, almost like Frank Lampard did, but it's too bad it happens once in 10 games for him. Most of the time he's a passenger in games and he's not the type to take control of the midfield, the type of player that I was hoping we'd sign.

Not certain where Klopp would play him either. Does he plan to play him as a central midfielder or is he meant to be a new addition to our 28950304 AM's we already have.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby parchpea » Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:40 pm

Hes a decent player but we have absolutely no idea where he slots in, its not like we need any more attacking midfield players.

End of the day Klopps paid enough to have a greater football mind than any of us so you would hope hes not just bunged 25m on a bench player, I imagine Lallana and Firmino need to be concerned for their game time.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby C-R » Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:11 pm

It's a strange signing for sure, we are top heavy with attacking players, he is certainly a decent player, Kuyt was singing his praises earlier today in the echo

Let's hope he's not another Ryan Babbel
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:15 pm

This is quite classy from his Instagram this evening..

C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion