Garcia what did i tell you - Garbage

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby bakes40 » Sat Jan 22, 2005 8:44 pm

lakes 10 totally agree with you mate. stu the red go and play with yourself you tit. if you think those new players are good then you are nt a football fan
bakes40

Postby 82-1074641017 » Sat Jan 22, 2005 8:45 pm

Fact is Stu will be praising Liverpool when they get relegated from the Premiership, congratulating Benitez on a superb job, im sure hes a closet manc :D

Legend Roberts
82-1074641017

Postby A.B. » Sat Jan 22, 2005 10:56 pm

stu_the_red wrote:Get a grip.

You lot ****** me off yanno. You're blatently knowledgeless and stupid. Players need time to adapt. Morientes, Alonso and Garcia have all shown touches of class in certain games and will become excellent players for us.

Nunez, Josemi and Pellegrino i'm not so sure of. But they aren't bad players. They are at worst squad players.

Nunez offers us width at least and an option on the wing.

If you think this is the end product of Rafa's reign then you quite simply a moronic fool. Although judging by your posts already, thats what you are proving to be. No-one here is more frustrated than me, backwards and forwards spending thousands a season watching games. I'm sick to death of listening to little armchair cryers chatting balls.

To sum my post up...

Get a clue, or f%@k off.

Stu I agree but its not a matter of "he doesn't go to a game then he's clueless" its more a matter of having common sense.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby kazza » Sat Jan 22, 2005 11:32 pm

stu_the_red wrote:Yeah totally... winning the spanish league title is no problem and you have a crystal ball.

Might aswell sack him now ay. ???

Support your local side and f@%k off.

We seem to have two issues here; 1.supporting your side through thick and thin and, 2. you can only support your local side.

1.Supporting your side through thick and thin is the obligation of every fan. Critisism is OK as long as sense is used and not spite, I mean at the end of the day, we all want the team to win.

2. Supporting only your local team is not as simple as it used to be years ago when teams were made up of local boys. In those days they truely were local teams and the players would have grown up on your street. The centre forward for example might have been your next door neighbour. Those days are over however and the times have changed (even if some do not want to change with it). Stu, if your best friend or brother goes to play for say a French team or a Swiss team, would you not follow and support them?

I agree with you on the armchair crybabies thing, but that is what the forum is for. Once I see ****** written, I tend to skip right through.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Badmao1 » Sat Jan 22, 2005 11:32 pm

Players need time to adapt. Morientes, Alonso and Garcia have all shown touches of class in certain games and will become excellent players for us.

Nunez, Josemi and Pellegrino i'm not so sure of. But they aren't bad players. They are at worst squad players.

Totally agree, went to the game and haven't seen us so poor for a long time. Not Rafa's fault or Garcia's.

Jamie Redknapp ruled today- one touch passing at it's best. Peter Crouch to be fair also played above his ability.
Badmao1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby coolsobs » Sun Jan 23, 2005 1:42 am

I bet some of you guys would have been sayin the same stuff about baros a while back. Give them some time especially nunez, i think he can be really good for us
coolsobs

Postby Starbridge42 » Sun Jan 23, 2005 3:57 am

Well last season a lot of people said that Baros was a waste of space and we should get rid of him in the summer... he top scored at Euro 2004, Owen left and now he is our top scorer.  What would have happened if we had sold him ey?  If I remember correctly Stu was one of the few people who said he was a quality player, i myself argued for his sale and i now have to eat humble pie over that particular matter.  Stu may get rather emotional over things and doesnt like to be disagreed with but he is a pretty decent judge, in the past at least.  Time will tell if hes right about garcia, nunez et al.

We can only wait and see, I mean unless any1 here is Rafa's brother or something theres not really a lot any1 here can do is there  ???
I didn't like Italy, it was like living in a foreign country - Ian Rush
'In most associations half of the committee does all the work while the other half does nothing. I am pleased to report that in this football club it is the reverse.' - Liverpool Echo
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Location: The land of pixies and and elephants and little green men with purple boogers. Wow I must have eaten

Postby polygemus » Sun Jan 23, 2005 5:19 am

Garcia remind me of Faustino Asprilla. The Colombian was signed and injected into Newcastle starting lineup. At that point in the season (1995 I think??), Newcastle was leading the Premier league by 12 points. Asprilla, being a selfish individual, totally unbalances the team and Newcastle went on to lose the title to Man U.

Garcia totally unbalances the team every time he plays. Difference between us and Newcastle is that they lost the title while we (might) lose the final CL spot.
polygemus

Postby supersub » Sun Jan 23, 2005 5:43 am

stu never said Baros was a quality player last season,far from it.If you look back into the archives,stu actually refers to Milan as "at best a good 1st division player" and his goal tally in Euro 2004 was down to keeper errors.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby The Canadian Red Army » Sun Jan 23, 2005 5:56 am

supersub wrote:stu never said Baros was a quality player last season,far from it.If you look back into the archives,stu actually refers to Milan as "at best a good 1st division player" and his goal tally in Euro 2004 was down to keeper errors.

:D
RIP - Drummerphil - YNWA
" Whats a holly kipper CRA? Is that a scene from batman and Robin :D" - CGGY
This is soo true - Daniel - sweetest guy in the world,soft and gentle but good in bed! hes a keeper!!!!!!
The Canadian Red Army
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Sun Jan 23, 2005 6:52 am

Roberts wrote:Okay wait and see, I know Benitez will end up as a flop and when it happens we will resurrect this post, La Liga is totally different from the Premiership.

Legend Roberts

so you will be revelling in glory if Rafa fails?

you want to see the club go backwards to prove your little point?

Pathetic.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby L-type » Sun Jan 23, 2005 6:55 am

I'm not even gonna read the rest of this thread after reading the first few posts.  I have an idea, how about we lock the forums for a period of 24 hours after each loss, that way we can cut the amount of bullsh.it said in half.  Yes Garcia has been playing bad, but Benitez has been unable to play him at his strengths.  He is not a winger, and he has been bad lately, but why don't some people take the highroads and maybe offer him support, and hope for the best.  I did that with Kewell and finally he started to look like a footballer again.
"I get bored quickly and like to change things — except my wife!”                   - Cisse
We all dream of a team of Sissoko's!! All 15 of them !!
L-type
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Sun Jan 23, 2005 7:57 am

I've said it before and I make no apology for saying it again, I think Garcia will be a fantastic signing for us. The lad is absolute quality. He's playing sh!te at the moment and I don't expect any dramatic improvement real soon but he'll come good.
Just a thought. Around September/October time he was the new Kenny Dalglish according to the press and some on here. What is he now? the new Cheyrou? well, maybe he is but I think he will become a wonderful aquisition for us. Of all our signings, (alonso included) he may yet become the most astute in my view.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Sun Jan 23, 2005 12:01 pm

Eloquently put Big Mick.. my sentiments exactly..
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Matt*Lfc » Sun Jan 23, 2005 1:05 pm

LFC #1 wrote:
Roberts wrote:Okay wait and see, I know Benitez will end up as a flop and when it happens we will resurrect this post, La Liga is totally different from the Premiership.

Legend Roberts

so you will be revelling in glory if Rafa fails?

you want to see the club go backwards to prove your little point?

Pathetic.

I think you are exactly right there mate. They seem to want the players and manager to fail just to prove themselves correct in a `i told u so ` way  :down:
Matt*Lfc

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion