Take out the garbage

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby A.B. » Tue Jan 18, 2005 11:02 pm

First and foremost sell Djimi Traore, as much as he's improved under Benitez Traore is simply not good enough for LFC, tonight he showed that he's a complete muppet. Unbealivable, we've lost before but this is the most frustrating defeat I've had to watch.

What is wrong with our players? It seems that they don't care about anything any longer. Nobody was interested in making something happen, nobody was willing to fight and give it their all. I'm disgusted by the performance of our players even if they are mostly youngsters.

I hope to God that this a good smack in the face for us. If we don't   learn ur leasson now then we never will. I hope this awaken us and get's us going because if it doesn't then this will be a long season.

Nunez was a disgrace and so were many of our players. Not acceptable. I'm just glad that we didn't played our starting 11 and lost. This way it gives us a reason why we lost. No more youngsters. From now on play the starting 11 in the Carling Cup.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby zarababe » Tue Jan 18, 2005 11:07 pm

how many more threads on this ... ppl ???
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby wet echo » Tue Jan 18, 2005 11:10 pm

yes i agree, for young lads with the chance to shine they showed a total lack of commitment a very poor display and Burnley deserved that. :(
wet echo

Postby chiggz_likes_owen » Tue Jan 18, 2005 11:17 pm

I'm sorry but this is poor from Liverpool, I expected to be through to the next round but we arn't. Pretty much no players showed any willingness to impress us fans and Benni apart from Baros who really should pass more often and, Hyypia, Dudek and thats about f*cking it. Some of these muppet's are overrated and overpaided. We cannot continue like this ; its so poor.

I blame all the players. I'm sorry but no more fu*king young lads, first team for everything. Its so embarassing to be knocked out already.
Last edited by chiggz_likes_owen on Tue Jan 18, 2005 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chiggz_likes_owen
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mistyred » Tue Jan 18, 2005 11:28 pm

Yeh it's a shame but there are still gona be the rose tinted lot that are not gona hear nothing bad said about anything to do with the club.
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Tue Jan 18, 2005 11:42 pm

Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez has defended his decision to play a weakened side in tonight's FA Cup defeat to Burnley, but promised his senior stars would return for next week's Carling Cup Semi Final second leg against Watford. 
Speaking after a bizarre Djimi Traore own goal sent his team crashing out, he said, 'We haven't got a big enough squad to use our senior players in all four competitions.

'We have done well in the Carling Cup so I thought there was no reason not to use some younger players. I will field a much stronger team against Watford next week though.'

And while he refused to blame any of his players for a disappointing result, he did admit Burnley's winner should have been avoided.

'We conceded a bad goal', said Benitez. 'It was down to a mistake and it should have been cleared. But we tried hard and I can't fault the players for their effort.

'Burnley started the match at a very high tempo, but we then controlled the game and played better in the second half.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby cricket » Wed Jan 19, 2005 12:14 am

Controlled WHAT?, I somehow think not the football being played on the park. Burnley manager said they did not play that well, What does that say about ours.
cricket

Postby A.B. » Wed Jan 19, 2005 12:37 am

We played descent footie in the second half but clearly were not willing to win the match.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Stan Laurel » Wed Jan 19, 2005 12:42 am

FA Cup is much different from Carling Cup, Rafa should have know that. He shouldn't have rest their keys players for this game against Burnley.

The kids need to improve themselves to impress Rafa and some of them might lose their chance and could be way of the club next season.
Stan Laurel
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 109-1105722616 » Wed Jan 19, 2005 12:50 am

we already have a massive list of injuries, i dont think we should risk any more for the sake of a cup run. just think of the extra money generated from an extended run in the Cl or 4th place in the champions league
109-1105722616

Postby Alanay » Wed Jan 19, 2005 6:47 am

There are so many threads around this topic.. I think it's very clear that every Liverpool football's fan is dissapointed with the performance against Burnley.... At the end of the only results count. Nothing less.... So Rafa, if u have time..... please read some of these forums...
Alanay
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Wed Jan 19, 2005 8:40 am

I was more gutted on saturday when the manc sh#te won, than I was last night, and gutted when we got beat by the bluesh#te.
So I cant be hurt anymore.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby matrix » Wed Jan 19, 2005 8:46 am

ive got to second that dude and my work mate is a man utd sh...

matrix
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Wed Jan 19, 2005 10:33 am

A.B. wrote:First and foremost sell Djimi Traore, as much as he's improved under Benitez Traore is simply not good enough for LFC, tonight he showed that he's a complete muppet. Unbealivable, we've lost before but this is the most frustrating defeat I've had to watch.

What is wrong with our players? It seems that they don't care about anything any longer. Nobody was interested in making something happen, nobody was willing to fight and give it their all. I'm disgusted by the performance of our players even if they are mostly youngsters.

I hope to God that this a good smack in the face for us. If we don't   learn ur leasson now then we never will. I hope this awaken us and get's us going because if it doesn't then this will be a long season.

Nunez was a disgrace and so were many of our players. Not acceptable. I'm just glad that we didn't played our starting 11 and lost. This way it gives us a reason why we lost. No more youngsters. From now on play the starting 11 in the Carling Cup.

Please go back to supporting Real MADrid you idiot.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Wed Jan 19, 2005 11:23 am

Leonmc0708 wrote:
A.B. wrote:First and foremost sell Djimi Traore, as much as he's improved under Benitez Traore is simply not good enough for LFC, tonight he showed that he's a complete muppet. Unbealivable, we've lost before but this is the most frustrating defeat I've had to watch.

Please go back to supporting Real MADrid you idiot.

:D  :laugh:  :D
jonnymac1979

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion