Garcia...

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby AussieRed » Thu Aug 12, 2004 12:26 pm

I was just wondering with the press speculating that we are now asking for Juanfran from Real as part of the Owen deal (if it happens...) that would solve our right side of midfield.. we are still being linked with Luis Garcia.. can you guys who get more covreage of Spanish league than we do tell me abit about him.. he is left footed so why would we want him as we have Harry on the left. What other positions can he play??? If we were to buy him instead of loan what fee would we pay?
AussieRed

Postby jordantoh » Thu Aug 12, 2004 12:42 pm

Garcia plays on the right for Barcelona... and he switches flanks often with Ronaldinho... he also has a good right foot although he is leftie by nature... a very good winger and can finish very well.. would be great to fill up our right flank vacany...

i have not seen much of Juanfran.. but he is a winger.. and plays direct... and have good pace... if given the chance.. would be a star in the making ( of coz not in REal.. no youngster will make it)...

i think the next better player to buy would be SWP... he was the star player for Man City last season... would be a wonderful addition to our squad and with the so-to-be Liverpool player Alonso... we would hav the best midfield in EPl...

Excited already :laugh:
jordantoh

Postby who the hell is diarra » Thu Aug 12, 2004 1:08 pm

Madrid don't have the cash for a mega deal so we must get two players from them as Morientes is goin nowhere and Eto'o has already gone, so i'd like Juanfran and  someone like Ivan Helguera, he's got bags of class ???
Always Look on the bright side of life
der der ........der der der der der

Drummerphil You'll never walk alone
who the hell is diarra
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Thu Aug 12, 2004 1:11 pm

who the hell is diarra wrote:Madrid don't have the cash for a mega deal so we must get two players from them as Morientes is goin nowhere and Eto'o has already gone, so i'd like Juanfran and  someone like Ivan Helguera, he's got bags of class ???

helguera? another centre midfield player converted into a centre back. remind you of anyone? :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Redtribe » Thu Aug 12, 2004 4:05 pm

http://skysports.planetfootball.com/list.asp?hlid=219332&cpid=8&CLID=14&lid=&title=Reds+agree+Barca+deal

his on his way i think
Redtribe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jymbojetset » Thu Aug 12, 2004 4:16 pm

So is this related to the Michael Owen saga?
jymbojetset
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby who the hell is diarra » Thu Aug 12, 2004 4:38 pm

stmichael wrote:
who the hell is diarra wrote:Madrid don't have the cash for a mega deal so we must get two players from them as Morientes is goin nowhere and Eto'o has already gone, so i'd like Juanfran and  someone like Ivan Helguera, he's got bags of class ???

helguera? another centre midfield player converted into a centre back. remind you of anyone? :D

Fair enough  :D
Always Look on the bright side of life
der der ........der der der der der

Drummerphil You'll never walk alone
who the hell is diarra
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anfieldadorer » Thu Aug 12, 2004 4:48 pm

Name Shine Javier Garcia Sanz   
Country Spain   
Age 25 years   
Date of birth June 24, 1978   
Birthplace Barcelona   
Height 1m76   
Weight 74 kg   
Post Attacker   
Current club FC Barcelona 

match/goal
97-98 FC Barcelona B (D2B) 36/15         
98-99 FC Barcelona B (D2B) 36/10         
99-00(déc) Real Valladolid 6/0         
99-00 Toledo (D2) 17/4         
00-01 Tenerife (D2) 40/16         
01-02 Real Valladolid 24/7         
02-03 Atletico Madrid 30/9     
03-04 FC Barcelona 25/3

International caps
7/3

Average goals/match 0.30
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Thu Aug 12, 2004 5:03 pm

ITV text says deal done for Garcia at 6m  :;):
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby ivor_the_injun » Thu Aug 12, 2004 5:05 pm

I like the idea of having two interchangeable wingers. Kewell's got a great right foot, and as people have said Garcia is naturally left-footed anyway.

If this is true, it's a fantastic signing.

Shaun Wright-who?
ivor_the_injun

Postby ivor_the_injun » Thu Aug 12, 2004 5:08 pm

HEH HEH HEH HEH!

A mate of mine has just emailed me with the piece from ITV, but has substituted Garcia's name with Peter Ndlovu's. Good job I'd already read about Garcia on here, as I'd have shat myself otherwise.
ivor_the_injun

Postby jordantoh » Thu Aug 12, 2004 5:30 pm

great move by Rafa.. garcia is a great winger to have in our team... a good scorer.. would provide pace and goal scoring threat down the flanks... i think with the signing of Garcia and Alonso... we really hav the chance to at least challenage for the title.. dun u all think so :laugh:
jordantoh

Postby akumaface » Thu Aug 12, 2004 5:45 pm

The best thing with the soon to be addition of midfielders would make our back 4 better for sure. THey will take off loads of pressure especially from our center back. I hope we could skip a day to Saturday right now.:p
akumaface
LFC Super Member

Postby The_Rock » Thu Aug 12, 2004 5:50 pm

Still hoping for a pacy centreback. This would almost complete the squad.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anfieldadorer » Fri Aug 13, 2004 12:07 pm

Barcelona winger Luis Garcia could be ready to snub the overtures of Liverpool as he wants to stay at Camp Nou.

Barcelona have confirmed that Liverpool have made a bid to sign Garcia after they met the fee of the wide man's release clause of €9 million (£6 million).

Reds boss Rafa Benitez is a big fan of the Spanish international and tried to sign him when he was in charge of Valencia.

Benitez has now made moves to bring him to Anfield as he looks to bolster his midfield options.

Barca are willing to sell Garcia after a busy summer in the transfer market, however Barca's sporting director Txiki Beguiristain revealed Garcia has informed him that he is happy to stay at Camp Nou.

"I have spoken recently with the player and he has informed me he is happy," Beguiristain told Spanish daily Sport.

"He is from Barcelona and he knows that we are making a winning team and he wants to participate in it.

"We are content with him, but we will not keep anybody against their will."

Beguiristain hinted that despite Garcia's desire to stay the club could decide to try and offload him.

"Although now it seems difficult for a move, everything could happen because we are not going to be able to retain everyone if their release clause fee is met and he wants to go away to another team," added Beguiristain.

Beguiristain also played down rumours that the recent arrival of Samuel Eto'o from Real Mallorca would push Javier Saviola out of Camp Nou insisting the Argentine is part of their plans for next season.

"He (Saviola) is as good as the others," said Beguiristain."Now we have three forwards and it is unknown what can happen now.

"Technically we like the three because the three are good at scoring goals and they complement each other because they are different players.

"However to a contractual level anything can happen we will wait until the time, but we count on all three."
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion